Week 7 WI

Dietingdon

Silver Member
Gained 2lbs this week:cry: I'm totally gutted, but I know it's my own fault. God help me on holiday from tomorrow. Obviously I need to have minimal gain when I'm away. I'm so scared I wont be able to get back on track when I'm home, especially as I have a lot happening like birthdays and I'm away again August bank holiday. I feel gigantic and fat thanks to my 2lbs gain!:cry:
And what's worse is I didnt reach my 2 stone loss before my holiday, so I feel like a total failiure.

Hey come on you are NOT a failure!!!!!!

I will not have anyone talk that way.. so you had a little blip, you know where you went wrong and you you know what not to do in future!

Whilst on holiday, just try and make the sensible choices.. I know it's hard especially when on hols. Don't be so strict on Holiday that you completely go off the rails.. allow yourself the odd treat, that way you won't feel like you are depriving yourself!

If you have got so much stuff going on when you get back from hols, maybe use that as inspiration to be 100% and then when you've got an occasion, go up the plans for a couple of days!

Good Luck and Keep your chin up x

Thank you Elay, you are sweet. I'm just scared about what I could potentially gain on holiday. I know I have to be sensible, but I also know it'll be hard. But I guess, on the bright side, Im off to Amsterdam and we plan to walk and cycle everywhere. That's got to help, hasnt it??
I notice we've lost about the same, and have similar amounts left to lose. I think the reason I want to get to my goal on SS quickly is because of cost really, I really want to be 11 stones by xmas, although sooner if possible, due to the cost.
Thanks again for you kind words.

You will be fine... If you think positive about it and just enjoy your holiday then everything will be okay! If you intend to do lot of walking & cycling then I can't imagine that you'd gain much if anything at all combined with sensible eating! I love Amsterdam... such a fab vibrant city!!

I can totally relate to wanting to get to goal ASAP.. the cost is a massive factor (but when you're not buying actual food, suppose it doesn't work out too bad)!!

Don't beat yourself up hun, just think, you are going on holiday tomorrow :) have a good time, make sensible but not boring choices with food and then when you come back, think what a good time you had and get focused on your long term goal, which is to lose weight! We all have moments when we feel down, but at the end of the day just remember that you have lost 10% of your body weight, almost 4 points on your bmi and 12 1/2 inches off your body, that is a bloody good achievement so no, you are not a complete failure, you haven't given up and you WILL do it.

Chin up hun, have a wonderful holiday and we are here for you...

Hey hon, holidays are hard with the food thing, but enjoying your holiday is the most important thing. The only advice I can give is stay aaway from pasta and bread as much as possible and if you're going to eat carbs go with potato (as plain as poss, not fried or with cream) and rice! I always try and have salads or veg and meat and leave the chips etc and that way I have still eaten (and drank alcohol) on holidays and not had much of a weight gain at all. Just keep in the back of your mind that you don't want to undo too much of the good work you have done so far OR give yourself a harder task when you return - GOOD LUCK hon xx

Awww, don't be too hard on yourself. This happens sometimes and we just have to shake ourselves up and move on. You clearly haven't gained lots of fat - 2lbs spreads pretty thin over a whole body!! So don't be too disheartened, enjoy your holiday (not too much delicious dutch cheese and beer!) and come back for a fresh, determined start! Enjoy your hols:)

Back