Weekend away advice

figster

Hi, I'm on day 10 of S&S and so far enjoying it with good results.

I have a problem though - I've got a city break away this weekend with friends. Should I be a bore and choose small low carb meals when eating out, avoiding alcohol, cakes, desserts .. or .. do I enjoy myself (without overdoing it) and get back on to it Monday ?

Has anyone had this situation and what did you do? What repercussions?

Small low carb meals are the way to go. Getting back on track after eating what you like causes most people a big problem:)

Thanks. No, I don't want to struggle next week. My brain says to stick to low carb food but I think watching others eating what they want will be a challenge! I'm going to pack a couple of bars and stick to the plan....

every weekend I struggle, sometimes I stick to the low carb and sometimes add in extra stuff like cheese or beef.
the other weekend I ate all sorts and I feel rubbish for it now! and set back my weight losses.
I think its good to practice enjoying yourself but not going over the top with food and drinks as when you reach your goal weight, you wont be able to do it or you'll be gaining it back in no time!
sorry to sound like a bore, I am constantly practicing better eating and working on stopping myself from desiring food that is not good for me nor will keep me at my goal weight (or let me get there!) so take this as a chance to practice! and if you eat things you wished you hadnt, really think about how you feel, did it really taste that good, was it really worth it? would you do it again? and dont forget to praise yourself for any big or little victories you have.

Back