Wednesday Weighers

I put on 1lb today up to 13.9 1/2 which I'm delighted about as I wasn't exactly 100% this week, bank holiday, my 30th and no cooker (kitchen refit) :)
Going for a big loss next week :)

:D Awesome. Well Done, you deserve it.

Awww, thank you! I was so determined this last week to get my 5.5 stone award! SOM and woman of the year took me completely by surprise! I was really embarrassed, but my fridge is looking nice and colourful now with all the certificates!

4.5lbs off, SOTW, SOTM and ...................................................................10 Stone Sticker :D

View attachment 61603

Ecstatic right now, gonna have a day off the treadmill to celebrate tomorrow :)

Well done everyone for another week of amazing loses!!!!

WOW!! Well done! A well deserved award for you! And double digits? That has to feel amazing, right?!

Hey people,

I'm Annie *waves*. Joined SW 2 weeks ago, lost 5.5lbs in my first week and nothing this week. Probably cos it's star week. Feeling very upset and emotional, trying to see the positive side that at least no weight was gained, but still absolutely gutted!

Bunnylush said:
Well done everyone :) congratulations Duksey xx

Erm well I seem to be a target member after today's 1.5 LB loss! I needed 1 LB off. So that's me, 6 stone 1/2 LB off in 14 months. 8.5 stone off since being diagnosed diabetic 4 years ago. I now weigh 10 stone 8.5 LB, and I'm crazy scared of trying to maintain, as I found my losing journey very easy with Slimming World :) feeling a little lost now lol x

Well done absolutely bloomin marvellous

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Half on for me but tbh I'm thrilled with that after the heavy bank hol weekend, evening wi as opposed to last weeks morning one and I've had quite a few carbs today.

Hiya everyone,

I go to my weigh in on a wed at 5.30. Anyway just wanted to say hi ?

good luck! :)

Bit late again but working nightshifts is a killer.. i lost another 2 lb this week, so im happy... i wanted to be 2 and a half stone lighter before i went to turkey on the 20th of sept... i have 3 more weighs and 5 lb to go, I can do this! :)

Hey people,

I'm Annie *waves*. Joined SW 2 weeks ago, lost 5.5lbs in my first week and nothing this week. Probably cos it's star week. Feeling very upset and emotional, trying to see the positive side that at least no weight was gained, but still absolutely gutted!

Please don't be disheartened. A maintain is a good thing if it's * week. Hormones can be all over the place, you retain water, etc. Plus, your body is adjusting to your new lifestyle and eating plan. Also remember that you had a huge loss in your first week, so it's possible that your body is in shock and just settling into things. If you've suddenly started exercising too, your muscles may be retaining water from that.

Make sure you write down everything you eat/drink on your food diary. Perhaps it would help to send your consultant a text letting him/her know how you're feeling and possibly go over your food diary next week. Are you having your Healthy extras (weighed and measured)? How many syns are you having?

Stick with it. I'm sure you'll be in for a nice big loss next week (((hugs))) and you're already so close to your half stone award in just 2 weeks. Well done!

As a woman, because of * week/hormones/etc, you should really look at your weight loss over the course of the month and not go by just 1 weeks weigh in. After a month, I'm sure you'll be surprised if you work out your average weekly loss based on what you lose over the course of the month! You may even notice a pattern after a few months, so you'll be able to predict when you may be retaining water due to * week. GP's recommend losing weight at a rate of 1-2lbs a week, so even though you maintained this week, you are already ahead of where you *should* be based on GP's recommendations. That's a huge achievement and you should be extremely proud of yourself!

Please don't be disheartened. A maintain is a good thing if it's * week. Hormones can be all over the place, you retain water, etc. Plus, your body is adjusting to your new lifestyle and eating plan. Also remember that you had a huge loss in your first week, so it's possible that your body is in shock and just settling into things. If you've suddenly started exercising too, your muscles may be retaining water from that.

Make sure you write down everything you eat/drink on your food diary. Perhaps it would help to send your consultant a text letting him/her know how you're feeling and possibly go over your food diary next week. Are you having your Healthy extras (weighed and measured)? How many syns are you having?

Stick with it. I'm sure you'll be in for a nice big loss next week (((hugs))) and you're already so close to your half stone award in just 2 weeks. Well done!

As a woman, because of * week/hormones/etc, you should really look at your weight loss over the course of the month and not go by just 1 weeks weigh in. After a month, I'm sure you'll be surprised if you work out your average weekly loss based on what you lose over the course of the month! You may even notice a pattern after a few months, so you'll be able to predict when you may be retaining water due to * week. GP's recommend losing weight at a rate of 1-2lbs a week, so even though you maintained this week, you are already ahead of where you *should* be based on GP's recommendations. That's a huge achievement and you should be extremely proud of yourself!

Thank you :) feeling more positive this week, its still star week for a few days...so im probably not expecting to lose this week. Cut down on the salt i put on my food because i *know* that doesnt help with water retention, and it's not too healthy either.

As for the exercise, i've always played badminton once a week, but i guess otherwise that was it, whereas now i've started walking a bit more with the dog and to work etc.

Back on it 100% this week, making sure i eat as much superfree food as possible and drinking at least 2 litres of water a day.

I have noticed that I was over eating HeB - i was eating 2 slices of wholemeal bread, but it was an 800g not 400g loaf!!

I stayed the same this week, after thinking about it I realize it's probably because I'm eating too much superfree instead of free food, I seem to substitute free food for superfree thinking this will give me a better loss, instead it just seems to have slowed down my metabolism and I was holding on to fat instead of losing it. I had a slap up meal after my WI and I jumped on the scales the next day to see I had finally shifted 3 lbs, at least according to my home scales, and checked the day after to see a further 2 lbs come off, so I have a better grip of the plan now and I'll continue in this trend.

I also wasn't using my syns, I synned a pizza for dinner on Wednesday and had 36 syns in this small pizza, thats including the cheese that was on it, the ham and the pineapple so I don't know what it would have been if I didn't count all that.

Learned my lesson :)

I stayed the same this week, after thinking about it I realize it's probably because I'm eating too much superfree instead of free food, I seem to substitute free food for superfree thinking this will give me a better loss, instead it just seems to have slowed down my metabolism and I was holding on to fat instead of losing it. I had a slap up meal after my WI and I jumped on the scales the next day to see I had finally shifted 3 lbs, at least according to my home scales, and checked the day after to see a further 2 lbs come off, so I have a better grip of the plan now and I'll continue in this trend.

I also wasn't using my syns, I synned a pizza for dinner on Wednesday and had 36 syns in this small pizza, thats including the cheese that was on it, the ham and the pineapple so I don't know what it would have been if I didn't count all that.

Learned my lesson :)

It is a hard lesson to learn and remember. Your metabolism has to be tickled, feed it enough so it doesn't notice that you are burning off its very valuable reserves.

I'm hoping it's normal for me to be a bit nervous of the weigh in this week. Because i didnt lose weight last week (my second weigh in), i'm worried it'll be the same again this week - despite me absolutely scoffing loads of superfree with my meals! And writing down all my syns too...i've been really careful with my syns too...hmmm.

Im the same Redlady.....best of luck for tomorrow :) ive been on the plan 3 weeks,ive stuck to it like glue and worked out every day but i fear its not enough...dont know where to go next if this diet fails:(

Back