Wednesday Weighers

Creeping back with a 3lb gain over 2 weeks. Far far better than what I was expecting/deserved given the amount of junk and and crap I have ate the past 11 days.
Fingers crossed I can I stick on plan this week. It has been faaaaaaaaaaaaaar too long since I've had a 100% week!!

Well done on some brilliant losses this week!!

It is hard - if only we knew what made us break with the plan as well as knowing what keeps on track eh! I

think if ur still posting ur still in the groove - so hope u still keep doing that - sometimes when I'm desperately trying to get back on the wagon - I go the other way (psycho!)

So these days I try to start more gently - allowing myself a little more food for the first few days - then slowly reduce to whatever diet rules I'm following at the time! Not 100% guaranteed to work but it may help?? Good luck!

Hi spottydoris! Well done in losing 8lb!! Don't forget what you have lost! That's over half a stone!

regarding syns - if I don't use all 15 syns I don't lose as much as if I use them all! Please make sure with EVERY meal you are have 1/3rd of it super free on your plate/bowl! This is key to the extra easy plan working! Also make sure your eating enough for breakfast/lunch! The first day I looked at you only had a banana try to have something more filling! Magic porridge is great for being filling and when in a hurry! 35g porridge oats(hexB) mixed with a muller light yoghurt - leave in fridge overnight and eat in the morning! I tend to add raspberries and banana to mine and eat it at work in fact I had that this morning!

Thx for the porridge tip - that's what I love about minimins!

Need to make some changes - been eating same stuff for too long - so just prepared that for the morning - cheers - hope u have a good week!

Grrr... another 1lb loss :(

Don't get me wrong I am happy I lost something, but I can't figure out why I'm not losing more... cry.

First week included a number of meals out, and while I tried to make good choices I was not fully on plan - and I lost 6lbs!
Second week I ate like an angel - kept my syns right down to around 5/6 per day - and lost 1lb. Figured it might be a blip and I'd have a good loss this week...
Third week I was still good but I had a couple of heavy day - one including a greek restaurant and one Sunday lunch pie - and averaged about 14 syns per day - again only lost 1lb.

I think I am just frustrated because I want to find my groove... that magic number where I know that if I eat 'x' syns I will lose more than if I ate 'y' syns. At the moment it feels like no matter what I do I am only having small losses - and will around 4 stone to lose, it feels like it'll take forever to shift. Normally slow and steady would be fine but I am getting married next September and planning to have a baby before then, so I really want to be losing the chubb a bit faster :)

I have attached my food diary for the last couple of weeks (last week is the orange week)... like with last time, any advice you can give on where I could boost myself would be amazing :)

Thanks!
xx

Hi - I feel for u - it is frustrating but celebrate the 8lb loss so far - u have ur first half stone award + 1lb more off!!

But if ur not happy I can understand why ur prepared to change things - first thing I'd ask is - do u have fluid retention - totm due any time soon?

Next - ur s/sheet is impressive and mega organised of u! But u don't seem to eat much for b'fast and lunch - that could make u want to snack and cause u to be ravenous by the time ur ready for ur evening meal .

If u ate a little more earlier in the day - u'd feel more satisfied and perhaps need less to satisfy ur hunger (a key SW principle).

How much fluid are u drinking? I fall down on this one - but keeping hydrated will also make u feel fuller - so regular drinks thro'out the day could help?

Another suggestion, how about re-reading the SW pack - I've been doing SW for years yet when I take the time to go back to the booklets - I always find something to help eg: having a third superfree on my plate at each meal - inc b'fast - I find fruit is convenient and tasty - defrost frozen berries, keep chopped melon or pineapple in fridge etc.

I also find reading other ppl's food diaries illuminating - I sometimes forget that free food isn't to be eaten until I burst - just till I feel satisfied and have often thought that others here are eating minute portions to mine! So this time round I've prepared smaller meals and lo and behold - about 10 mins after the meal esp after something sweet plus a hot drink - I feel full - my eyes were always bigger than my belly!

I hope u have a good loss next week to keep u motivated - good luck!

Maintained this week, am ok with that as I had cake and wine at the weekend. Back on it with a vengeance this week though! I am only 2lb away from my first stone, I will get that award next week!!

Well done for accepting that maintain - so easy for me to go on a binge in that situation - good luck this week - 2lbs is realistic isn't it - esp when ur back on with a vengeance!

Hi - I feel for u - it is frustrating but celebrate the 8lb loss so far - u have ur first half stone award + 1lb more off!!

But if ur not happy I can understand why ur prepared to change things - first thing I'd ask is - do u have fluid retention - totm due any time soon?

Next - ur s/sheet is impressive and mega organised of u! But u don't seem to eat much for b'fast and lunch - that could make u want to snack and cause u to be ravenous by the time ur ready for ur evening meal .

If u ate a little more earlier in the day - u'd feel more satisfied and perhaps need less to satisfy ur hunger (a key SW principle).

How much fluid are u drinking? I fall down on this one - but keeping hydrated will also make u feel fuller - so regular drinks thro'out the day could help?

Another suggestion, how about re-reading the SW pack - I've been doing SW for years yet when I take the time to go back to the booklets - I always find something to help eg: having a third superfree on my plate at each meal - inc b'fast - I find fruit is convenient and tasty - defrost frozen berries, keep chopped melon or pineapple in fridge etc.

I also find reading other ppl's food diaries illuminating - I sometimes forget that free food isn't to be eaten until I burst - just till I feel satisfied and have often thought that others here are eating minute portions to mine! So this time round I've prepared smaller meals and lo and behold - about 10 mins after the meal esp after something sweet plus a hot drink - I feel full - my eyes were always bigger than my belly!

I hope u have a good loss next week to keep u motivated - good luck!

Thanks upndown :)

My TOTM is due in the next couple of days, yes - but traditionally I tend to get lighter while on my period (which is a bizarre, almost medically impossible, fact!). I had it throughout my time doing Lighter Life, Atkins and Clean Eating... I would always have my biggest losses during TOTM. W-e-i-r-d. ;)

As for breakfast, to be honest I don't really feel like I am missing out at all. In the first week I had more eggs I suppose, with smoked salmon generally... I might start doing this again - as Know from my clean eating days that starting the day with protein rather than fruit sugars etc, saw me lose well. Good plan :) As it stands I don't feel deprived or tempted to over eat, I actually feel like I'm eating just the right amount... but I will try and bulk out a bit and see if that helps.

Fluids wise, I am USELESS. Always have been and this is definitely something I need to address. I drink tea and coffee all day at work, but I cannot remember a time in the last couple of weeks where I had a glass of water (apart from at the gym, when I sip on my water bottle). I know this is terrible, so I will try and kick start this - it's just so damn cold in my office, the idea of drinking anything that's not steaming hot is massively unappealing!

I will definitely start trawling through other people's food diaries.... and start prepping smaller portions at dinner time. Fingers crossed this is my week for a bigger loss... if not I might weep. I NEED to lose another 13lbs by 8th April... which I can do IF I lose an average of 2 per week. The reason for this is that I have an appointment to start IVF and my BMI has to be under 30.

Any tips to speed up my weightloss (and be maintainable!) will be much appreciated x x

Hi spottydoris- I've not had a chance to open your diary, but which plan are you following? I've found Red has helped with my losses the last couple of weeks. I hadn't really tried it before, but now I am hoping to get into the habit of doing Red Mon-Thurs and EE on the weekend.

I hear you on drinking cold water in a cold office! How about warm squash? Blackcurrant with hot water is quite nice. Or herbal/fruit teas. I am not a "normal" tea drinker at all, but enjoy mint or green tea throughout the day.

I try to get in 2 litres of water though, so find having a bottle at my desk works. If I had to keep going to get a glass of water I'd never have it, but the bottle I keep tipping away at.

Hi spottydoris- I've not had a chance to open your diary, but which plan are you following? I've found Red has helped with my losses the last couple of weeks. I hadn't really tried it before, but now I am hoping to get into the habit of doing Red Mon-Thurs and EE on the weekend.

I hear you on drinking cold water in a cold office! How about warm squash? Blackcurrant with hot water is quite nice. Or herbal/fruit teas. I am not a "normal" tea drinker at all, but enjoy mint or green tea throughout the day.

I try to get in 2 litres of water though, so find having a bottle at my desk works. If I had to keep going to get a glass of water I'd never have it, but the bottle I keep tipping away at.

Thank you Coughdrops... yes, I'm on EE. If this week doesn't give me a good loss either (already shopped and planned through until next Weds)... I will speak to my consultant about trying red. I know from past experience doing low carb that it tends to work well for me, so maybe that is the answer through to early April. Thank you x

Magic porridge is great for being filling and when in a hurry! 35g porridge oats(hexB) mixed with a muller light yoghurt - leave in fridge overnight and eat in the morning! I tend to add raspberries and banana to mine and eat it at work in fact I had that this morning!

LOVE the sound of this for days when I'm not sure how to use up my HexB. I try to avoid Muller Lights now I have discovered they have aspartame in them, but I assume this would work equally well with Activia 0% yogs? Thank you! :) x

Thanks upndown :)

My TOTM is due in the next couple of days, yes - but traditionally I tend to get lighter while on my period (which is a bizarre, almost medically impossible, fact!). I had it throughout my time doing Lighter Life, Atkins and Clean Eating... I would always have my biggest losses during TOTM. W-e-i-r-d. ;)

As for breakfast, to be honest I don't really feel like I am missing out at all. In the first week I had more eggs I suppose, with smoked salmon generally... I might start doing this again - as Know from my clean eating days that starting the day with protein rather than fruit sugars etc, saw me lose well. Good plan :) As it stands I don't feel deprived or tempted to over eat, I actually feel like I'm eating just the right amount... but I will try and bulk out a bit and see if that helps.

Fluids wise, I am USELESS. Always have been and this is definitely something I need to address. I drink tea and coffee all day at work, but I cannot remember a time in the last couple of weeks where I had a glass of water (apart from at the gym, when I sip on my water bottle). I know this is terrible, so I will try and kick start this - it's just so damn cold in my office, the idea of drinking anything that's not steaming hot is massively unappealing!

I will definitely start trawling through other people's food diaries.... and start prepping smaller portions at dinner time. Fingers crossed this is my week for a bigger loss... if not I might weep. I NEED to lose another 13lbs by 8th April... which I can do IF I lose an average of 2 per week. The reason for this is that I have an appointment to start IVF and my BMI has to be under 30.

Any tips to speed up my weightloss (and be maintainable!) will be much appreciated x x

You're welcome - unusual TOTM stuff going on as u say!

Don't beat urself up over not drinking water - tea and coffee isn't evil - but are u measuring ur milk? Not that I do but if ur hunting for answers - might be worth checking.

When I suggested eating b'fast - I should have said I'm not a b'fast eater - took a banana & yog to work for years - whether I was dieting or not - cos I didn't fancy anything before 10ish!

All the advice I've read on dieting is to eat b'fast to keep us feeling fuller cos if we don't - we tend to make up for it later in the day - eventually I started eating b'fast and have found that my losses improved cos I ate less at evening meal.

Plus most ppl are more active during the day so the calories are being burnt off - but lots of us are flaked out at night so not using calories at the same rate - hope u don't think I'm preaching - just responding to ur post. Good luck this week.

Hi everyone. I was a bit disappointed this week as I only lost half a pound. I worked so hard this week although it is my star week :( xx

Hi spottydoris! Well done in losing 8lb!! Don't forget what you have lost! That's over half a stone!

regarding syns - if I don't use all 15 syns I don't lose as much as if I use them all! Please make sure with EVERY meal you are have 1/3rd of it super free on your plate/bowl! This is key to the extra easy plan working! Also make sure your eating enough for breakfast/lunch! The first day I looked at you only had a banana try to have something more filling! Magic porridge is great for being filling and when in a hurry! 35g porridge oats(hexB) mixed with a muller light yoghurt - leave in fridge overnight and eat in the morning! I tend to add raspberries and banana to mine and eat it at work in fact I had that this morning!

Thanks for this great idea - had that for b'fast and still feel full! Will be making that a habit. Have a good week.

Thank you Coughdrops... yes, I'm on EE. If this week doesn't give me a good loss either (already shopped and planned through until next Weds)... I will speak to my consultant about trying red. I know from past experience doing low carb that it tends to work well for me, so maybe that is the answer through to early April. Thank you x

Even if you stick on EE, there is no harm in reducing your pasta/rice/potatoes portions anyway. I like red for the extra Hex!

Hi everyone. I was a bit disappointed this week as I only lost half a pound. I worked so hard this week although it is my star week :( xx

Well done for having a good week - who'd be a woman eh?! TOTM really messes up our weight loss grrrr - then the scales mess our heads up!

Don't do what I've done on the past and mess myself up by bingeing cos the effort I've put in doesn't match the reading on the scales!

Keep at it and u'll have a good loss next week - tough I know but it will work! Haver a good week!

sorry, only been able to pop on, on my phone, and haven;t been able to LIKE

Well done to all the losses everyone.

Hope your having a super sw friendly weekend? My dd is on a sleep over so me and the ds are having a sw chilli and rice, followed by fruit and yogurt woohoo to staying on plan!

It's the start of the week, if you've be good great, if not draw a line under you can do this!

Attachments

• image-3569419179.jpg
    image-3569419179.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Hey I weighed in last Wednesday for my 1st weigh in and was gutted to only have lost 3lbs, the first time I done sw I lost 7lbs in my first week and I ate well better this time...and I feel like if I don't have a better result this Wednesday I may cry as I've been good and very in plan until this morn when I secretly weighed myself and have only lost 1lb since last Wednesday? I know I shouldn't but just can't help myself...feeling mehhhh!! X

Hey I weighed in last Wednesday for my 1st weigh in and was gutted to only have lost 3lbs, the first time I done sw I lost 7lbs in my first week and I ate well better this time...and I feel like if I don't have a better result this Wednesday I may cry as I've been good and very in plan until this morn when I secretly weighed myself and have only lost 1lb since last Wednesday? I know I shouldn't but just can't help myself...feeling mehhhh!! X

3lb is a great loss in a first week! I am on my phone so can't see your stats! But keep with it, it works!!

Dreading Wednesday! Missed the last two weeks as I was too scared to face the scales. My birthday, a weekend away and hospital stay due to kidney infection has thrown me off these last 3 weeks. Barely stuck to plan at all! Going to face the music Wednesday morning and hope the gain is a small one

Looking forward to this week's weigh in! stuck to it like glue! :)

Back