Wednesday Weighers

Well done everyone. I lost 3.5 lbs last night and got my stone and a half award :). I'm also now under 12 stone which feels great can't remember being this weight.

Lost 4 1/2 pound this week :) was my first week but I've eat well :)!!

Xx

well done everyone on your losses today, well i am in total shock, i was totally expecting a gain, i felt as though my jeans were digging into me and when i stood on the scales i had lost 5lbs, so happy :)

Aw Lisa-H - its a horrible feeling but do yourself a favour - have a long soak in the bath and take your book in with you, and any magazines you have from the last couple of months, keep a food diary this week and you'll do wonderful next week !

As for the others - well done all ! i don't weigh until about 7.30 so will log in either tonight or tomorrow - i'm hoping to get my half stone award (finally!) and get myself starting on my stone award track. I've been super super good, although I've had two vodka nights which is naughty! Keep your fingers crossed for me ! xxxx

2.5 off tonight, was hoping for a bit more since I had a 4.5 gain last week. Got a boozy weekend too but hoping I don't do too much damage! x

Not really been focused and been 100% this week but lost 1lb so I am happy :)

How do people lose more than 2 pound a week?

Xx

2lbs off, slimmer of the month (seven months in a row), I am now in the fourteens, and only a few pounds away from my seven stone award, and a few more on top from target..

Another 3lbs off for me tonight. Missed my Club 10 by 1lb and my 2st award by 2lbs! Next week!!!

Gained 3.5lbs but been off plan for 3 weeks, 2 of those on holiday. 10% back on plan since Monday so hopefully lose it again quickly.

How do people lose more than 2 pound a week?

Xx

They have a weekly calorie deficit of more than seven thousand calories. The bigger you are the easier it is. When you are big the amount of energy that is required for it to function is much higher than someone who is near their recommended weight. What you find also, is the more fat you have the easier it is for your body to metabolise its energy from the fat (each fat cell can only release a specific amount of energy, the more you have the more you can get from it).

Someone who is twenty stone could work their a*se off in terms of exercise and a strict diet and lose six to seven pounds on a week in week out basis.

Once your weight is down to mid to high 20s BMI it slows right down, the body has a lot less fat to burn, and your body requires much less energy to function. I would expect that greater than two pound losses at that point are the exception not the rule.

Back