Week 2, 5lb Lost, What else Can I do? :(

LondonIrishOllie

Pensively Posting
Hi All,

Ok so I lost 5 lb this week, 17lb in total.. Was certain this week would be more.. Chemist could see my disappointment. and said I may not be drinking enough water, I can drink more..

Also more exercise is on the cards.. 1.5 mile walk home every night and then gym. I don't wanna wear myself out but its frustrating not losing the average (7lb for males) a week when I'm trying so hard. havent faltered, havent even eaten a breadcrumb and been fairly active... I just don't get it.

Any of the big losers got any tips?

Hun, that's still only 2lb off half a stone. I know it can be frustrating but just think, on any other diet you may only have lost 2lb

Hang in there time will tell 5lb is a brilliant loss how much water are you drinking, it might be time to up the exercis a little bit I see you walk home do you walk to work if not have you considered doing so.

On you tube there are some great short exercises that you may considerdoing be warned they are cheesy but short and efficient have a look and see what you think

YouTube - 8 Minute Buns

all the best just remember the weight didnt appear overnight so it wont disappear overnight time and patience will see you suceed

keep strong and let me know what you think of the videos

xx Sharron

I am wondering if maybe you are gaining muscle which does weigh more than fat – water is the key but little and often never drink a massive amount more than a pint in one go,
I felt disappointed yesterday with 4lb loss so only 9lbs in 2 weeks when most people lose more in the 1st week i guess we are all different and hoping your be rewarded with a great WI next week

In saying that i have noticed my shape to have changed and gone down dress size so scales aren’t everything

keep your chin up.. if you hadnt of been doing lipotrim you may well have gained that in a week... sounds to me like you should be on more water..... my method is going to be leaving half pint glassess in the livingroom and kitchen and always having bottles in the car... It means i am seeing little amounts of water everywhere and each time i drink one, i fill it up again for the next time i am passing.. hopefully it will work anyway.... good luck and keep smiling xxx

Hi Ollie

think in terms of packets of butter, thats 10 packets, I find doing this helps me to visualise better what I've actually lost. Go to the supermarket and stack up 34 packets of butter and you'll feel better, thats what you've lost in 2 weeks. Can you tell from your clothes that you've lost weight? Have you measured yourself before you started and now?

I am trying not to obsess with the numbers of pounds each week as it can be counter productive.

Take care and keep up the good work.

Cabbez

Hi,

Congratulations on your loss! I think you should really be happy with 5 pounds loss! You have lost over a stone in 2 weeks.

I have seen many men on lipotrim and the average weight loss per week is not 7 pounds - to my knowledge it is 5 pounds, men loose 1.5 stone per month and women loose 1 stone per month.

After your first week, which is always exceptional, you should settle yourself into accepting that your weekly loss will probably fall inbetween the bracket of 4 - 6 pounds and that every month you will loose about 1.5 stone.

As each week passes the easier it becomes, but really appreciate your weekly weight loss and feel good about your achievement, and do not be disappointed.

Enjoy your walk and trip to the gym! :)

Good Luck

LondonIrishOllie you are doing so well, thats a good loss :):):)

Just keep doing what you have been, maybe wannabesize10 is right and you have more muscle???

Chin up chuck your doing great :):p:p

Hi,

thanks all.. I know I'm happy I've lost over a stone in two weeks.. never thought that was possible till I heard of this diet before xmas.. Just from chemist point of view and reading others charts I thought it would be 7..
O well onwards and downwards!

Some of the advice has been great thank u all! I dont walk to work cos I Wear a suit and dont want it ruined/get sweaty on the way and would be in a big rush if I did. On the way home I can do all that no problems

I do notice things fitting more loose but more in 1st week than this week obviously! not sure about gaining muscle, havent done much in that sense yet.. think I'll just pick up the cardio work for now, then move on to muscle/toning work..

I also do a 2 shake a day thing.. one at 8.30 am and one at 9 pm.. is this too late to be drinking the 2nd? usually not home til late from work..

Hi,

Just did some calculations and you will be at your target weight of 172lbs for the end of march. Believe me that time will FLY in! And when spring comes in you will look completley different, people won't even recognise you, and you will posting all the funny stories of how people look at you now on this forum!!! It is an amazing journey, and you have so many cool things ahead of you, my advice is just to keep on track, enjoy the process and focus on how you will look and feel once you get to goal at the end of march!

If you enjoy having your shake later in the evening and it gives you something to look forward to then I would just stick to the way you are doing it now. You could think about having half a shake during the day and the 2nd half in the evening. Just whatever works best with you.

Good luck! :)

I really think that you should be patting yourself on the back, not feeling disappointed.

You're only on week two and look how much weight has fallen off. Think how much will have gone by week six, even if you only lost 2 or 3lb a week?

What ever you lose, whether its 1lb or 9lb, it's a loss. And it all adds up. Just keep going and try not to lose heart, you've done brilliantly and 5lb is no mean feat, that's 10 slabs of Lurpak!

Ollie..... 5lb is fantastic... and 17lb in two weeks is awesome!!!!!! Your doing great!!!!!! Just keep doing what your doing!!!!

Nas x

Hi Ollie!

You're doing great and you really shouldn't worry about the weight loss. I haven't been too happy with mine lately, but I was told to measure myself and that made me feel better. If you've lost less in weight, it's most likely that you've lost in inches.

If you want to speed up the fat loss, you should do cardio excersises, ones that really make you sweat buckets! but don't over do it LOL.

You're doing fine, keep up the good work and just give it time, this is only your 2nd week and you've lost a lot! be proud.

Hi,

Just did some calculations and you will be at your target weight of 172lbs for the end of march. Believe me that time will FLY in! And when spring comes in you will look completley different, people won't even recognise you, and you will posting all the funny stories of how people look at you now on this forum!!! It is an amazing journey, and you have so many cool things ahead of you, my advice is just to keep on track, enjoy the process and focus on how you will look and feel once you get to goal at the end of march!

If you enjoy having your shake later in the evening and it gives you something to look forward to then I would just stick to the way you are doing it now. You could think about having half a shake during the day and the 2nd half in the evening. Just whatever works best with you.

Good luck! :)

Heya,

aww thanks for that honey! I really hope you're right.. I'd love that soo much! really motivating to read that! you're a star bar! :) x

I really think that you should be patting yourself on the back, not feeling disappointed.

You're only on week two and look how much weight has fallen off. Think how much will have gone by week six, even if you only lost 2 or 3lb a week?

What ever you lose, whether its 1lb or 9lb, it's a loss. And it all adds up. Just keep going and try not to lose heart, you've done brilliantly and 5lb is no mean feat, that's 10 slabs of Lurpak!

hehe you're right! should stop complaining, just wanna have amazing losses.. average will do for the moment!

Ollie..... 5lb is fantastic... and 17lb in two weeks is awesome!!!!!! Your doing great!!!!!! Just keep doing what your doing!!!!

Nas x

Thank you! I'll try! :) x

Hi Ollie!

You're doing great and you really shouldn't worry about the weight loss. I haven't been too happy with mine lately, but I was told to measure myself and that made me feel better. If you've lost less in weight, it's most likely that you've lost in inches.

If you want to speed up the fat loss, you should do cardio excersises, ones that really make you sweat buckets! but don't over do it LOL.

You're doing fine, keep up the good work and just give it time, this is only your 2nd week and you've lost a lot! be proud.

Thanks Yasmine! :) Ill be getting back on the cardio.. kinda missed the bike! guess we're heading in the right direction anyway!

Thanks Yasmine! :) Ill be getting back on the cardio.. kinda missed the bike! guess we're heading in the right direction anyway!

Yup yup! ooh the bike, i always hated that one, never got much on that and I got bored LOL

when i did LL... the weeks i went to the gym... i lost less than the weeks i didnt!!!!! maybe thats just me x

Ollie, your losses thus far have been amazing...be patient, it will happen and you'll be at your target in no time. Everyone is different and I guess it depends on our bodies and whether we retain a lot of water....i reckon you have probably got to the fat burning stage already and it is far better to be losing fat than losing water...so don't despair and look ahead to week 3 - you can do it!!

Hi Ollie, Thats great! But I do know what you mean, I like yourself lose 12 this week, my first week, and do want to lose 7 next week, haven't really been doing too much exercise, although started walking this week. Somebody mentioned muscle gain, and i've heard that before, the large amount of walking you are doing would certainly add a bit of muscle to your body, so its all for the greater good!

Back