Wednesday Weighers

Lost 2lb this week

well I hd to miss class this week due to work but I went to the docs today and it looks like ive lost 4lbs or so in 1st week but I'm not counting on thta cos obv it was different scales so next week ill know for def but im ill at the moment and have had totm so im not sure how its gone

I can't believe I'm frustrated with a 2lb loss! Of course I am thrilled to have lost weight again (24 weeks in a row of losses) and I am so, so proud of myself. Just that damn half pound! It always happens when I'm close to an award or the next stone bracket - I'm always half a pound short!

I will have that half pound next week, but need 2.5lbs to be in the next stone bracket. We'll see whether that happens!

I gave myself a good talking to last night about not being happy, because I should be thrilled with myself! I'm determined to make this week count and next week I'm hoping to be coming here and jumping for joy when I post that I got my 5 stone award!!!

We are on very similar trajectories. Continual and sustained weight losses, week in week out. But I guess, like me, you are sticking to it strongly. I can't believe for myself five months have passed by. 2lbs is a great loss, but we are used to more, that's only why it disappoints.

But 2lbs is 2lbs, I have two stone to reach my target weight (and hitting the big 100 lbs off). At 2lbs a week I should be there within a few months, and at 3lb a week I could be there within two and a half months, as could you :)

excellent, love how you do it month by month, there are a few people in my class that get really disappointed with their weight loss week to week, and the class rep told them to look at it on a month by month measurement instead of a weekly amount and i think that is a good idea for people who get disappointed with it not falling off.

well done on your 5 stone award, hope i can keep it going, i would like to lose another 4 stone to be happy and just maintain after that x

I only put it down monthly because I hit the character limit on the sig... Which is why I only put the most recent half stone and stone.
What I find quite classy are those people who have lost eight, nine and ten stone, and that's the only thing they have in their sig. One badge, with the number nine in it. We all know the blood sweat and tears that went into that award.

We are on very similar trajectories. Continual and sustained weight losses, week in week out. But I guess, like me, you are sticking to it strongly. I can't believe for myself five months have passed by. 2lbs is a great loss, but we are used to more, that's only why it disappoints.

But 2lbs is 2lbs, I have two stone to reach my target weight (and hitting the big 100 lbs off). At 2lbs a week I should be there within a few months, and at 3lb a week I could be there within two and a half months, as could you :)

You're right - I am sticking to plan 100% all the time. I treat myself to a sandwich on a Wednesday night because I miss bread and have cut it down a lot, but whether I have egg mayo, or sausage bacon & egg, or just plain old ham, it's still within my syns for the day. That is the only real treat I have during the week, unless I am truly missing something. But whatever I eat is within my syns. Plus, I am doing a ton of exercise, so I feel like I worked hard enough week in and week out to earn my losses.

After continual losses week in and week out for 6 months, I am dreading that day I step on the scales and have gained or maintained. I've been building up to having a gain the week of my birthday (5 weeks away), but I said I will only treat myself if I get to my interim target by then. I'm still a stone off that, but I'm changing up my exercise routine this week to see if it helps give me a boost. I might also try success express for a few days.

Wow, only 2 stone until target? That is so, so close! You'll have that before you know it!! I'm looking forward to that 100lb loss too! 30.5lbs away for me, so it is close enough I can taste it! I plan on getting there before Christmas all going well! I still have another 5+ stone to lose at least, so I'm in it for the long haul. I was initially planning on getting to target by mid-February 2013, but I reckon I will be there this time next year realistically, if I keep working hard and stay determined!

We can do it! One day at a time! I am starting afresh tomorrow! I was that annoyed with myself over this stupid half pound that I got a drive thru McDonalds tonight - sabotaged myself for the first time in 6 months :( I had a snack wrap and chicken nuggets...Hopefully I can pull it back. I've drawn the line and tomorrow is a new day! Lots of superfree for me this week! lol!

Last edited:
You're right - I am sticking to plan 100% all the time. I treat myself to a sandwich on a Wednesday night because I miss bread and have cut it down a lot, but whether I have egg mayo, or sausage bacon & egg, or just plain old ham, it's still within my syns for the day. That is the only real treat I have during the week, unless I am truly missing something. But whatever I eat is within my syns. Plus, I am doing a ton of exercise, so I feel like I worked hard enough week in and week out to earn my losses.

After continual losses week in and week out for 6 months, I am dreading that day I step on the scales and have gained or maintained. I've been building up to having a gain the week of my birthday (5 weeks away), but I said I will only treat myself if I get to my interim target by then. I'm still a stone off that, but I'm changing up my exercise routine this week to see if it helps give me a boost. I might also try success express for a few days.

Wow, only 2 stone until target? That is so, so close! You'll have that before you know it!! I'm looking forward to that 100lb loss too! 30.5lbs away for me, so it is close enough I can taste it! I plan on getting there before Christmas all going well! I still have another 5+ stone to lose at least, so I'm in it for the long haul. I was initially planning on getting to target by mid-February 2013, but I reckon I will be there this time next year realistically, if I keep working hard and stay determined!

We can do it! One day at a time! I am starting afresh tomorrow! I was that annoyed with myself over this stupid half pound that I got a drive thru McDonalds tonight - sabotaged myself for the first time in 6 months :( I had a snack wrap and chicken nuggets...Hopefully I can pull it back. I've drawn the line and tomorrow is a new day! Lots of superfree for me this week! lol!

I am being much gentler on myself, in the sense i have set 14 1/2 stone as a target for a number of reasons:
i) it takes me out of the bmi obesity class entirely, having been 43bmi
ii) it is a 100 lbs loss
iii) it is a seven stone loss.

Technically i would still be overweight..

only lost 0.5lb on Wednesday, its really defeated me and i've been off the rails ever since! basically just stuffed my face, had a target in mind for my holiday in 5 weeks dont thinkim gonna make it. Got a boozy day out tomorrow so thats more syns. Feeling a bit rubbish :(

I am being much gentler on myself, in the sense i have set 14 1/2 stone as a target for a number of reasons:
i) it takes me out of the bmi obesity class entirely, having been 43bmi
ii) it is a 100 lbs loss
iii) it is a seven stone loss.

Technically i would still be overweight..

7 stone is a massive loss, and at the end of the day, if you are happy and healthy at that weight, then what that stupid BMI chart says doesn't matter! Overweight or not, if you are happy and able to maintain that weight, that's fantastic!

I've gone back and forth about where I want my target to be, and I'm still not 100% sure. If in another 2 stone I am happy with my weight, and continuing to eat healthy and exercise, then I will call target. At the same time, I also think that if I have worked so hard to lose 7 stone (which I would have lost in another 2 stone), then why not go all the way and see how it feels to be in the healthy BMI range. Initially I wanted to be able to buy clothes in any shop I went into - and I can do that now. But I still want to lose more. Honestly, my target is changing daily in my mind at the moment!

My interim target is set at a BMI of 34 - still obese - but it means I become eligible for a medical procedure I've waited the last 5-6 years for, so it's important I get there as soon as I can. Although the procedure isn't a life/death thing, it's something I want and need, so that is my motivation right now. After that, I'm not sure what my motivation will be other than to feel good about myself and be healthy. I'm looking forward to having a specific target weight in mind though, even though that isn't going to happen for a while! Get my interim target out of the way and I can then relax a bit - I hope!

I put on 1.5lbs this week but that was expected.
Just glad it wasn't more!

I only put it down monthly because I hit the character limit on the sig... Which is why I only put the most recent half stone and stone.
What I find quite classy are those people who have lost eight, nine and ten stone, and that's the only thing they have in their sig. One badge, with the number nine in it. We all know the blood sweat and tears that went into that award.

defo, a lot of hard work involved xx

Im defo going to gain this week, me n my little boy over indulged, we made home made pizza n had cornets n nachos n chips, so if i don't gain i will be pretty surprised, this is the first week i haven't been 100% on the plan since starting, but things have happened recently with my little boy so wanted to cheer him up, so if i gain i gain, I'm expecting it, but ill be bang right on it the following week. just hoping i don't gain more than 2lbs lol x

Hi, I'm going to join the Wednesday weighers as it has been really helpful reading ppls comments here.
Ive been SW for near two years now, but have struggled losing anything the last year, all up and down. So finally I feel IN THE ZONE!

Ive had a really good week this week, looking forward to Wednesday to see what the scales say. I am aiming for 1lb per wk and will get the last bit of weight off by mid November.

Reading people worry that 1 or 2lb weight loss is bad has made me need to say that ANY weight loss is a wonderful thing. Especially as you do SW longer and longer you become pleased with any weigh loss as it is hard to keep up the drive and enthusiasm you have in the first months.
So I would say, be proud of any loss, never think it is a bad thing! Half a pound a week is still 1.5stone over a year!

Thanks, Liz x

Mind if I join you? :)

I moved recently and am now going to a Wednesday morning group. I've been a bit off plan this week (had a small operation which affected things) but I didn't think I'd done terribly. Had a sneaky peak on some scales this morning and it's saying I've gained almost half a stone... Really hoping the scales are off but still going to brave the weigh in.

Good luck to everyone!

Littleone said:
Mind if I join you? :)

I moved recently and am now going to a Wednesday morning group. I've been a bit off plan this week (had a small operation which affected things) but I didn't think I'd done terribly. Had a sneaky peak on some scales this morning and it's saying I've gained almost half a stone... Really hoping the scales are off but still going to brave the weigh in.

Good luck to everyone!

Welcome :D I really hope your scales are playing up but well done for being brave and facing it :)

Hi all! Praying for a loss this week I've really stepped up my training and stayed in my syns overall for the week as a cream slice jumped off the plate into my mouth on Sunday!! Naughty cream slice haha x

Back