Weekly meal ideas

wow the idea of planning ahead is great i have just joined slimming world and am due to go back to uni in just over a week. i think i'll have to get planning or the family will be looking like jacket potatos and salad lol

Planning, i think is a huge key to this diet. Knowing what your having in advance, what groups or syns you have left to use. And it takes away the standing in front of fridge saying what shall i have for dinner! And ending up with crap cos your hungry. I find if i know what i'm having and Can just get on with cooking it i can manage to wait for it, And having all the right food in the house helps. I have to plan, there are 3 separate food variables to account for. Hubby and i on sw, i am veggie, he eats meat. My friend who lives with us is desperatly trying to gain weight, eats meat and is quite fussy. So i try to have the same meal for all of us, but done 3 ways!

wow thanks honey, what a huuuuge list already! I think I must try switching to red days using quorn.

Not sure what the benefit of having quorn on a red day will do?? why not just use it on a GREEN day?? surely the point of having a RED day is to eat meat?

That's true, but I will have some meat and some quorn as I feel it's quicker to cook quorn or grab ready to eat. I don't like many meat items anyway, and find quorn easier to chew with a denture: tmi??? ha ha!! I think I need to change to red to reduce my carbs substantially as have only lost 4 lb in 6 weeks on green.

Hi Honey,

I am trying to be really organised - I'm in the middle of a cook-a- thon for the week (slow cooked chinese beef, roasted lemon chicken, vegetable tagine type thing, chicken curry, taka dahl).

Would you mind posting the recipe for the warm lentil salad? You mentioned it on your first weeks menus.

thank you! :)

Warm Lentil Salad
Serves 4 Free ( 6syns or HEB for bacon - or as i am veggie leave bacon out!)

312g puy lentils ( i didnt have those so used lentilles verdie ( green ones) )
1 red onion - sliced
312g cherry tomatoes - halved
2 carrots - diced
2 celery sticks - diced
fry light
parsley - chopped
5Tbsp at free vinagarette
salt and pepper
4 eggs
350g bacon - diced
1-2 tbsp Quark

1) Place lentils in a pan of boiling water and bring to boil, simmer for 25-30 mins until tender, drain and keep warm
2) soften in pan with fry light onion, carrot, celery and tomatoes.
3) add lentils to this mixture
4) remove from heat and stir in parsley and dressing
5) at the same time poach the eggs in boiling water and grill bacon until crispy.
6) divide the lentil mix between 4 bowls and place poached egg on each one and scatter over bacn and dot Quark around.

Blimey is it Sunday again.............
This weeks delights :)

Monday
L - Homemade broccoli and blue cheese soup ( LC blue cheese square 1.5syns) and bread HEB
D - Aloo Gobi - never had it last week FREE
P - Fruit and Meringue nest 3syns

Tuesday
L - cup a pasta, crisps (4 syns) Alpen bars x 2 (HEB), yogurth, fruit (am out all day today)
D - acket potato and beans and cheese (HEA)
P - French toast and apple - 3 syns

Wednesday
L - cup a pasta, crisps (4 syns) Alpen bars x 2 (HEB), yogurth, fruit (am out all day today)
D- *honey special...lol ( recipe to follow) HEA for cheese
P - Rice pudding - 3 syns

Thursday
L- Spaghetti carbonara HEA for cheese
D- Stew with potato dumplings Quorn for me/chicken for hubby
P -

Friday
L - Quorn Ham, egg and chips
D- Spaghetti and quorn meatballs HEA cheese
P - Jelly and WW ice cream - 3 syns

Saturday
L- Soup and Bread- HEB
D - Rosti Pizza and chips
P -

Sunday
L- All day SW breakfast
D- Lentil roast and veggies
P

Still have a couple of puds to sort out, but fruit and meringue if all else fails

*Honey special
Is basically soften a onion then add Quorn mince or mince beef with a can of Tesco hot and spicy mixed beans a little water and season ( you can add anything you like in it - i just made it up as i went along the first time! ) put this cooked mix in a oven dish and then top with thinly cut potatoes ( skin on) and top with your HEA cheese - i'd use 28g full fat as it melts better than low fat stuff. cook at 180c til potatoes cooked through and cheese brown ( cover if its getting to brown and potatoes not cooked)

*honey, i love your meal plans !! I am getting some great ideas for my weeks meals. Could you possibly share your recipe for Aloo Gobi, Macaroni Quiche and Potato dumplings ? Thanks xx

Thanks

Aloo Gobi serves 4 FREE on green/EE

2 onions - chopped
2tsp garlic granules
2tsp ground ginger
2tbsp mild curry powder
500g potatoes, peeled and chopped into bite sized pieces
300g cauliflower florettes
1 red pepper - cut into bite sized pieces
300g frozen peas
500ml passata
200ml water
1tsp sweetner

1) soften onions in fry light, add garlic granules, ginger, curry powder and fry for 1 min
2) add potaotes, cauliflower, red pepper and peas and fry for 1 min.
3) stir in passata and water and sweetner and bring to boil. cover and simmer for 15 - 20 mins until veg is tender stirring occasionlly.
serve with rice

Maccaroni Quiche - whole quiche 5 1/2

1 tub Low fat cottage cheese
1 can macaroni cheese ( now 5 1/2syns a can! - used to be free!!)
2 eggs
seasoning

mix everything together and place in baking dish and cook at 180c for 30 mins ish

Potato dumplings - Havent tried these before, new this week so no idea if they taste any good!

serves 4
600g potatoes, peeled, boiled and mashed
1 egg

mix mash and egg and then shape into dumplings and then add to stew as normal dumplings

Thanks *honey, I am going to try the Aloo Gobi tomorrow night !

This Weeks delights :)

Monday
L - Frittata and wedges
D - Curry and rice
P - Apple and cherry crisp ( from SW one pot wonders)

Tuesday
L - Quorn ham, egg and chips
D - Chunky Minestrone
P - fruit and meringue

Wednesday
L - Corn Chowder
D - Burger and wedges
P - Poached pears

Thursday
L - Sausage, beans and mash
D - Lentil and rice caserole
P - jellly and ice cream

Friday
L - Jacket potato, beans and cheese
D - Pasta carbonara
p - Rice pudding

Saturday
L - Potato, pepper and mushroom hash
D - Lasagne
P - french toast

Sunday
L - Packed lunch
D - Quorn ham ( Gammon) egg and chips
P - Fruit and meringue

10 outa 10 for your planning and organisational skills.....I admire you!!

I am not one for planning/organising........that goes for anything in my life, not just meals!!! Lol

Personally for me, I like to think of what I fancy in the morning or during the day and then make it for that evening. I couldn't possibly think about what I am going to eat next Thursday for instance...I mean, suppose you just don't fancy that menu plan on that day.....changing it could throw all your he A's or B's or syns! Lol

We are all different and what works for one doesn't work for others......having said that, some of you recipes look amazing. I'm loving the look of that rosti pizza! Will definitely be giving that one a go at some point! thanks

10 outa 10 for your planning and organisational skills.....I admire you!!

I am not one for planning/organising........that goes for anything in my life, not just meals!!! Lol

Personally for me, I like to think of what I fancy in the morning or during the day and then make it for that evening. I couldn't possibly think about what I am going to eat next Thursday for instance...I mean, suppose you just don't fancy that menu plan on that day.....changing it could throw all your he A's or B's or syns! Lol

We are all different and what works for one doesn't work for others......having said that, some of you recipes look amazing. I'm loving the look of that rosti pizza! Will definitely be giving that one a go at some point! thanks

I only shop on a Monday, so if i have not got a plan for the week i wont have all the right ingredients in for the week. I love all food, there has never been a day where i haven't fancied what was on the list All the meals i choose are meals i know we all like with a few new recipes thrown in. I also work late 3 nights a week, so the meals for those nights are meals i can prepare at lunch and then just re heat when i get back.

As soon as there isn't a plan, i'll not have enough ingredients in the house and i'll struggle to find anything to make.
I couldn't live with out the PLAN......lol

( i do have OCD list writing...lol.... you should have seen me planning my wedding :rotfl:

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't shop daily!!! gosh, if only I had the time to do that!!! I work shifts too, but I guess I always have enough food in to decide what I fancy that day and 9 times out of 10, I'll have the ingredients in.
I love people that write lists!! My Sis in law writes them all the time....she is permanently attached to a reporters note pad and pen lol I have tried in the past to write lists of things to do etc but somehow, I'm just not made that way.....infact, just recently, we have been decorating our dining room and I keep meaning to write a list of all the odds and sods that we need to complete it but so far the list is still in my head ( which probably explains why we we get back from B and Q, we have to go out again because I have forgotten something!!) lol, could say I'm ditzy, but I get by lol

Back