Week 13

leinadeoz

Hi guys, I am currently doing slim and save but I just wondered regarding week 13. I did the slim and save thing yesterday and had a pint of milk and 2 pieces of fruit. This morning I feel ill an have really bad heartburn, I can't do this all week!

So my question is, is it really bad if I skip week 13 and if so, would it be ok if I just ate dinner tonight with some carbs to get me out of ketosis and went back down to the shakes only tomorrow, really don't want to up my calories for a whole week!

3 stone 8lb lost in 10 weeks - love slim and save :)

I would up the calories with protein and stay away from the carbs as you don't want to come out of ketosis. Oily fish is a good one with salad, as you need your omega also a few handful insalted nuts help a lot, especially with gallstones. Which seem to be common on VLCDs. You only feel ill has you haven't eaten but that will pass after few days. You must eat food, but stick to protein. X

I believe the idea is to bring yourself out of ketosis as it's not good for your body to be in that state for an excessive period. During my break week I kept my calories low but had things like toast.. The following week wasn't difficult at all in terms of going back into ketosis. Hope you're getting on ok x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Yeah, I think you need it- some people on here skipped it and are doing ok still but others found they couldn't lose if they skipped it, like their body just went NO MORE! I have read a few who have just made up their shakes with semi-skimmed or full fat milk and done it that way.

I think semi ketosis but everyone does things differently, as long as you eat if your only doing full meal replacement. Well done week 13 amazing x

I did my week off around week 6 as I was on holidays. I ate whatever I liked for the most part but found I just wasn't that hungry. I kept myself mostly protein based but had bread when it was on offer and only put on glycogen weight, which came off the week I went back on sns and took a bit more weight with it! It was dead easy going back on the plan again. It was like I'd never come off it in the first place! I was super nervous about being off the packs while away but it turned out great!! And while my weight changed, I think my measurements went down :)

Do your body a favour, give it it's break. I'm sure it will be very grateful for it! The people who answered before me had some great ideas!

Oh I meant to say its great practice for your refeed!!! :) makes it less daunting/scary

Just a note on ketosis, in case someone like me starting Slim & Save and wondering about week 13 comes across this thread...

You are either in OR out of ketosis. You CANNOT biologically be in "semi ketosis" as Linz1971 mentions above. Your body is either converting fat into ketones for fuel or it is not. Every time you are not in ketosis, your glycogen + water stores are restocked, every time your body is entering ketosis again, your body will use those glycogen stores BEFORE beginning to burn fat for fuel and synthesising ketones.

I have stayed in ketosis states for long periods of time as a long term low carb eater. I have tested both my blood and urine to analyse glucose and ketone levels during this process, as have many others, as have many scientists, so there is really no doubt on this issue whatsoever. Ketosis is a happy state for the body to be in for a certain length of time. It is likely out bodies evolved to be in periods of extending ketosis depending on the availability of foods seasonally etc. However, long term ketosis can (in some people) have some negative effects on the body, it places strain on the liver and kidneys (so very important to drink lots of water) and it can cause your bones to lose calcium and other minerals. What I really like about Slim & Save is that they are upfront about the fact that the body needs a break from ketosis and I will certainly been taking mine. What you don't want to do during week 13 is increase your fat stores (which would defeat the whole purpose) so probably best not to binge on junk food, chocolate or drink booze on week 13 but definitely intend to come out of ketosis.

Back