Weekend disasters!

Blonn-de

Really am struggling with the weekends and S/W, I just cant seem to stay focused.. Sat and Sunday are my downfall, I pick and eat loads of crap and then try be good but I just feel Im letting myself down and I cant loose the weight, Im only in SW since Sept but have only lost 2 pounds in that time between going up and down every week! Anyone else have this problem and if so how do u manage!!! I dont drink every weekend maybe only once a month so I know its the chocolate and crisps espec bad when I go to someones house!!! HELP!

The one thing I knew would impact my losses when I started SW was having a few drinks and a chinese/chippy and sweets at the weekend. So I decided to totally commit myself to the cause and stopped going out for a while. I only go out rarely now, and try my hardest to stick within my syns. I save some every day and use them on whatever night I want to go out.

Sometimes, just asking yourself how serious you really are helps inspire you. I like to imagine myself walking into my local this time next year and nobody recognising me haha. Whatever works!

If you really can't stay away from the naughty stuff, try to save a good chunk of your syns for the weekend and have one treat evening. But make sure you stick within the syns you've saved.

I agree - loosing weight is mind thing.
You have to be TOTALLY determined to eat the right things.
Maybe you need to think of the reasons why you want to loose weight and at weekend focus on those!
That said, why not plan your weekends so you can have a few treats - do you prefer sweet or savoury? - lots of ideas on here!

Great advice thanks, really being honest, I dont even want chocolate half the time, when I eat it I think, ah its only small sure I wont put on weight with this little bit, but all those little bits add up to one big bit! Plus with the dark evenings now here I dont even feel like going walking, I just want to close the door and watch the tv! I really want to lose even half a stone before xmas and thats what im trying to focus on.. its so hard thou!!!

If you don't feel ike going out at night (i can't its not safe round me!) could you go to a local zumba class or do something at home.
As for food - make some sw comfort food - cheese & onion pie etc
That way, comfort & you will loose weight.

Ooo that sounds nice! ye I think I just need to really get organized and make some food and soups that I could have when feeling peckish! Do u have the recipe for that pie? sounds yummy on a day like today!! how do u manage with chocolate and treats what do you have?

Hi there.im in the exact same boat as u.i have a few drinks at the wknd&lose the run of myself .i have my weigh in later&i just no im up.im a picker .mite try that cheese &onion pie.does anyone have the receipe ???

4oz Potatoes
4oz Onion
4oz Leek
handful of peas
1 garlic clove
sprinkle of tyhme
2 eggs beaten
85ml vegetable stock
84g reduced fat chedder

Boil potatoes and mash up, set aside and spray large frying pan with frylight and fry onions, leeks & peas for 6-8 mins.

Add the mash, garlic, thyme, eggs, stock and half the cheese, mix altogether and put in ovenproof dish and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top and bake for 20 mins on 200 oc.

sounds yum! gonna make it tonight!!

aw Im with you there, its just one of those days :(my belly is all swollen from all the crap I ate at the weekend.. really u need to be prepared for slimming world lots of cooking involved something that I dont always have time to do :(

I used to be like that.....now my downfall is the wine. We plan a 'nice' meal for Saturday night that takes more effort to make, is slimming world friendly, but seems like a real treat. Have you got sw cookbooks? Loads of ideas in those. We had curry a couple of weeks ago, cottage pie with roast potatoes this weekend, pasta carbonara next weekend. You've then got syns free for alcohol.

As for chocolate: I tend to have treat size bars in the freezer (mars and milky way at the minute). They're only around 4 syns each. Or how about making scan bran ferrero rocher? 1 syn each. I also like the boots shapers things. The mint choc bar is yummy and 4 syns. The crisps are good too. The prawn cocktail ar 3.5 syns.

How about getting some body magic in during the weekends too. Go out for a walk? Wash the car? Clean the house? Gym? Swimming? Stick a cd on and dance like a fool?

Plan ahead as well. If you know you will go over syns during the weekend then maybe stick to a few less during the week, but don't go without. I very rarely hit 15 during the week so know I'm ok to go over slightly by having the extra glass of wine.

To be successful in sw as in every other healthy weightloss plan you need to have your head in the right place. Until you're there mentally you're gonna keep giving in. Make a list of the reasons to lose weight and the reasons to overindulge. See which one 'wins'. Also, set yourself mini targets (even more than every half stone) so you're never further than a couple of weeks away from the next target. Reward yourself as well. Promise yourself if you reach the next stone, for example, you will get yourself a new necklace or magazine or anything that is not food related. I'm putting money aside every month at the moment so that when I reach my target weight I'll have money to go clothes shopping and I'm soooooo looking forward to that day :)

I hope this helps and I'm sorry it's turned slightly into an essay :) xx

Hi Blonn-de.
I used to be exactly the same, I could stick to plan 100% during the week but as soon as the weekend hit I was out of control!

I think 2 things have helped me this time, 1- I have my weigh in on a monday which has helped enormously as I know if I'm bad at the weekend theres no time to sort it out! And 2- Its all about the mindset. You HAVE to be ready to totally change your eating habits, to make the right decisions and to WANT to make the right decisions. Its tough saying no... but its so worth it :)

And you'll find tonnes of support on here- when I'm at work and feeling like I want to eat something bad, I log onto here and have a browse, and maybe look at some before/after photos for motiviation haha! It helps.
Stick with it, I'm sure you'll be fine.

I know the feeling hun, we all go through times where we struggle.

I always tell myself I'm going to be really really good at the start of the week (Tuesday for me), and it goes great until Friday comes around lol!

So this weekend consisted of:
- Going out on Friday night (Too many Vodka Blackcurrant Lemonades/Jagerbombs/Shots)
- Chinese Takeaway (albeit it was only 5 Syns - Beef in Black Bean Sauce with Noodles) and 3 bottles of Stella Cidre on Saturday night
- At a Christening all day/night yesterday (again too many Too many Vodka Blackcurrant Lemonades/Jagerbombs/Shots/etc, etc, etc..)

I'm really frustrated that I keep doing this to myself every weekend, but I'm determined not to let it carry on into the rest of the week. I am 100% back on plan today, drinking lots of water and going to have a few hours on the Nintendo Wii tonight as I have Weigh In tomorrow afternoon.

So far I've been lucky enough to lose or maintain each week. A gain is something which I do not want, so I really need to rein this in.

We all have times where we struggle, but the main thing is to get back on plan as soon as you can to limit the damage xx

Some great advice thanks a mil! I really find comin on here a great help and finding out what other people do to survive the hard times! As I said Im only newish to SW I did great the first 2 weeks but then went downhill.. halloween I put on pound and half.. tried this week and wi is tomorro so hopefully I will lose something. Do u all find drinking water helps? I dont drink enuf and really wud love to get into it! cant wait to make this cheese and onion pie tonight!!!!

Ill b dying 2 c wot u make of the pie.will u let us no tommoro???then i mite give it a bash.there is great support on this.im quite new 2 slimming world 2..im getting alot of great receipes&ideas off this.weigh in 2nite & i no im gonna b up.but hopefully it'll give me a gud kick up the a#*e!!!!!

The great thing about SW is that it encourages you to eat.
Think long term / lifestyle eating and not a diet
You get you treats.
I love Wispa's - 10.5 syns and hits the choc spot
HEX's - Aldi 70 cal cereal / Caramel Hi Fi bars / Alpen light - you get 2 bars per HEX B and def hits the sugar spot.
give yourself a few wk and you will wonder why you not done this b4 x

Hi there, just wanted to say DON'T give up!!!! I've found that its much easier when you limit your naughty days/ nights...... It's something to look forward to and it helps you to be more controlled, I know how hard it is to stay motivated but the feeling of getting through a weekend knowing you've stuck at it is sooooo worth it!!!! It really is about what you want from this??? Body magic/ any exercise is a great way to try and counteract any extra syns you might have had!!! Remember nothing tastes as good as how being the weight you want feels!!!!! :) Xxxxxx

yep will defo let u know how the pic goes im dying to make it, have no leeks so gonna use peppers and mushrooms instead!!! yum yum so hungry at the thoughts of it!!!

I know the feeling hun, we all go through times where we struggle.

I always tell myself I'm going to be really really good at the start of the week (Tuesday for me), and it goes great until Friday comes around lol!

So this weekend consisted of:
- Going out on Friday night (Too many Vodka Blackcurrant Lemonades/Jagerbombs/Shots)
- Chinese Takeaway (albeit it was only 5 Syns - Beef in Black Bean Sauce with Noodles) and 3 bottles of Stella Cidre on Saturday night
- At a Christening all day/night yesterday (again too many Too many Vodka Blackcurrant Lemonades/Jagerbombs/Shots/etc, etc, etc..)

I'm really frustrated that I keep doing this to myself every weekend, but I'm determined not to let it carry on into the rest of the week. I am 100% back on plan today, drinking lots of water and going to have a few hours on the Nintendo Wii tonight as I have Weigh In tomorrow afternoon.

So far I've been lucky enough to lose or maintain each week. A gain is something which I do not want, so I really need to rein this in.

We all have times where we struggle, but the main thing is to get back on plan as soon as you can to limit the damage xx
You and I are exactly the same Stevie:sigh: - right down to the Tuesday weigh in

Water: I drink sugarfree squash. I try and have a pint (of squash that is) with every meal. By doing that I'm not far off 2 litres. I also take a glass up to bed with me or have a bottle of water by the side of my bed. I try and drink at other times as well, such as a glass of water before starting work, on my break, etc. It definately helps with weight loss, it stops you from retaining water. You do become best friends with the toilet though!!!xx

Back