week moments

jennyc

Silver Member
hi guys
well iv been faced with temptation,but non like this before,my best friends pregnant and is having a celebratory bbq at the weekend,dont eat me now but do you think if i didnt have my breaky and lunch shakes and had a fish salad,and a cheecky glass of wine it would really effect my weighloss and ketosses?

You CANT drink while in ketosis its really dangerous, there was a thread about it on here yesterday go have a look!

Its down along the list somewhere! I think there could be a sticky on it aswell

Yeah there was definately a sticky on it a few days ago as it has been mentioned a lot recently. It's obviously up to you if you do it, but i'd really advise not to.

When i first went on this the first time, 2 years ago, i made the mistake of drinking 2 bottles of wine on my birthday. Normally not a problem for me. Well i ended up in A&E. As it happened i had been spiked with LSD but the fact that i had drunk in ketosis the doctors told me made everything 100 times worse and more dangerous as my body couldn't fight both the drink and the LSD with such low levels of everything in my body!

Just be very careful if you do decide to go for the one glass honey!xx

Yeah there was definately a sticky on it a few days ago as it has been mentioned a lot recently. It's obviously up to you if you do it, but i'd really advise not to.

When i first went on this the first time, 2 years ago, i made the mistake of drinking 2 bottles of wine on my birthday. Normally not a problem for me. Well i ended up in A&E. As it happened i had been spiked with LSD but the fact that i had drunk in ketosis the doctors told me made everything 100 times worse and more dangerous as my body couldn't fight both the drink and the LSD with such low levels of everything in my body!

Just be very careful if you do decide to go for the one glass honey!xx

omg you poor thing thats a bday youl never forget.im quite scared now,:(

Oh nooo i didn't mean to scare you, lol. Sorry hun! I just meant that i had to learn the hard way. I should have paid more attention really, but i'd done 3 months on the diet and was close to coming off so i thought i could handle it.

I'm positive the LSD had more to do with it, lol. Your just likely to be quite sick if you drink while in ketosis, if no other reason than simply having nothing in your body to soak it up!

You could always go to the bbq and say you've got a bit of a bad tummy and if it's alright your gonna stay off the food and drink. It seems to work for lots of people on here and i've used it once or twice! Just think how good you'll feel about yourself for resisting. That in itself feels better than eating!xx

Oh nooo i didn't mean to scare you, lol. Sorry hun! I just meant that i had to learn the hard way. I should have paid more attention really, but i'd done 3 months on the diet and was close to coming off so i thought i could handle it.

I'm positive the LSD had more to do with it, lol. Your just likely to be quite sick if you drink while in ketosis, if no other reason than simply having nothing in your body to soak it up!

You could always go to the bbq and say you've got a bit of a bad tummy and if it's alright your gonna stay off the food and drink. It seems to work for lots of people on here and i've used it once or twice! Just think how good you'll feel about yourself for resisting. That in itself feels better than eating!xx
thanks hon but all my friends know im on the lipotrim they are so supportive infact everyone has been its great im very lucky xxjx

Thats great :) makes things so much easier if you've got your friends behind you. I've just got one of mine to start on it today! Well i'm off to do some Wii Fit..hula hooping is calling me! Speak to you later hun!xx

hi jenny, try and not eat chick its hell going back into ketosis isnt it!? as for the drink, you realllllllly need to not even go there :) not only is it very dangerous but it'll just make you chuck up everywhere. i drank once on the atkins diet and learnt my lesson the hard way when i threw up all in my hair....in front of everyone lol not a good look! ;) hope you have a good time anyway x

hey jenny I can completely relate to your dilemma. My cousin is having a big party on Sunday for his birthday and there is going to so much food there which means temptation. I would suggest that if you can bring a sachet with you when you are at the bbq and have it when everyone else is eating that way you dont feel too left out and also keep drinking the water. Everytime you feel tempted, take a sip of the water and resist it! I know the first time I was out celebrating I had to keep walking in and out of the rooms because I was getting tempted to take some salad or naughty things! If I can do you hun so can you xxx

hi jenny, try and not eat chick its hell going back into ketosis isnt it!? as for the drink, you realllllllly need to not even go there :) not only is it very dangerous but it'll just make you chuck up everywhere. i drank once on the atkins diet and learnt my lesson the hard way when i threw up all in my hair....in front of everyone lol not a good look! ;) hope you have a good time anyway x

haha did ya score that night lol?think im goin to give it a miss,just found the thread,dont like scary stories,but wat will i do in italy?ah drama lol

hey jenny I can completely relate to your dilemma. My cousin is having a big party on Sunday for his birthday and there is going to so much food there which means temptation. I would suggest that if you can bring a sachet with you when you are at the bbq and have it when everyone else is eating that way you dont feel too left out and also keep drinking the water. Everytime you feel tempted, take a sip of the water and resist it! I know the first time I was out celebrating I had to keep walking in and out of the rooms because I was getting tempted to take some salad or naughty things! If I can do you hun so can you xxx
thanks hon
im goin to be so jealous of them all with their penoit gregio,ahggggggggg and imagine all the fab smells of chicken and fish oh holy god,its defo gonna be mission to stay away,hope theres kids i could start a water fight to distract me,oh oh or maybe it might rain,imagine livin in ireland and wishin for rain to save my belly lol

haha did ya score that night lol?think im goin to give it a miss,just found the thread,dont like scary stories,but wat will i do in italy?ah drama lol
funnily enough NO :D when are you going to italy you lucky devil? x

funnily enough NO :D when are you going to italy you lucky devil? x

im heading off may 27th,cant wait,but was planing on having 2 shakes a day,then evening meal of salag/veg /chicken/fish and WIne:banghead:
and now im not sure wat to do it wont be a proper italian holiday if i cant drink wine,:cry:
do u think it would make a difference,if i did that for maybe 3 days and on the fourth day introduced sinore vino?:D:party0051:

oooo how exciting! :D well they say to drink alcohol you need to be completely out of ketosis, so chicken/fish and veg will keep you in ketosis and prob wont do ya diet too much harm...but that means you wont be able to drink...so if you do wanna have the odd tipple you need to be eatin a bit of carbs before hand to take you out of ketosis, just be careful how many though cos you dont wanna undo too much of the hard work you've done and weight loss :) i may not be the best person to give advice though cos my thinkin is...as long as you get STRAIGHT back on it after your hols then go and fully enjoy yaself lol

oooo how exciting! :D well they say to drink alcohol you need to be completely out of ketosis, so chicken/fish and veg will keep you in ketosis and prob wont do ya diet too much harm...but that means you wont be able to drink...so if you do wanna have the odd tipple you need to be eatin a bit of carbs before hand to take you out of ketosis, just be careful how many though cos you dont wanna undo too much of the hard work you've done and weight loss :) i may not be the best person to give advice though cos my thinkin is...as long as you get STRAIGHT back on it after your hols then go and fully enjoy yaself lol
oh no i dont wanna eat carbs evil evil:mad:
might just try 1 glass and see how i am the next day,and double it the following night,i dont want it to be too hard to restart because i might be starting a new job when i get back from my hols,and dont wanna be a devil ***** to the poor children:eek:

'carbs evil evil'
lol like it! alcohol will take you out of ketosis too i think. are you a teacher then?

Hi girls i copied the sticky on drinking alcohol for you ..

DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL IF YOU ARE KETOTIC!
Alcohol is a powerful inhibitor of gluconeogenesis. In fact, it forces part of the gluconeogenic metabolic process into reverse. This means that if all the glucose in the blood is being derived from gluconeogenesis then the consumption of alcohol will inevitably cause the blood glucose level to fall. Worse still, the alcohol also stops ketone body production, thus leaving the brain entirely without fuel.
A person who is ketotic is 100% reliant on gluconeogenesis to maintain adequate levels of glucose in the blood. If, under these circumstances alcohol is taken, the person will become disorientated and might lose consciousness, not just from the alcohol, but from low blood sugar. Needless to say, this could be very dangerous, and even fatal.
Alcohol does not have these effects if the glycogen stores in the liver are normal. Under these circumstances the blood glucose level in the blood is maintained by the breakdown of liver glycogen, a process that is not influenced by alcohol. If a person becomes confused under these circumstances it is due simply to the pharmacological effects of the alcohol

Back