WEEK-END OFF SOON

fatgirlslim76

:pGOT MY W'END OFF COMIN UP IN A COUPLE OF WEEK'S AND WAS JUST WONDERIN HOW MUCH WUD IT TAKE 2 COME OUT OF KETOTIS SAFELY,AS THERE WIL B 3 GUD NITE'S OF DININ AND DRINKIN DONE(AND I CANT WAIT)COS I WANNA B COMPLETY OUT OF KETOTIS B4 A DROP TOUCHES MY LIPS,THANK U.XX:thankyou:

I personally would do AAM for a couple of days then go up to 810 then on to 1000 in the few days leading up to it (I've just done this to get ready for my hols!). Basically it's highly unlikely that you'll be in ketosis on the 1000 (very rare to find anyone still in ketosis at this point).
Hope you have a good weekend off but try not to see it as an excues to go nuts (I've been very tempted to do this!).

I've got my birthday as a planned day off and after speaking to my CDC, she said that if I had a sandwich 2 days before, then another the day before, that should be enough to knock me out then I can drink safely

Just bear in mind you have not been drinking for a while and probably can't take as much as you could before .... this is the course of events on my weekends off:-

Stage 1: :party0036:

Stage 2::sign0137:

Stage 3: :cry: when you see the weight you've put on!

Unfortunately I still haven't learnt my lesson!

i drank the other weekend in ketosis and remained in ketosis (stuck to vodka and diet coke) and not even a hangover the next day!

i dont think drinking while in ketosis is dangerous, it is more to do with the empty stomach and nothing to absorb the alcohol... hence the danger of getting sloshed far quicker.

are you sticking to CD on the wkend off? ie protein and veg? if you did and drunk vodka and a diet mixer you'd prob stay in ketosis. if not sticking to cd then dont worry about ending up hospitalised after 2 glasses of wine. just take it slowly as you may get drunk faster than before...

xxx

I've taken this from one of the stickys:

DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL IF YOU ARE KETOTIC!
Alcohol is a powerful inhibitor of gluconeogenesis. In fact, it forces part of the gluconeogenic metabolic process into reverse. This means that if all the glucose in the blood is being derived from gluconeogenesis then the consumption of alcohol will inevitably cause the blood glucose level to fall. Worse still, the alcohol also stops ketone body production, thus leaving the brain entirely without fuel.
A person who is ketotic is 100% reliant on gluconeogenesis to maintain adequate levels of glucose in the blood. If, under these circumstances alcohol is taken, the person will become disorientated and might lose consciousness, not just from the alcohol, but from low blood sugar. Needless to say, this could be very dangerous, and even fatal.
Alcohol does not have these effects if the glycogen stores in the liver are normal. Under these circumstances the blood glucose level in the blood is maintained by the breakdown of liver glycogen, a process that is not influenced by alcohol. If a person becomes confused under these circumstances it is due simply to the pharmacological effects of the alcohol!

IT IS DANGEROUS TO DRINK IN KETOSIS, IT CAN KILL!!!!!!!

Back