Weigh not weight

I really wasn't looking to offend. You've all taken it as a personal attack, when all I was doing was pointing out a common mistake. I'm the last to be nasty to people with learning difficulties and I wasn't pointing it at dyslexics. I have Bipolar Disorder and Aspergers Syndrome, my sister and father have the same two conditions. I get things wrong, I wasn't trying to be mean...

sheepy19 said:
I really wasn't looking to offend. You've all taken it as a personal attack, when all I was doing was pointing out a common mistake. I'm the last to be nasty to people with learning difficulties and I wasn't pointing it at dyslexics. I have Bipolar Disorder and Aspergers Syndrome, my sister and father have the same two conditions. I get things wrong, I wasn't trying to be mean...

Aww don't take it to heart, honestly in the right frame of reference people could find offence in the weather forecast! You pointed something out and some took offence, I'll admit I didn't and as far as I could see it wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, so no malice inferred.

Don't worry about it sheepy you didn't say anything offensive in my eyes, these little spats always crop up on all forums.

sheepy19 said:

Don't worry hun. You didn't do anything wrong at all x

There are those of us who think these things matter, and those who don't, and there is unlikely to be any agreement on it.

I find some posts on this and other forums unreadable - any hint of "textspeak" scrambles my ancient brain! - so I don't read them. But I really don't suppose anyone else cares whether I read them or not!

my post back on page one was meant to be light hearted and not offend you, you certainly didn't offend me:D

I really can't spell and am guilty of all the errors that annoy everybody. I was actually making fun of myself. The problem with the written word is that you can't get the normal nonverbel clues that you can in face to face communication.

please don't worry you are entitled to your opinion :D

AnnaFaraday said:
There are those of us who think these things matter, and those who don't, and there is unlikely to be any agreement on it.

I find some posts on this and other forums unreadable - any hint of "textspeak" scrambles my ancient brain! - so I don't read them. But I really don't suppose anyone else cares whether I read them or not!

Hi Anna - haven't seen you on here for a few weeks. Hope you're okay.
Its not your ancient brain - i'm 32 & am supposed to understand it all but don't!!

The post was just a little blunt but people tend to get offended when you appear to personally criticise them (spelling apparently is quite personal).

However, this thread has provided me with much needed entertainment in the dark hours before work, and I think milk nearly shot out of my nose at one point.

Oh, and TBH it's hard not offend someone on a forum without putting in many caveats (IMHO, YBH, Just my Opinion, etc...).I could say all cats smell funny and watch the argument ensue.

Plus no-one was forced to comment on this, if it offended you that much go read the dictionary and come back and wow us all with your vocabulary, grammar and spelling skills. That would've made your point better than childish "don't be so mean!" comments.

End of morning rant.

xx

Stackhead said:
The post was just a little blunt but people tend to get offended when you appear to personally criticise them (spelling apparently is quite personal).

However, this thread has provided me with much needed entertainment in the dark hours before work, and I think milk nearly shot out of my nose at one point.

Oh, and TBH it's hard not offend someone on a forum without putting in many caveats (IMHO, YBH, Just my Opinion, etc...).I could say all cats smell funny and watch the argument ensue.

Plus no-one was forced to comment on this, if it offended you that much go read the dictionary and come back and wow us all with your vocabulary, grammar and spelling skills. That would've made your point better than childish "don't be so mean!" comments.

End of morning rant.

xx

Stackhead - you've made my morning.

Cats do smell funny by the way - but not as funny as babies who just smell weird :)

kingleds said:
Stackhead - you've made my morning.

Cats do smell funny by the way - but not as funny as babies who just smell weird :)

And mine! Yeah I agree cats smell of old ladies!

Cats smell of joy and bliss obviously :) especially my oli and bella!!

Attachments

• image-3310018075.jpg
    image-3310018075.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 70
Spelling mistakes don't really annoy me but 'text speak' bugs the absolute hell out of me, I don't even read the posts that contain it, text speak makes people look thick and about 10 years of age!!....actually my 9 year old wouldn't use it and i'd kill him if he did!

Spelling mistakes don't really annoy me but 'text speak' bugs the absolute hell out of me, I don't even read the posts that contain it, text speak makes people look thick and about 10 years of age!!....actually my 9 year old wouldn't use it and i'd kill him if he did!

Yeah, I really dislike when "PPL tlk lyk dis" too, but like you I simply don't bother reading it.

If I remember rightly, the terms and conditions of this sight that you agree to when you register say that text speak is not allowed. i too just ignore posts that have a lot of it although I'm guilty of using the occasional lol.

Mine is the fact that I use my iPhone to go on here, which seems to change a lot of words automatically and I type so quick and forget to read back before I send. Sometimes I get very funny sentences but it makes sense lol

Back