Weigh Ins...?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Starlit_Cazza, 21 September 2008 Social URL.

1. Starlit_Cazza

Starlit_Cazza Restart 3/9/2013

Start Weight:
    24st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(26.67%)
    Diet:
    CAMBRIDGE
    How often?

Am thinking about changing to fortnightly weigh ins rather than weekly, as I feel disappointed when I don't get a big loss one week, but tend to get a good one the next week. Figured if I go fortnightly my losses will seem better on the whole?

What do people think? What are the pro's and cons of weekly and fortnightly weigh ins?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Interesting idea. A lot of people need the push of weighing weekly to help keep them on track - I have had clients who have admitted in the past that knowing they aren't seeing me means they 'slip' a little, knowing they have an extra week to make a big push.

Tis horses for courses I guess - the weekly weigh in gives me something to aim for, and it's nice to see even just a little drop :)

4. Big Bird

Big Bird Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi BB my CDC is away so i am not due to see her till the 4th October.Must admit already worried,2 weeks seems a long way away.Also i have the bad habit of getting on the my own scales every morning, and if they dont move i get very down.Think that i will try not to weigh till next sat at home which would have been my usually WI day.At least it may help me break this daily problem i have of weighing myself. Looking 4ward to reading what overs think.

5. Camilla

Camilla Silver Member

I personally couldn't have done this diet without my weekly weigh in to look forward it!!! x

6. buffydog

buffydog Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    cd / ss
    I`m having a fortnightly wi, as my cdc is a 2hour round trip.
    But it doesn`t matter to me as i`m a daily weigher anyway.
    Dont know how people manage to not weigh themselves at home........

7. wizzbang

wizzbang Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Me too Camilla, I like to visit 'my lady' make sure everything is going to plan, have a natter, see if I have lost inches as well as weight. Get new supplies. A grand day out lol.
    I dont think you should change it Bish. Its working great for you as it is, look at your fab weight loss. Hang in there, you'll feel better when you get over last weeks terrible news.
    Lynne x

8. lillypop

lillypop now got pictures in album

Start Weight:
    23st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I guess for me I like to have them once a week as it keeps me on the straight and narrow and I look forward to them

9. susan70

susan70 Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    when my cdc come back off his jollies I will be haveing fortnightly wi's.

10. Bunnyg

Bunnyg Determined

I was having them monthly due to the distance my CDC is away from me. I like doing it this way as she can notice the difference a lot more that way. Also, when you go weekly, if you have one week where you lose less than you like, it can be a little demotivating, whereas when you go monthly, it all averages out and it's always pleasing having the whole month amount. Definitely think everyone is different and what works for one won't work for the other, but it's probably worth giving it a try? x

11. Fizzy

Fizzy Silver Member

I find weekly WI's help me stay on track. Have only been a couple of times in the last month or so due to holidays/work comitments and its just not the same.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.