Week 2 WI

Vicky-Lou

Just a quickie cos I have a big bubble bath running - 4lb loss this week!!! Wow!!! 10lb in 2 weeks it's amazing!

I look forward to catching up with the posts later or tmrw

x V

hi Vikki.

That's really good. I lost around that in my first to weeks, have my 3rd weigh in tonight. fingers crossed it's a loss.

Well done keep it up

L x

Hi all.
My name is Elspeth and have about 13 stone to lose. :( im 29 years old and on my last year at university. I was reading the threads and the one thing that stands out is all the support you guys have for eachother. this is something i am desperatly needing in my life. I have support from my family who are amzing and supportive, but i need objestiveness too. Im alittle confused though about abstinance in dieting?- people have set 100 day goals?. hrmm i am not on Lighter Life, but ahve done other weight loss programs. But i need something fresh. could you help me? is lighter life any good? could someone explain it to me. Also is anyone suffering with hypothyriodism? I have been a suferer for years now and on 350 mcg a day.. I find dieting extremly hard with it. I have lost 7 stones last year only to put it back on whne i went down hill again. although im not going to blame it all on my illness, i had alot of stess and depression last year which made me binge i think :(. anyways.. would love to get to know you guys and maybe we can support eachother:) . blessings E.

Hello Elspeth,
I have hypothyroidism. I'm on thyroxine. I was when I started LL.
I lost 12 stones with LL. I am in my mid fifties.I have maintained my weight loss for almost 2 years now and have never felt healthier in my life.
I would recommend it to anyone who is really determined to lose their weight and change their life.
Good luck whatever you decide to do.

oh SB I didn't know you had hyperthyroidism! I was just talking to a close friend of mine you has a lot to lose - currently wearing clothing size 26 but is struggling with dieting and blames most of her situation on her condition. The thing is I've known her for 15 years and remember her at a size 10! She had the condition then so I'm thinking it can't all be down to that - I've held my hands up and admitted that my weight gain was down to being bone idle and stuffing my face! Hoping that when we meet up at Xmas (she lives in Southampton) that seeing me back to my old self will give her all the inspiration she needs to do LL :)

Hi AJB - I've got Hypothyroidism (as opposed to Hyper) which is underactive thyroid.
I've also got the other thing you mention too - CBA (can't be arsed) It used to apply to dieting before LL. I LOVE food and wine.
I used to say life was too short to practice denial, that I would prefer to be fat and happy.
Until I realised I WAS fat, but not happy and not healthy.
That's when I stopped kidding myself and took control.
Thank goodness and LL.
Just think I may never have found LL. I would probably have exploded or died by now !!! Or both................?
I'm sure your success and determination will inspire your friend when she's ready and when she's recovered from the shock when she sees you. xx

Oops thats me being thick - she has to take larges doses of thyroxin as her body doesn't produce enough - so that's hypothyroidism like yours right? She definitely has CBA too - didn't we all - our favourite conversation to have (whilst on a girls night in of stuffing our faces and drinking way to much wine) was to say life's too short not to "enjoy and treat ourselves" but what exactly were we treating ourselves too? A life of miserable obesity? I'm so glad I've now taken control :)

Hi all.
My name is Elspeth and have about 13 stone to lose. :( im 29 years old and on my last year at university. I was reading the threads and the one thing that stands out is all the support you guys have for eachother. this is something i am desperatly needing in my life. I have support from my family who are amzing and supportive, but i need objestiveness too. Im alittle confused though about abstinance in dieting?- people have set 100 day goals?. hrmm i am not on Lighter Life, but ahve done other weight loss programs. But i need something fresh. could you help me? is lighter life any good? could someone explain it to me. Also is anyone suffering with hypothyriodism? I have been a suferer for years now and on 350 mcg a day.. I find dieting extremly hard with it. I have lost 7 stones last year only to put it back on whne i went down hill again. although im not going to blame it all on my illness, i had alot of stess and depression last year which made me binge i think :(. anyways.. would love to get to know you guys and maybe we can support eachother:) . blessings E.

Hi Elspeth,
Sorry to hear your having such a hard time with your weight, well done on losing 7 stone last year, it shows that you have the willpower and dedication to do it again! I'm at uni too and know how hard it can be foodwise, but I honestly cannot recommend Lighter Life enough. Lighter Life is a very low calorie diet, you eat roughly 500 calories a day. This means you lose weight very quickly, and can expect to lose around a stone a month. You eat 4 foodpacks a day, a combination of soups, shakes, porridge, chilli con carne (special packs) and bars. Since you are eating a small amount of calories your body enters a state called 'ketosis' where you don't feel hungry!

If you have any questions send me a message :)
xxxx

Oooh and well done Vicky-Lou! Your doing fab! xxx

Back