Week 5 weigh in, still cheating, still losing?

pigletpoo

Hi all

I am trying to follow the 790 plan, but every week I cheat. I eat loads of melon, pineapple, non CD soup, eggs, nuts etc. I have had an indian or chinese most weeks. And this week I expected diaster as I went away last weekend and I ate two meals out and a huge hotel breakfast - and I mean huge! Eggs, beans, mushrooms, toast, chocolate croissants, cereal, loads of orange juice... need I go on?

But I still lost 2 lb this week. Total 16lb in 5 weeks and over 4 inches off my hips.

I'm not proud to cheat, I wish i wasnt, but I dont understand why I'm still losing.
Its doesnt inspire me to stop cheating....

Piglet x

WELL DONE ON YOUR LOSS. Looks like you are obviously eating less than before to achieve your losses. However in the long run the weight loss may slow and also you are not giving yourself the discipline to stop over eating. I know its hard and i still take this diet day by day. Try and cut down on your cheats if you can as when you try to maintain the weight may go back on.

Its great that you have lost weight so far but can only assume you are still eating less than you did before. However, just think how well you could do if you didnt cheat to such an enormous degree. You certainly need to adjust the balance of what you are eating if you are ever to lose the weight and keep it off. Who do you think you are cheating when you do cheat by the way? You wanted to lose the weight or you would not be on this type of diet, you wanted a separation from temptation by doing a sole source programme, so who is the winner I wonder? Hope you continue with your weight loss and you continue to be happy with the way you achieve it. :confused:

Hi all

I am trying to follow the 790 plan, but every week I cheat. I eat loads of melon, pineapple, non CD soup, eggs, nuts etc. I have had an indian or chinese most weeks. And this week I expected diaster as I went away last weekend and I ate two meals out and a huge hotel breakfast - and I mean huge! Eggs, beans, mushrooms, toast, chocolate croissants, cereal, loads of orange juice... need I go on?

But I still lost 2 lb this week. Total 16lb in 5 weeks and over 4 inches off my hips.

I'm not proud to cheat, I wish i wasnt, but I dont understand why I'm still losing.

Piglet x

Hi hun
You are only losing slowly - really - if you think you COULD have lost 2st if you'd followed the plan properly.....
As long as you are happy losing the way you are then carry on - if its working for you then gr8.
Good luck xxxxxxxxxx

Yeah I am happy really. I'm a size 12 on the bottom now, so I don't look fat. And I certainly don't considor 16lb in just over a calender month to be "slow" weight loss.
Some people lose it quicker, some don't.
I just think its a shame that some people really torture themselves to the point of tears to lose weight so fast. It didn't all go on that fast did it? And my CD counsellor said a stone a month is expected on 790, not 2 stone. So I'm not sure where that comes from. And when I "cheat" i am simply cheating the 790 plan ( I am not on SS, have never claimed to be). Thats all I mean, its just a word. And as for "Who is the winner?" the winner is me. I am losing weight, enjoying food, enjoying shakes and fitting in to smaller clothes. And I never ate less before, I just ate different. I avoid carbs, and eat protien now instead. Maybe its not right, but I'll keep my thought to myself in future.
All I know is that everyone is telling me how fab I look, and I am loving it!

Piglet x

Yeah I am happy really. I'm a size 12 on the bottom now, so I don't look fat. And I certainly don't considor 16lb in just over a calender month to be "slow" weight loss.
Some people lose it quicker, some don't.
I just think its a shame that some people really torture themselves to the point of tears to lose weight so fast. It didn't all go on that fast did it? And my CD counsellor said a stone a month is expected on 790, not 2 stone. So I'm not sure where that comes from. And when I "cheat" i am simply cheating the 790 plan ( I am not on SS, have never claimed to be). Thats all I mean, its just a word. And as for "Who is the winner?" the winner is me. I am losing weight, enjoying food, enjoying shakes and fitting in to smaller clothes. And I never ate less before, I just ate different. I avoid carbs, and eat protien now instead. Maybe its not right, but I'll keep my thought to myself in future.
All I know is that everyone is telling me how fab I look, and I am loving it!

Piglet x
Hey Piglet
As long as your fine on it, then dont change it. dont keep your thoughts to yourself, world would be a very boring place if we did not all voice and share our opinions hun.... All I meant was, that if you had been more rigid with 790 you could have lost nearer to 2stone rather than one, especially in the beginning - no offence meant at all xxxx

A heartfelt apology

Dear Piglet,
I may be on sole source but I am currently eating "humble pie" because I didnt look more closely at the fact you were using a level of cambridge that I have no knowledge of; further more that you are not in the heavy weight class. I was just amazed at what you said you were eating and so full of carbohydrates too. It is not for me to judge your approach to your chosen diet. We all work towards our individual goals by our own preferred methods and it is clearly obvious that your approach suits you.
I was extremely upset this morning with weight gain without cheating and your post just rattled my cage I guess. It is not a good enough excuse for me to suggest a criticism of your attitude towards weight loss.
I hope you continue to have success and once again apologies for my remarks.

Hi all

Piglet x

Hi Piglet, congratulations on your losses so far. If it's working for you and you're happy keep going. You must be eating less calories than you are burning otherwise you wouldn't be losing.

lucky you- great weight loss and having a bit of what you fancy too! Keep it upgal- if it ain't broke don't fix it!!
Well done!

Back