Weekly weigh-in

That's fantastic hun, well done. x :D

cool, that really well done, time for more B&A soon then Ro

:thankyou: Thank you, Janey, that's really sweet of you!

Sadly I have another 9st 6lbs to go, so you'll be at target before me :)

Last edited:
Before and After Ro. :D

Not for a long while yet, Jim

You don't want any progress pic's then Ro,

When I get the chance I'm going to put all my annual pictures in a series so you can see how the weight came off.

:woohoo:

4lbs lost this week so ...

6 stones gone!

Wow.

:wow: That's amazing hun, well done. What a great achievement. x :wow:

:talk017:

Well done on the 4lb loss and super well done on reaching the 6 stone marker Ro! Brilliant. It won't be long before you're at your target the rate you're going!!!

~Silence~

Lost 2lbs this week which is OK, I guess.

But I was annoyed by something else that happened today. I hate going to see my GP (any GP) No matter what I go to him for, he always seems to connect it to my weight.

Today I mentioned migraines, which I've had since I was 18, but in the last year they've become much more frequent. He 'hmmed' and 'hahed' over my medical notes and then announced that I had to have blood tests for diabetes and hypothyroidism.

I am completely asymptomatic so I am only being told to have this blood test because of my weight.

It angers me because I didn't go to him for those reasons. Not every smoker is asked to go for a chest x-ray to check for emphysema or lung cancer, so why should I, who is exhibiting absolutely no symptoms have to put myself through a blood test that:
i) is an inconvenience
ii) will hurt and
iii) will be triggering for me (a chronic self-harmer)?

I know I could simply refuse the test, but all things being equal, in a couple of years I am going to be asking for an abdominoplasty referral, and need to keep my relationship with the surgery sweet.

It's true that weight discrimination is the last acceptable '-ism'.

- A p*ssed off Sarah

Well done on the 2lb loss hun!

I know what you mean about GPs. The last time I went was because I'd hurt my neck and I didn't know how, but I was in so much pain I couldn't move my head! After poking my neck for a couple of minutes the Dr asked me to get on the scales. I wouldn't mind but it wasn't even at the surgery where I'm registered... I got an emergency appointment cos I was in so much pain! I think he was playing "guess how much the fat girl weighs" or something... it sure didn't have anything to do with my neck... that's for sure.

~Silence~

Lost 2lbs this week which is OK, I guess.

2lbs is good Ro, I lost a steady 2lbs a week for 3 years, slow and steady loss is best.

I never had that problem with the Dr, I suspect that's because I'm a bloke though.

Well done on the loss! :) Agree with Jim slow and steady all the way(though I know I do get a bit impatient at times) I've been quite lucky with my GP he's actually one of the better ones. But you read stuff like that over and over again on the site. 2009!! too. Come some of you GP's out there get with the real world.

the doc used to weigh me every time i went, whether it be for a cold or cystitis. they haven't been doing that more recently, and i got bigger, and then smaller in that time, but i'm thinking it may have become more frowned upon.

You know my Dr never mentioned me going on a diet, even when on my annual MOT and I weighed 25+ stone, he'd just note the weight and leave it at that. He only got concerned when I said I was going on Atkins. I soon proved him wrong.

Back