• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Weigh in, how often?

S: 13st7lb C: 13st7lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 34.6 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Is it odd for me to just not want to know what my losses are? I have dieted before & found that I haven't lost as much as I'd hoped and it has lead to comfort eating-from total disappointment. I'm due to be weighed on Monday but although I know i've lost by the way my clothes feel i'm thinking of asking the pharmacy to keep it to themselves. Will they do this? I really don't want to fall off the wagon but I know one bad result will cause me to,im thinking of maybe monthly weigh in's instead?

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
I know what u mean, that happens to me too! But even on a bad day try and keep going :) I find that when i stop dieting and eating what I like, I feel worse and it's harder to get back into it xxx keep going and weigh yourself once a month in the morning if that helps xx :) xxx

a months a long time to stay motivated without being weighed but its what works for you, I get weighed every monday as it keeps me on track, but if I was struggling or had a bad week I wouldnt rule out not getting weighed and leave it till the week after x

BordersGirl

Feeling great in 2012!
S: 17st6lb C: 11st2lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 26 Loss: 6st4lb(36.07%)
I'm an every day weigher personally :). I like to see the weight drop down day by day (or sometimes not!). I lost 3lbs this week and I think I would have been disappointed if I only weighed myself once a week. Because I weigh myself every day I knew I wasn't in for a big loss this week (week 2) so I was sort of prepared for the scales to only record 3lbs. Down another 0.5lb today though (from yesterday's WI) so onwards and downwards :)

S: 9st6.5lb C: 9st6.5lb G: 8st7lb BMI: 25 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Im a daily weigher just can't help it!

Val123

Silver Member
I jump on the scales every morning too, because it keeps me on track, though my official weigh in is a monday morning. I have great scales, really sensitive ones, and there isn't a morning where I haven't lost weight, even if it is just 1/4 of a pound, but knowing that it's coming off like that is a great motivator.

Val x

S: 9st6.5lb C: 9st6.5lb G: 8st7lb BMI: 25 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Yes i agree it keeps me on track too!! i have the ww scales i think if it wasn't for them i would have put all the weight back on!!

S: 14st0lb C: 13st0lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 36.8 Loss: 1st0lb(7.14%)
I weigh myself daily but only record it weekly that way I can monitor changes easier x

S: 16st9lb C: 12st10lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 29.6 Loss: 3st13lb(23.61%)
I weigh daily but track weekly

My biggest point is our bodies don't know wen we weigh so I could step on scales on Monday official WI for instance and have lost 2lbs but then I could step on Tuesday and be showing another 1/2 lbs loss point is we know it's weigh in day but our body doesn't

I like to keep focused on how my body fluctuates and what I do that contributes to this....

xx

S: 13st6lb C: 11st1lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 23.6 Loss: 2st5lb(17.55%)
I'm going to try and weigh once a week, but it's so tempting to hop on every day!

S: 15st5lb C: 12st6lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 25.7 Loss: 2st13lb(19.07%)
I officially weigh once a week but now and then do a mid week check if I remember

frannie

S: 11st11lb C: 10st4lb G: 9st4lb BMI: 25.5 Loss: 1st7lb(12.73%)
I weigh in daily but only track weekly. There's not really any hard or fast rule, so do what works for you and keeps you focused. I always think that the waistband on our clothes is a pretty good guide on whether we are losing or gaining weight. Mine certainly felt a lot tighter after Christmas!

chicken on a mission

Restarting to lose 4stone
I vary between weighing daily, trying not to weigh 5 times a day, and not wanting to know at all. All normal for me depending on where I am in my weight loss journey.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
WW Weekly weigh ins 0
Exante 7
Exante 5
Calorie Counting 11
LL Maintenance 4