• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Week 3 - lets get these scales moving!

Crazybecky5

Green tea advocate!!
S: 18st7lb C: 15st0lb G: 13st0lb BMI: 33.9 Loss: 3st7lb(18.92%)
Just thought i'd actually start a thread to say hello (i've been nosing round this part of the site all week! :D).

I'm Bex, i was on WW for a good year and a half and lost around 34lbs - realised now that WW isn't going to be a long-term fix for me unfortunately. I have PCOS and have read many many stories of people in the same situation as me - can't loose the weight! That is until they switch to low-carb.

I'm 100% sure this is the answer.

I started my atkins/low-carb journey on Tuesday. Its been a tough week, had my moods swings and cravings but i haven't detracted once! :)

As of Thursday my Ketosticks were showing a dark purple so i'm very much in ketosis at the moment.

Anyway, just a enourmous THANK YOU to you all for the MiM's recipes! :) Incredible doesn't come close!!! :D

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Crazybecky5

Green tea advocate!!
oh dear, noone wants to talk to me :(

S: 146.1kg C: 141.1kg G: 69.9kg BMI: 47.3 Loss: 5kg(3.42%)
we do want to to talk to you lol

welcome to the board....im just flitting between here and biggest loser america on catch up.....ill be back later x

Crazybecky5

Green tea advocate!!
haha - don't blame you :) Great programme!!

Beki

Gold Member
S: 17st4lb C: 17st4lb G: 14st4lb BMI: 42.9 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
oooh welcome! :D i started yesterday and i'm finding it great so far! :D xx

I have PCOS also, and I found that I struggled to lose on WW and struggled to stick to it, on atkins I drop impressive numbers and I rarely have cravings :)

good luck x

Kat1e

This is for life
S: 17st8.9lb C: 12st12.8lb G: 12st6.2lb BMI: 27.5 Loss: 4st10.1lb(26.77%)
Hi Becky welcome :D
Great to have you aboard! Dont worry it will hot up tomorrow - i can barely kerp up

Crazybecky5

Green tea advocate!!
Thanks Beki! I don't feel restricted at all - the moodswings and downs i've had getting used to the diet are well worth it :) Cant wait to WI on Wednesday - its exciting!!

Crazybecky5

Green tea advocate!!
Ah!! Hiya everyone :) Thanks for the replys! Jools - its so inspirational to see how well you've done!! Thanks Kate and Taz - looking forward to getting to know everyone :)

One thing thats been confusing me today (5 days in) is that my apetite has reduced sooo much, before i couldn't eat enough - now i'm barely finishing a meal!

Kat1e

This is for life
S: 17st8.9lb C: 12st12.8lb G: 12st6.2lb BMI: 27.5 Loss: 4st10.1lb(26.77%)
Thats excellent - just keep eating whenever you are hungry and drink tons of water :)

RachieB

A thin person in disguise
S: 17st10lb C: 17st10lb G: 11st10lb BMI: 34 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Hey Becky. I am starting tomorrow so I am not looking forward to the slump. Is it really bad? How are you feeling now? Has your energy levels increased? Keep me posted as I would like to share your journey x

ladyfelsham

Clean green leafy machine
S: 24st11lb C: 19st9.5lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 48.8 Loss: 5st1.5lb(20.61%)
Morning Becky

Well done on starting Atkins, you will love it. Gets a bit quiet here on the weekend but someone will always post :)

Susie

RachieB

Hi everyone first day for me and I have started with a chicken and bacon omelette. Loving this so far, but I know the withdrawals will be coming shortly. Armed with water decaf coffee and emergency supplies (out for most of today). How's everyone today?

S: 25st0lb C: 13st1lb G: 13st1lb BMI: 24.1 Loss: 11st13lb(47.71%)
Hi Becky and welcome

Crazybecky5

Green tea advocate!!
Thanks everyone and thank for all the messages of support :)

My mood has really improved now - started feeling much brighter yesterday than i have all week. Its worth working through it, the scales are showing a good 5lbs at the moment - it would have taken me weeks on WW to loose that!! :D

I'm really enjoying the range of foods i can eat - i dont really feel limited and for the first time in my life, i'm not missing bread!! :eek: Started experimenting with my MiM's yesterday, i had a garlic herb one with some cream cheese - lovely!! :)

One thing that is puzzling me still is the appetite loss and i never know when i'm hungry? Has anyone else has this? :confused:

Rachie - from my experience so far, i think the postivies outweigh the negatives on this diet, you just have to hang in there :)

RachieB

Hey Becky.

How are you today I am so glad to hear you are feeling better. hank you for your kind words, I am trying to focus on all the positive posts on here and not to dwell on lack of job and huge weight gain over the last year. Had a real craving for s/f and cream for breakfast....bizarre and yes although I fell off the wagon yesterday, the loss of appetite is weird.

Your weight loss is amazing. Well done you. I am so looking forward to my wii fit avatar slimming down before my eyes lol!!!!

Hope you have a fab day xx