Weigh in, how often?

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by Billy Lo, 31 July 2011 Social URL.

1. Billy Lo

Billy Lo Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Target Slim VLCD
    Is it odd for me to just not want to know what my losses are? I have dieted before & found that I haven't lost as much as I'd hoped and it has lead to comfort eating-from total disappointment. I'm due to be weighed on Monday but although I know i've lost by the way my clothes feel i'm thinking of asking the pharmacy to keep it to themselves. Will they do this? I really don't want to fall off the wagon but I know one bad result will cause me to,im thinking of maybe monthly weigh in's instead?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. natelege1980

natelege1980 New Member

I know what u mean, that happens to me too! But even on a bad day try and keep going :) I find that when i stop dieting and eating what I like, I feel worse and it's harder to get back into it xxx keep going and weigh yourself once a month in the morning if that helps xx :) xxx

4. girlsbig98

girlsbig98 Silver Member

Diet:
    Slim & Save 4 Per Day VLCD
    a months a long time to stay motivated without being weighed but its what works for you, I get weighed every monday as it keeps me on track, but if I was struggling or had a bad week I wouldnt rule out not getting weighed and leave it till the week after x

5. BordersGirl

BordersGirl Feeling great in 2012!

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    6st4lb(36.07%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    I'm an every day weigher personally :). I like to see the weight drop down day by day (or sometimes not!). I lost 3lbs this week and I think I would have been disappointed if I only weighed myself once a week. Because I weigh myself every day I knew I wasn't in for a big loss this week (week 2) so I was sort of prepared for the scales to only record 3lbs. Down another 0.5lb today though (from yesterday's WI) so onwards and downwards :)

6. CherrySummer

CherrySummer Silver Member

Start Weight:
    9st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Im a daily weigher just can't help it!

7. Val123

Val123 Silver Member

Diet:
    AAW8
    I jump on the scales every morning too, because it keeps me on track, though my official weigh in is a monday morning. I have great scales, really sensitive ones, and there isn't a morning where I haven't lost weight, even if it is just 1/4 of a pound, but knowing that it's coming off like that is a great motivator.

Val x

8. CherrySummer

CherrySummer Silver Member

Start Weight:
    9st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yes i agree it keeps me on track too!! i have the ww scales i think if it wasn't for them i would have put all the weight back on!!

9. butter_on_toast

butter_on_toast Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(7.14%)
    Diet:
    Xenical ~ low fat,
    I weigh myself daily but only record it weekly that way I can monitor changes easier x

10. Lauratheloop

Lauratheloop Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(23.61%)
    Diet:
    Non Specific
    I weigh daily but track weekly

My biggest point is our bodies don't know wen we weigh so I could step on scales on Monday official WI for instance and have lost 2lbs but then I could step on Tuesday and be showing another 1/2 lbs loss point is we know it's weigh in day but our body doesn't

I like to keep focused on how my body fluctuates and what I do that contributes to this....

xx

11. stitcherjenny

stitcherjenny Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(17.55%)
    Diet:
    slim & save
    I'm going to try and weigh once a week, but it's so tempting to hop on every day!

12. Lots2lose36

Lots2lose36 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(19.07%)
    I officially weigh once a week but now and then do a mid week check if I remember

13. frannie

frannie Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(12.73%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    I weigh in daily but only track weekly. There's not really any hard or fast rule, so do what works for you and keeps you focused. I always think that the waistband on our clothes is a pretty good guide on whether we are losing or gaining weight. Mine certainly felt a lot tighter after Christmas!

14. chicken on a mission

chicken on a mission Restarting to lose 4stone

Diet:
    LighterLife then CD
    I vary between weighing daily, trying not to weigh 5 times a day, and not wanting to know at all. All normal for me depending on where I am in my weight loss journey.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.