Week 3 - lets get these scales moving!

Hi Becky, How are you feeling today? I know you mentioned that you were downhearted but your clothes are feeling looser. I know I would be feeling the same as you...I am rooting for you and hoping that it hasn't upset you too much...we can all do this together. xx

Thanks Rach and Jax - we'll i'm still in ketosis! :) Thats a postive!!
Im going to carry on regardless, i'm feeling much better in myself so it must be doing me some good :D Clothes are much looser so perhaps the weight will follow?

Today i had sausage for brekkie, Chicken and mixed leaves for lunch and chicken wrapped in bacon for dinner! Yum!

Hope you're all okay? x

Morning all - feeling a bit downhearted...i only lost 1lb! :(
The thing is though, i feel like i've lost inches - my stomach feels flatter and my clothes are looser. I'm not imagining things.

Why the slow weight loss? Did anyone else have this? x

yes! in my first week i lost over 5 lb, but never more than 1lb a week after that. lots of weeks i have lost nothing. but i have gone down a size, about to be 2, hovvering between...and i look and feel much better. i am losing bulk but not weight, carry on regardless, it will happen!

Hi Becky!.. I'm on day three of me induction.. well done with the inches!... It's sad how we all want to see those numbers come down on our scale eh? even if our clothes are fitting better and people are telling use we 'look' better!.. I want to see those numbers come DOWN!!!!.. It's probably because we've lived with high numbers for such a long time that low numbers are our psychological reward eh?.. be it on the scale or in our clothes size!..

Well done and keep up the great work!..

Good morning all how are you today? Jax I totally agree with you. In 2009 I watched the scales drop to small numbers and in 2010 i watched the numbers getting bigger. Now I just want to lose regularly and feel better and not some much of Mrs Blobby lol!!! xxx

Ah thanks everyone, i really appreciate the support! :)

Well today has been a big day for me - i handed in my resignation at work! I have a new job much closer to home in an industry that i love. I'm currently doing a 70 mile round journey to Sutton Coldfield everyday and have managed to secure a fantastic job 2 miles from home!! :D On that note, how many carbs in a glass of bubbly? lol

Today i've had x2 sausages for b/fast, chicken and salad leaves with brie for lunch :) going well me thinks....

Morning all! I've just had the yummiest breakfast omlette with sausage, bacon and chicken...dear god, i love this diet!!! :D

Hope everyone is well?

Morning Becky, good to hear you are enjoying the food. And well done on new job :)

Morning all! Sorry i didn't get on yesterday - its been a busy few days. Aswell as getting my new job, i also passed my final exam for my Marketing Diploma and gained ACIM accreditation! :) Its been a good week!!

Diet is going well, i had a couple of glasses of fizzy over the weekend but not enough to bring me our of ketosis.

I wondered tho, to what extent does Atkins play around with your hormones?? x

Congratulations Becky. Welld onelove

Thanks Jim :)

Congratulations CB...awesome news...sadly I can't answer the question about hormones etc.. when you do find out I would be interested to find out too xx

Well done becky:)

Hellooo everyone, thanks for all of your support :)

Well, im still in ketosis but the weight doesn't seem to be going down and i'm eating sensibly...very confused (perhaps its TOTM?).
I got on the scales this morning and i haven't budged. Don't get me wrong, my clothes feel looser and i feel much better for not eating all those starchy foods!

Typical days food intake is; low-carb sausage for breakfast, tuna and mixed leaves w/mayo for lucnh, and meat and green veg for dinner...i don't really snack anymore - if i do i have the odd strawberry or lump of cheese...any suggestions?

I am going to stick it out for sure, but thought i might see some results by now on the scales?

Hi Becky, I was exactly the same as you, had been on Atkins since Middle of January and went up 2lb then down 2lb then up then down again..... (always in ketosis) have persevered as, like you, I really enjoy the eating plan. But this week I am doing the fat fast and have dropped 3lbs in 2 days... extreme? maybe, but if this is the kick start my body needs then fine. I will only do it for 5 days then go back to what I was doing. Its not been to bad and I was only hungry the first day, no hunger at all yesterday and today.. full of energy yesterday....
Sadie xx

Back