Weekly weigh-in

Well done hun, that's fantastic! x :D

The scales at Boots had a large 'Out of Order' sign sellotaped onto it. I asked an assistant when it might be fixed. She shrugged and said 'Possibly next week'.

Do they not know just how important my weekly weigh-in is?!

Anyway, went to Morrissons, hoping the scales there would not be too out of kilter and discovered ... 5lbs lost! :scale:

Four and a half stone down ... only eleven to go. Hey ho.

I'm going away this week - to my brother's wedding in a fortress on an island off the coast of Finland. It should be chilly but fun. Wish me luck for my healthy eating!

Congrats on another great loss. Well done. :)

Have a wonderful time away. x x :D

Returned from Suomi (Finland) on Tuesday, but fingers have only just thawed out enough to type.

Half a metre of snow - my nephew was in heaven!

Food-wise ... it went okay. I tried to enjoy myself but not go mad. I confess to a slice of reindeer meat :109: (sorry, Rudolph, but 'when in Rome'!) I weighed myself today and I have gained 2 lbs. I'm not beating myself up about it, because I think a lot of it is water retention or replenished glycogen stores.

The difficulty now is heaving myself back on the waggon and getting back in the zone. Any tips would be gratefully received!

I hope everyone is well and happy - it sounds like it was as cold here as in Lapland! :gen125:

Returned from Suomi (Finland) on Tuesday, but fingers have only just thawed out enough to type.

Half a metre of snow - my nephew was in heaven!

Food-wise ... it went okay. I tried to enjoy myself but not go mad. I confess to a slice of reindeer meat :109: (sorry, Rudolph, but 'when in Rome'!) I weighed myself today and I have gained 2 lbs. I'm not beating myself up about it, because I think a lot of it is water retention or replenished glycogen stores.

The difficulty now is heaving myself back on the waggon and getting back in the zone. Any tips would be gratefully received!

I hope everyone is well and happy - it sounds like it was as cold here as in Lapland! :gen125:
Sounds like you had a wonderful time. What does Reindeer taste like anyway? I suppose its just about brushing off any gain(and 2lb will go no bother) and just getting on with it again. Will take a couple of days, kinda like going back to work after a few days off, but once you're back in the swing of it you'll get back into the zone. We got snow forecast for tomorrow which I am dreading I work in the middle of no where and the thought of being snowed in there doesn't bear thinking about!!

Thanks, Janey. Cross fingers that you'll wake up snowed in and be unable to get to work instead! I remember living on the North Yorkshire moors as a child and being unable to get to school - so had to go sledging instead. Shame.

PS. Reindeer is just like venison - yummy!

Last edited:
:smiley1842:I have lost 8 lbs over the last two weeks (with a holiday in the middle) ...

... making a total loss of 5 stones 1lb!

It also drops me into the 200lbs! :smiley1842:

Woo-hoo!

:bliss:

Wow! What a fantastic loss! Amazing.

Thanks for your responses last week everyone. I've been a bit of a lurker this week - just couldn't rouse myself enough to interact with anyone properly.

I've decided to change my weigh-in day to mondays - battling the weekend Christmas traffic to get to the supermarket is not fun.

Love and luck to everyone :gen126:

Only 2lb gone this week. Ah, well :sigh:
I have been visited by Eve's curse, which probably explains it.

Roll on next week! :scale:

Hey, 2lb is 2lbs, I think your doing great. Keep it up.

Back