Weekend away all sugestions wanted!

shell09

Silver Member
Hi guys

Hope I'm not forgotten already I Been doing sw for a few weeks then was knocked side ways when my partner decided he was moving out n kinda haven't been about!

I'm not sticking to plan but lost a bit of weight signed off work with stress etc so not all bad!

Anyway it's all very long and messy but me n my partner are still seeing each other but not living together. I am hoping for a weekend away this w. End with him

He has the recent freedom of a passport and wants to put it to use. We wanted to go Paris but eurostar is so expensive like over £300 for the two of us

What I'm asking for is ideas where we could go last minute just for the weekend outside the country on a tight budget this us another opportunity for me to try n win him back so c'mon people please help!

Michelle

Prague is stunning. We got a cheap deal at the golden wheel hotel via expedia and it was stunning.

If you steer clear of the bars located around the central squares you can get some great deals on food and drink.

Its a Pound a pint in some bars :D

Just one of many ideas you will probably get.

Barcelona does it everytime for me.

Look on the internet for cheap flights and hotels. It isn't that cheap when you get here though.

A good place to look is www.lastminute.com

Bump

Eurostar is not so expensive if you can book ahead, but like most rail journeys it gets very pricey if you are arranging it last-minute.

I agree with fillymum - websites like lasminute.com are very good for spur of the moment holidays.

Tried those but it's coming in at over £400 that's too much for us!

Not sure where you live but can you not get a ferry somewhere, we are in newcastle and can get to amsterdam or calais to France etc by foot.

Cheap and cheerful.

Barcelona does it everytime for me.

Look on the internet for cheap flights and hotels. It isn't that cheap when you get here though.

A good place to look is www.lastminute.com

Definitely Barcelona! Absolutely beautiful and you might find a good weekend break bargain.
Rome is also fantastic, however I felt is was more expensive there that in Barcelona.
I made some good grabs in the past on www.travelsupermarket.com
Alternatively, how about going on a short cruise to Belgium? P & O Ferries from Hull to Zeebrugge - Brugge and Gent are lovely.
Jill x

Last edited:
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I really don't think the 'cheap weekends abroad' really exist anymore - with taxes and fuel charges on all transport, the once cheap flights really do add up to be an expensive trip! I know you say OH wants to use his passport but there really are some beautiful parts of the UK to explore... xxx

Rome is a beautiful city to break up permanantly:(

If the relationship doesn't survive, you'll "Always have Rome"

Rome is a beautiful city to break up permanantly:(

If the relationship doesn't survive, you'll "Always have Rome"

Oh dear Maximus, that was an ominous post.. xxx

We r making up permanently! Lol il check out eBay I quite literally want done cheap flights to France or Amsterdam or anywhere really n we could just book in somewhere when we r there but flights are coming at £300 for 2 of us so no go there.

I live in London by the way I thought of ferry by foot but don't know how that would be any cheaper as I need to get to the port :)

How about Ireland?

Flights are probably going to be the costliest part. Try skyscanner.com. You can enter the airport you want to fly from and the dates and see what locations come up the cheapest? Worth a shot.

Amy

Last minute isnt always the best route to take. What i would do is be flexible on dates if you can, jump on to Easyjet/flybe/ryanair websites and search on your destination and pick the cheapest outbound/inbound flight you can manage.

Or try skyscanner which can do a lot of the work for you.

Also worth thinking about hostels for your accomodation - most offer private doubles and they can be cheaper than hotels/B&Bs - plus you get kitchen space to prepare your own food for a couple of meals which can save you cash. Try www.hostelworld.com

But if last minute is your thing, try the high street travel agents, if you arent fussed about where you go you can pick up some real bargains.

Or you can try signing up to some discount sites - "travelzoo" are always sending me details of cheap deals. I'm going away this weekend to the New Forest - 2 nights B&B + evening meal on the first night + complimentary bottle of wine + chocs for £58.95 per person -saving about £70 each. That's not a last minute thing though, and sometimes the dates are restricted, but worth a look.

Have you looked at Eurotunnel?
You can get that quite reasonably priced. That's if you want to drive of course.
The world (well, France for a weekend) is your oyster. I love it.

How about Ireland?

Flights are probably going to be the costliest part. Try skyscanner.com. You can enter the airport you want to fly from and the dates and see what locations come up the cheapest? Worth a shot.

Amy

I love Dublin. It is a fabulous city and so much to do. Templebar is the place to stay if you can find somewhee cheap enough.

Depending on how you feel about Ryan Air they have some great offers.........

Fares don't incl optional Fees/Charges (Click here)
Booking Period:Tue 22 Mar 11 - Thu 24 Mar 11
Travel Period:Mon 4 Apr 11 - Tue 31 May 11
Applicable Days:Mon - Thurs (Subject to availability) Offer Advance Purchase:Travel from 04 Apr 11
HOTELS in Dublin CARS in Dublin HOSTELS in Dublin B&B's in Dublin
£ Cheap Flights from London-Gatwick

Fares don't incl optional Fees/Charges (Click here)
9.98Shannon 15.99Cork 15.99Dublin 15.99Stockholm Skavsta 16.99Kaunas 18.99Oslo (Rygge) 20.99Alicante 20.99Girona (Barcelona) 20.99Madrid 20.99Rome (Ciampino) 20.99Seville 33.99Bologna 33.99Milan (Bergamo) 45.99Faro 45.99Porto

Going Out From London-Gatwick - Dublin

« Previous WeekNext Week »Fri, 1 Apr 11
from
20.99 GBPSat, 2 Apr 11
from
20.99 GBPSun, 3 Apr 11
from
31.99 GBPMon, 4 Apr 11
from
15.99 GBPTue, 5 Apr 11
from
15.99 GBPWed, 6 Apr 11
from
12.00 GBPThu, 7 Apr 11
from
15.99 GBPSelect A Flight
Going Out
No Taxes
Depart:
London-Gatwick 17:30
Arrive:
Dublin 18:45
2xAdult31.98GBP
Fare: 31.98GBPOnline Check-In: 12.00GBPTaxes / Fees: 0.00GBP» Taxes and Fees0.00GBPTotal Price: 43.98GBP

No TaxesAdult
31.99 GBP
Mon4 Apr 11
FlightFR 11309:40 Depart
11:05 Arrive
No TaxesAdult
31.99 GBP
Mon4 Apr 11
FlightFR 11513:25 Depart
14:50 Arrive
No TaxesAdult
22.99 GBP
Mon4 Apr 11
FlightFR 112515:20 Depart
16:40 Arrive
No TaxesAdult
15.99 GBP
Mon4 Apr 11
FlightFR 11717:30 Depart
18:45 Arrive
No TaxesAdult
22.99 GBP
Only 3 seats left at this fare
Mon4 Apr 11
FlightFR 11921:00 Depart
22:20 Arrive

Coming Back From Dublin - London-Gatwick

« Previous WeekNext Week »Mon, 4 Apr 11
from
15.99 GBPTue, 5 Apr 11
from
15.99 GBPWed, 6 Apr 11
from
12.00 GBPThu, 7 Apr 11
from
12.00 GBPFri, 8 Apr 11
from
15.99 GBPSat, 9 Apr 11
from
12.00 GBPSun, 10 Apr 11
from
12.00 GBPSelect A Flight
Coming Back
Free Online Check in
Depart:
Dublin 07:40
Arrive:
London-Gatwick 09:10
2xAdult24.00GBP
Fare: 24.00GBPOnline Check-In: 0.00GBPTaxes / Fees: 0.00GBP» Taxes and Fees0.00GBPTotal Price: 24.00GBP

Free Online Check inAdult
12.00 GBP
Thu7 Apr 11
FlightFR 11207:40 Depart
09:10 Arrive
Free Online Check inAdult
12.00 GBP
Thu7 Apr 11
FlightFR 11411:30 Depart
13:00 Arrive
No TaxesAdult
15.99 GBP
Thu7 Apr 11
FlightFR 11615:40 Depart
17:05 Arrive
No TaxesAdult
15.99 GBP
Thu7 Apr 11
FlightFR 11819:15 Depart
20:35 Arrive

Total
67.98 GBP

Optional charges such as administration and checked baggage fees are not included.
Click here for details

Fare Rules[X]

All travel is offered in accordance with Ryanair General Conditions of Carriage for Passengers and Baggage.
All passengers must check-in online and bring their printed boarding passes to the airport.
Flight dates, times, routes and passenger names are changeable subject to applicable charges - please see Terms and Conditions of Travel for details.
All fares, airport taxes/fees and charges are non-refundable. On unused tickets - the only refundable element is the Government Tax, which is subject to a reasonable administration fee.

New Search

Have you looked at Eurotunnel?
You can get that quite reasonably priced. That's if you want to drive of course.
The world (well, France for a weekend) is your oyster. I love it.

Not just France - if you don't mind driving Bruges is just an hour on the motorway from Calais/Bolougne. I highly recommend these apartments:
De Drie Koningen » Apartments

Bruges is lovely - you won't need a car one you're there. Lots of meandering streets, lovely places to eat, canals - very romantic. ;)

Not just France - if you don't mind driving Bruges is just an hour on the motorway from Calais/Bolougne. I highly recommend these apartments:
De Drie Koningen » Apartments

Bruges is lovely - you won't need a car one you're there. Lots of meandering streets, lovely places to eat, canals - very romantic. ;)

Thanks for the link we are looking to go to Bruges this year I haven't been since about 1976/77 and have been looking forward to going back for years.

Back