Weekend weakness and wobbles

Harrigoose

Hi there,

I am just wondering how other SWders get through the weekend wobbles, I am really good all week but come Friday evening and Saturday i struggle to keep motivated. I like to have a drink so try to save my Syns (on the day) for a tipple or two, however as far as main meals go, i'm finding it harder, eating out etc.

Any tips would be most welcome.

K xx

I weigh in on a weds, so usually even my weekends syns out from Sunday - weds, but was told that i should be having my syns daily and flexi synning the indulgent days, which if it was a one off now and then fine but it's my weekend chill.

I know planning and having a fridge full of free goodies is the key, just looking for other inspiration from experience.

Yeah I find it tough too, I used to always save all my syns during the week for a weekend meal and lots of wine....this weekend however, I am doing daily syns, it's new to me and very strange but I'll give it a go and see if I like it :) Only advice I can give is preparation really, chop lots of melon up, have some ready to go snacks made and try to limit the alcohol.....easier said than done though! What I find is that if you can get through the weekend, you feel really proud come Monday :) xx

Yeah i think so,

I like to have soups, curries and chillies available in the fridge/freezer but live on these all week for lunches etc, so saturdays the routine changes and i find what i think i'm gonna eat for dinner usually dictates what day i'm having. I don't live in the UK so when i eat out it's not always easy to ask what sauces, dressing etc come on the food. I always have a good scan of the menu and go for the obvious lower calorie options, but i guess i am just feeling a tad guilty, because i have decided this time i am gonna do it and am in the "zone"

Everything in moderation and planning is the answer me thinks!

My weigh in time in Monday morning. That tends to focus the mind a little more over the weekend!!

But on a serious note - which part of the weekend causes the most trouble? Being at home and snacking? Eating out? Drinking out? Drinking at home? Wanting more indulgent meals? If you let us know which of these it is that you are struggling with we can give you some more targetted tips and strategies.

Thanks Atomic,

It's mainly eating out and drinking, Friday usually means a bottle of wine (sometimes two) with Hubby, I like dry wine, so thats less sins, and if i only buy the 1 then i have no excuse to get the 2nd open! (Can't be doing with spritzers) And Saturday usually means a trip to town, and a meal out or a take away (with a drink). My spirit of choice is Barcardi, so at 4 Syns with DCoke, i can have a few of those. Snacks are fine, i take fruit, water and/or Heb B cereal bar with me, so am ok there. The biggest problem is when it's going to be a long night out, meal etc, it usually ends up being a blow out.

I just think i would have better losses if i was a bit more organised at weekends.

Hey Harrigoose, it looks like you are having good losses even with this so far so maybe its just a case of accepting your losses might be a little bit slower over time but this diet has to fit around your lifestyle and if that involves going out at the weekend then so be it.

You could try saving syns for the weekend throughout the week but I reckon that might leave you feeling quite deprived and likely to fall off the wagon. Maybe saving the syns for the bottle of wine on the friday and flexi synning the saturday night? That way you have set yourself a limit and are still in control of your choices.

Good luck!

Choose Chinese over Indian when eating out - less syns usually. If you do choose Indian, tell the waiter you are allergic to dairy and ask them not to cook your food in Gee - they honestly don't mind.
Ask for gravies etc on the side (they'll give you a little boat and you'll prob only use half)

Read the menu and choose what you want before you even get to the restaurant and then don't read the menu when you get there.

Try not to starve yourself because you are going out for dinner.. have lunch as normal and what ever snacks you like, to stop you ordering crazy food (chips for me)

Share a dessert.. don't deprive yourself if you want one, but try get someone to share with you

Back