Wednesday Weighers

gazter said:
I am following the plan 100%. I do try to shake things up now and then though. This week i didnt drink diet soda or eat potatoes/rice/pasta, just had lots of superfree instead. Day before weigh in as well i ate loads. I always just kind of eat light foods that will pass through quickly on day before weigh in, strange i know, but this time on the tuesday i had a fried breakfast a gammon steak (with salad) for lunch and 3/4 of turkey diced leg as a fake kebab with all the super free and a wholemeal pitta bread. It was a lot of food....

I feel i am going to have a good loss next week as well. I'll give myself a weigh on sunday see what happens.

Though i just missed my four stone award this week, another milestone was reached. I dropped a BMI Obesity class. above 25 = overweight, above 30 = obese class I, above 35 = obese class II and above 40 = obese class III.

Gone from class III to class I. In terms of health its suppose to be a big change. What's amazing is i can see in sight the magic 30. It seems a long way when you are 43. Its kind of silly but i just want someone to look at me, and the 'he's really fat' not be the first thing that enters their mind.

Scruffy, ugly, smelly, that's fine, just not fat! I have been fat since i was 11, and though i had a spot when i was working abroad in the hot sun for a year or so of me being a similar weight to I am now, fifteen years ago, since then i have just got fatter and fatter and fatter.

I keep wondering when i will look normal. I dont have body image issues, I reckon hitting fifteen stone, being 5ft 11, will be a point where people will not think of me as fat and I wont think of myself as either.

I cant praise slimming world enough. It doesnt even feel like i am punishing myself. There are foods i have to deny myself, largely fast food, but the feeling of losing weight week in and week out without fail (touch wood) is amazing. I dread the plateau moment though. I also think it will hit me very hard when i have a week in which i put on, but have still kept to the plan.

That's brilliant we'll done, keep it up :) as someone who has lost 5.5 stone on SW in a year, and am hitting a plateau now, I'm learning to just ignore it, and continue with the plan that's given me my health/life/ new wardrobe back ;) I've STS three weeks running, I'm on my last 8 LB to target. Last week was quite bad, I'm 100% person. But last week felt like I wanted to just eat sweets! I also am going through awful teen Son problems, I think 'Mothers angst' is about the only thing that's wanted to send me off plan, it's tough when you're worried sick about kids and just want to eat a big box of wine gums :( but I haven't. Ive also not exercised as much in this last months heat, I can't cope but I've got my trampoline back out and done an hour a day since Wednesday, today I've also stood and played wii golf/ tennis/ bowls/ baseball for hours. And failed at Tiger Woods game miserably, while its raining, it was better than watching the film n tv. All this is just a healthy way f life to me again now, so I try hard not to concentrate on the number on the scales ,if it's not jumping with joy, I'm HEALTHY now so, so what ;) good luck x

Thought I had posted last night - but it seems not!!!

So, first weeks WI ------ lost 5.5lbs! Well chuffed with that:D I know it's early days and there is a long way to go, but it's a great place to start.

Thanks to the recipe thread on-line, I#m have a great time, cooking and eating stuff that I would not have done before SW.

Thought I had posted last night - but it seems not!!!

So, first weeks WI ------ lost 5.5lbs! Well chuffed with that:D I know it's early days and there is a long way to go, but it's a great place to start.

Scrappy! THat's a brilliant weight loss! How motivating to start with such a big whammy. Well done you - it must be nice to see your ticker making a reaonable jump accross the chart. And only 1.5lbs to go until you loose your first 1/2 stone. Amazing!

Thanks Bonnie - Still smiling about it!!! I have a weeks worth of meals planned out, and all the ingredients to alow me to cook them all. Not too sure what oreder they will be eaten in - but I will get through them all. Sweet n sour Chicken tonight, probably something with fish tomoro and KFC style chicken and chips on Sunday.

For me the key is all in the planning. Really hope that I can get my 1/2 stone next Wed. Should be able to do it, as last weeks loss was me having 4 days away from home with someone else cooking. Fingers crossed.

Hello ladies & gents,

My first time posting in this thread but as a Wednesday weigher, I'm going to become a regular here :)

Lost 2.5lbs this week, which is 10lbs in 4 weeks! Never lost weight like this before so am really chuffed!

I REALLY want to lose 4lbs in the next 2 weeks which is a big ask but will mean I achieve the (unrealistic) mini goal I set myself on joining SW of losing a stone in 6weeks!!!

Am having 2-5scan bran a day & lots of fruit....fingers crossed.

Good luck this week everyone xxx

Bit of food inspiration? All recipes found on google ;)

Chicken pakoras, rice with kaffir leaves, large Indian salad of cucumber, lettuce, radish, onion, grated carrot, dressed with extra light mayo, extra virgin oil spray, Dijon mustard, white wine vinegar 1.5 syns.

Attachments

• image-633010029.jpg
    image-633010029.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 33
Bunnylush said:
Bit of food inspiration? All recipes found on google ;)

Chicken pakoras, rice with kaffir leaves, katsu sauce, large Indian salad of cucumber, lettuce, radish, onion, grated carrot, dressed with extra light mayo, extra virgin oil spray, Dijon mustard, white wine vinegar 1.5 syns.

All free except 1.5 syn dressing

Hello ladies & gents,

My first time posting in this thread but as a Wednesday weigher, I'm going to become a regular here :)

Lost 2.5lbs this week, which is 10lbs in 4 weeks! Never lost weight like this before so am really chuffed!

I REALLY want to lose 4lbs in the next 2 weeks which is a big ask but will mean I achieve the (unrealistic) mini goal I set myself on joining SW of losing a stone in 6weeks!!!

Am having 2-5scan bran a day & lots of fruit....fingers crossed.

Good luck this week everyone xxx

I had never dieted before, i had no idea i would lose so much. When I started I gave an undertaking that i would not buy myself an Ipad3 until i had lost at least two stone by June. Well, i lost two stone so quickly that I didnt have the cash to buy the ipad. By the time i bought it (last week) I had almost lost four stone!

gazter said:
I had never dieted before, i had no idea i would lose so much. When I started I gave an undertaking that i would not buy myself an Ipad3 until i had lost at least two stone by June. Well, i lost two stone so quickly that I didnt have the cash to buy the ipad. By the time i bought it (last week) I had almost lost four stone!

Wow! Three stone! That's so impressive! Well done!

I've told myself I'll buy myself a nice pair of running trainers when I lose the stone (doesn't sound like an amazing treat but I hate my current trainers & feel really conscious in my trendy gun with those awful things on my feet!)

I have 2 & half stone to lose so think I'll treat myself again at 20lbs (3lbs past my club 10) but not sure to what, maybe teeth whitening?

The treat for the big 2 & half stone loss......to book a holiday with the boyf that I can look forward to & not feel like a whale on the beach!

Good luck for Wednesday xxx

Hi everyone, Can i join in? I only joined slimming world last week, so my first proper weigh in to see if i have lost anything will be this wednesday :) Hoping for even 1-2lbs as this will give me the confidence to keep going and motivation also, i have stuck to it religiously so far.

nataliiek said:
Hi everyone, Can i join in? I only joined slimming world last week, so my first proper weigh in to see if i have lost anything will be this wednesday :) Hoping for even 1-2lbs as this will give me the confidence to keep going and motivation also, i have stuck to it religiously so far.

Welcome & good luck for your 1st weigh in xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Natialiiek, I am in the same boat, joined last wednesday and can't wait for this weeks weigh in. Always good when you look forward to it, I know it might not be this way every week!

Lets go for it everyone in these last three days and make Wednesday a good day!

I am planning to have a great day today, starting my 1/2 marathon training with a 3mile run this evening. Have had muesli, fruit and yog for my breakfast, a healthy chicken salad for my lunch (all free so far) and tonight I am making a tofu lasagne with some salad (all free except a teeny bit of parmesan on the top for flavour). I love eating like this!

Welcome & good luck for your 1st weigh in xx

Thankyou, means a lot x i need all the luck in the world. My mum always say to me if it wasn't for bad luck i would have none :D

Hi Natialiiek, I am in the same boat, joined last wednesday and can't wait for this weeks weigh in. Always good when you look forward to it, I know it might not be this way every week!

Lets go for it everyone in these last three days and make Wednesday a good day!

I am planning to have a great day today, starting my 1/2 marathon training with a 3mile run this evening. Have had muesli, fruit and yog for my breakfast, a healthy chicken salad for my lunch (all free so far) and tonight I am making a tofu lasagne with some salad (all free except a teeny bit of parmesan on the top for flavour). I love eating like this!

Thanx Bonnie :) i haven't done any exercise as I'm still recovering for 2 spinal surgery operations i had about 10 weeks ago, so exercise is a no no. But I've done my best to stick to it. my guilty pleasure was irn bur, but not one sip has passed my lips since starting ww last week, instead I've been drinking water and diet coke, i always hated water before and still do but i suppose i could get used to it.

you must send me the recipe for tofu lasagne, is it easy? i got the slimming world magazine at the club and there is a so many nice recipe's, I've noted a few of them down, gona cook chicken lasagne tonight the measurements are for 4, but theres only me and my son, so i will freeze the other half and have it another night. :)

What time is your meeting on wednesday? mine is at 7pm.

Yep mine is at 7 as well. So I have time to stop drinking at 3pm to flush out as much as possible before the meeting!

Tofu lasagne - can't find the original recipe but basically it is a tomato sauce made from scratch (tinned toms, tom puree, onions, oregano and garlic) layered with lasagne sheets and the tofu, with cheese on top (just a few tsps of parmesan) for flavour.

Use the tofu in place of white sauce. You need to buy a block of it, use a fork to crumble it into tiny crumbs and mash a galic clove and some herbs/seasoning in with the mush. It is really nice as it is a fat free protein, and it retains its moisture when you cook with it, so the lasagne is juicy. And completely free (bar the parmesan but you could do without). I am sure there is another free SW recipe using quorn or lean beef mince or something, but I like to use tofu as I don't like eating too much meat - and I try to eat soy for health.

Enjoy! Sure you will break the Irn Bru habit sooner than you think. Don't they do a sugar free version?

Bonnie xx

nataliiek said:
Thankyou, means a lot x i need all the luck in the world. My mum always say to me if it wasn't for bad luck i would have none :D

That's what my nana says to me xx

Back