Weekly weigh in

Yippee...............6lbs gone. I know it was a short week, but my regular weigh ins are going to be on Saturdays. Ordered my next 2 weeks of Exante, so will try to stay on track. Still 100% amazingly, as I don't usually have such good will power. I know I'm going to have some blips. 4th & 5th May away with family so will just be careful and then my daughter's 21st on 17th May. Now you can see why I weigh on Saturdays LOL

:talk017:

Yippee...............6lbs gone. I know it was a short week, but my regular weigh ins are going to be on Saturdays. Ordered my next 2 weeks of Exante, so will try to stay on track. Still 100% amazingly, as I don't usually have such good will power. I know I'm going to have some blips. 4th & 5th May away with family so will just be careful and then my daughter's 21st on 17th May. Now you can see why I weigh on Saturdays LOL

:talk017:

Wow, that's amazing! Well done, Naturalblue! :)

Keep going! :D

Hi,

I just started today so will keep you updated...I usually weigh every day so I'll add it up and tell you next Saturday lol. I don't get hung up about the fluctuations its just habit.

Finding the shakes/bars/soups not that bad. Haven't done anything like this since slimfast in the early 90's so will see how it goes. Have lost 85lbs since giving birth in September just eating healthily and exercising but its slowed right down thought I'd boost it. Did atkins for 2 weeks and lost 10lbs and then thought I'd try this and see if it goes quicker.

Thanks

Hi Bumblemum. Well done on your weight loss so far. You have done really well already and I am sure Exante will help you boost the weight loss again.

Good luck with it!

Another 2lbs off for me this week. 15lbs to go on target 2.

I am going to increase my exercise this week to try to keep things moving along nicely.

Another 2lbs off for me this week. 15lbs to go on target 2.

I am going to increase my exercise this week to try to keep things moving along nicely.

Wow Sarah! You're doing really well! :D

I feel like I am in limbo at the moment. But today is going well actually....I'm hoping to have 4 good days before I weigh in on Friday!

Keep up the good work! :)

Hi Sarah.......fingers crossed for your next target,:happy096: you've done so well and you are my inspiration, even though I've just started, it's great to see someone else a lot further down the road. A health visitor I share an office with has lost 3 stone since Jan on LL and that's what finally made me decide to really lose the weight

Thanks NaturalBlue and Lisa.

I think I must have missed your loss NB when you posted it so HUGE well done on 6lbs gone. Great start.

It's nice to know I am inspiring others. Like you, I was also inspired by a friend of mine losing lots of LL. But I didn't fancy going to LL because of the whole "counselling" bit, so Exante was perfect for me. It's a LOT cheaper as well and less additives and nasty stuff, so better all round I think.

Like everyone else, I have tried so many different diets over the years and have done ok on some, but always put it back on. This time it's going forever! I am so determined. And being a consultant will also help to keep me on the straight and narrow.

I hope you are successful as me NB and everyone else!

Hi Sarah........Like you the cost of LL put me off. Being part of a family of 5... it really wasn't an option. I just googled VLCD and found Exante and this forum. The rest as they say is history. I did find Sat a little difficult.....no chinese take away and no wine, but I'm proud that I didn't waver and hopefull next Sat wil be a little easier.

Yes Saturdays are the hardest for most people. Once you get over the first one, it's much easier. Just try to keep yourself busy.

I've lost another 2lbs in just over a week. :) I'm taking a leaf out of Sarah's book and going to increase the exercise. I'm doing the race for life in a couple of months so that should get me motivated. I normally end up walking most of it, but this year I am going to try and run it all.

I am settling into the routine of the working solution now, and apart from one incident with a bar of chocolate ( :ashamed0005: ), I think I am doing ok. I just need to make myself keep drinking water to stop me thinking I’m hungry!

Tamz xx

Well done Tamz. The more exercise the better I find.

And the water does help too.

Hey,

I lost a little over 6 lbs this week. But to be honest there are way too many carbs in these products to be be in ketosis and not be hungry so I was a grumpy mean B!*&%. I basically have given the bars to my husband and have split up the shakes that has helped. I also starting juddd in the middle as I was so hungry. Once I fixed my ketosis I was able to eat just 400 cals on the down day (half a shake breakfast and the other for lunch then the soup) and a low carb up day full of fat and meat.

This week I will continue the juddd thing and having just the shakes and soups- which are quite nice considering they are diet food. I drop a few tabs of splenda in the shakes and a handful of ice and add hot sauce to the soups-yummo.

Thats my take on it- I don't mind tweaking things here and there but I wont be buying anymore as I can eat actual food and/or over the counter meal replacements for cheaper. Good Luck to everyone.

Well done on the weight loss Bumblemum, sorry it's not the diet for you. I think eveyone is different. At present I'm managing well, just taking it week to week, just setting myself small goals. Good luck on the new diet

:happy036: can't believe I lost another 6 pounds!!! I was expecting around 4 as that seems to be the average for a second week's weight loss. Very happy to carry on......will still drool over OH chinese tonight though. :clap:

:happy036: can't believe I lost another 6 pounds!!! I was expecting around 4 as that seems to be the average for a second week's weight loss. Very happy to carry on......will still drool over OH chinese tonight though. :clap:

That's amazing NB! :D

Are you doing Total Solution? How have you found it?

I have to admit...I found TS difficult so switched to WS.

Have a good weekend ;)

Well done bumblemum and Naturalblue on your losses. Fantastic!

Hey,

I lost a little over 6 lbs this week. But to be honest there are way too many carbs in these products to be be in ketosis and not be hungry so I was a grumpy mean B!*&%. I basically have given the bars to my husband and have split up the shakes that has helped. I also starting juddd in the middle as I was so hungry. Once I fixed my ketosis I was able to eat just 400 cals on the down day (half a shake breakfast and the other for lunch then the soup) and a low carb up day full of fat and meat.

This week I will continue the juddd thing and having just the shakes and soups- which are quite nice considering they are diet food. I drop a few tabs of splenda in the shakes and a handful of ice and add hot sauce to the soups-yummo.

Thats my take on it- I don't mind tweaking things here and there but I wont be buying anymore as I can eat actual food and/or over the counter meal replacements for cheaper. Good Luck to everyone.

I am very sorry to hear that you are not getting on well with the diet Naturalblue. It does worry me that you are doing 400 cal days. A diet under 450 cals puts your body into starvation mode and is not a healthy way to lose weight. I would urge you to go back to the plan and have 3 products per day.

On the level of carbs, they have been designed to have the right level of carbs for ketosis to occur. They contain everything a body needs to maintain health. Once in ketosis it takes a few day (or a week or so for some people) to settle into it and then hunger in naturally surpressed.

I did the total solution and am now on the working solution and have 3 products a day PLUS a 15g net carb meal and I have remained in ketosis the whole time and after the first week, haven't been hungry. I have used bars all the way through the programme and have been doing it for 15 weeks. Having lost nearly 4 1/2 stones now, I really can reassure you that it's a great programme and really does show results, but it's not for everyone and maybe isn't the diet solution for you.

I wish you the very best with whichever diet programme you choose for the future.

I'm really glad you posted this sarah as i was getting really worried having read bumblemum's post that there were too many carbs to be in ketosis and lose weight. I had fleeting anxiety that i would continue to feel hungry and headachey for the duration of the diet.
I must confess to being a total carb amatuer, i couldn't tell you the carb content difference between a chunk of chicken and a loaf of bread, so the whole carb thing baffles me. Could u give me a brief low down of how many carbs you need to enter ketosis and how many the packs contain?
You know first hand that Exante products do send you into ketosis if followed correctly and that gives me peace of mind so thank you.

Don't worry dreamingmaid, the solutions are fine and you will be in ketosis. :D I wouldn't get hung up on the carb contents as the level of calories you are having will also have an impact on ketosis. I would just be rest assured that you will lose weight and the hunger will pass. Incidently my combination of packs has about 45g of carbs and I then have a 15g meal, so that puts me up near 60g of net carbs and I remain in ketosis. I have 1000 cals per day. If you were following a low carb diet, they would say 20g of net carbs max a day, but you would be getting lots of cal by way of fat. So it's all quite complicated to describe on a forum.

On the headaches, are you drinking your water? I did find I had headaches and felt rough for a good week, but I was an absoloute carb junky, so I think I had a long detox. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions that you want to ask but don't want to post.

Also I would add that if I had been hungry on the products, there is NO way I would still be doing it 15 weeks on. I used to eat loads every day and hunger would have made me give up.

You should come out of the worst of the detox this week. Good luck. ;)

Back