Wednesday Weighers

Thanks ladies. It really is awful. He lost 6 stones, met a lovely woman, had a baby then when his baby was just a few wks old he was diagnosed with cancer. His son is just 6 months old. It is so cruel and such a horrible disease.

I'm going to do the slimathon to lose weight to raise money for the cancer hospital that both him and my dad died in :-(

of course one of the general signs of such a serious illness is rapid weight loss. I have had to interact with various clinicians over the last six months, when they ask the question about any weight loss, i tell them eight stone. You can see them diagnosing me in their mind, with some form of cancer. I tell them it was planned though and a smile comes back to their face.

Is it possible that your friend lost the weight at slimming world, and his success was actually a symptom, which was dismissed?

Last edited:
Well done everyone!

I've finally got there... Club 10 AND 1½st award in one night! Wahoo!

of course one of the general signs of such a serious illness is rapid weight loss. I have had to interact with various clinicians over the last six months, when they ask the question about any weight loss, i tell them eight stone. You can see them diagnosing me in their mind, with some form of cancer. I tell them it was planned though and a smile comes back to their face.

Is it possible that your friend lost the weight at slimming world, and his success was actually a symptom, which was dismissed?

A few people have said the same thing but it took him a few years to lose the weight and it was only in the last few months that his weight loss was more rapid, to the point that when I saw a photo of him before he was diagnosed, I thought he looked too thin. Such a shame losing all that weight for such a tragedy to happen.

Thats so sad. :'-(

That is sad :(

I lost 5lbs this week, and really wasn't expecting it. I drank so much on Friday I lost count of the syns, as well as forgetting how to get home! But I guess something must have worked because 5lbs off is a bloody miracle!

Thanks ladies. It really is awful. He lost 6 stones, met a lovely woman, had a baby then when his baby was just a few wks old he was diagnosed with cancer. His son is just 6 months old. It is so cruel and such a horrible disease.

I'm going to do the slimathon to lose weight to raise money for the cancer hospital that both him and my dad died in :-(

That is just so awful, but best of luck with the slimathon and raising money.

I lost 2.5lbs this week and although I've only lost half a pound in the last 2 weeks I still managed to win slimmer of the month which amazed me. So feeling quite motivated this week and I actually went to the gym today. I knew I hadn't been for ages but discovered the last time I went was 26 March last year! And - I only went 3 times between Jan-March last year which equates to about £145 per gym session! OMFG!!!!!
I think I need to go 3 times a day now 7 days a week to try and make up for it :eek:

I lost 2.5lbs this week and although I've only lost half a pound in the last 2 weeks I still managed to win slimmer of the month which amazed me. So feeling quite motivated this week and I actually went to the gym today. I knew I hadn't been for ages but discovered the last time I went was 26 March last year! And - I only went 3 times between Jan-March last year which equates to about £145 per gym session! OMFG!!!!!
I think I need to go 3 times a day now 7 days a week to try and make up for it :eek:

Ha ha - I think my last gym membership cost me about £360 for a visit (because I think I only ever went once :p)

Put 1/2lb on this week but I'm not sweating it too much as its totm and I've started cycling after getting a new bike :)

A group of friends from work have decided we are going to take bikes to work and cycle for an hour after work most nights which will be good as unlike the gym there will be people who wont let me make excuses lol.

I love riding only started last weekend accumulated 6.4 miles over 4 days with a rest inbetween days.its hard work but I feel so good afterwards :)

I really want to see a 3.5lbs loss this Wednesday. Ive been on plan all week. Tonight im going to do 15 mins on cross trainer and tomorrow will do 15 mins on bike. Ooo really hope I get there. Will have reached my 2 stone award then. Fingers crossed.

A maintain will do me this week as have slipped up but tried pulling it back these last couple of days :D Aqua fit tomorrow morning so maybe that will boost my weight loss :D

Bit of a late post but last Wednesday I lost another 4lb and smashed my 6 stone barrier by 2 lb, so chuffed and my SW co-ordinator was in tears giving me my cert - awwwww , Nikki u r brill

Back