Weigh not weight

I can't say that spelling errors bother me at all - it mainly due to typos & predictive text anyway. But slang speak does confuse me, and also a lack of punctuation. Its hard emough trying to read tiny writing on a iphone without it being basically a stream of consciousness.

Last edited:
kingleds said:
I can't say that spelling errors bother me at all - it mainly due to typos & predictive text anyway. But slang speak does confuse me, and also a lack of punctuation. Its hard emough trying to read tiny writing on a iphone without it being basically a stream of consciousness.

I get 'told off' by my friends because my texts are in English and with punctuation - they reckon that texts are electronic shorthand ...I do use one or two, mainly lol

I'm with you on that debridger, my DH texts are sometimes difficult to interpret because of his dyslexia, bless him x

Debridger said:
I get 'told off' by my friends because my texts are in English and with punctuation - they reckon that texts are electronic shorthand ...I do use one or two, mainly lol

I've had to increase my contract to include unlimited texts as the way I write them properly with punctuation means I send three at once!!

The spelling things niggles me but I look on it as an opportunity to grow tolerance!

I think some people need to get a life if all that bothers them is people spelling things wrong. The focus on here is losing the weight and supporting each other. it is a hard enough journey to make without worrying about the grammer we use being checked for mistakes.

without worrying about the grammer we use being checked for mistakes.

Oh the irony.....sorry couldn't resist!! :D xx

I think this thread is a little unsensitive - there may be people using the forum that are dyslexic or suffer from learning difficulties which effects their spelling ability.

We are not at school, we are on a social networking forum. Perhaps you should think about what you say before you say it, just a word of advice.

I think this thread is a little unsensitive - there may be people using the forum that are dyslexic or suffer from learning difficulties which effects their spelling ability.

We are not at school, we are on a social networking forum. Perhaps you should think about what you say before you say it, just a word of advice.

Glad someone else agrees, I have learning difficulties and work with people that have as well. This thread is insenstive towards this and I have reported it.
The ability to spell does not make you a better person!

I think some people need to get a life if all that bothers them is people spelling things wrong. The focus on here is losing the weight and supporting each other. it is a hard enough journey to make without worrying about the grammer we use being checked for mistakes.

Hmm the irony of someone posting that there are better things to do than post on a thread.....

Its just opinion, its nothing more than that. Don't get your knickers in a twist.

I also don't believe that the original poster was intent on upsetting anyone with dyslexia, merely pointing out (albeit in maybe a slightly blunt way) that sometimes its a good idea to proof your posts before pressing the send button. I know its advice I should take occassionally due to my awful typing :D.

kingleds said:
Hmm the irony of someone posting that there are better things to do than post on a thread.....

Its just opinion, its nothing more than that. Don't get your knickers in a twist.

I also don't believe that the original poster was intent on upsetting anyone with dyslexia, merely pointing out (albeit in maybe a slightly blunt way) that sometimes its a good idea to proof your posts before pressing the send button. I know its advice I should take occassionally due to my awful typing :D.

The voice of reason x

It is a hard call.

I almost failed english at school and look at me today...:whistle: It causes me issues at times when I program, words like length(usually I spell it lenght), weight, weigh, height and recipe.

You see english professional criticize normal people because they do something in a certain way, but then when an established writer does the same thing its... UH! OMG! Thats amazing! Brilliant!

You just can't win.

Also people write on MiniMins from different devices, be it phones, tablets, laptops. All of these devices tend to have poor hand positions or auto dictionaries with a mind of their own.

I understand it can be frustrating, but people are not doing it on purpose :)

Yet again Kingsled you misunderstand the point I am making!!!!!!!!!! My point was that we should be supporting each other and not picking up on someones faults.

Yet again Kingsled you misunderstand the point I am making!!!!!!!!!! My point was that we should be supporting each other and not picking up on someones faults.

I believe Kingleds' post was all in good nature, and that she too agrees we should be supporting each other. She is always so light hearted and supportive, and I think you may have got the wrong end of the stick.

The thread has been taking too far, and has irked many people. I don't agree with the thread, but I also do not agree with the tension it is causing.

I think we aught to forget about this thread, move on and remember the real reason we are visiting Minimins..

I find the argument 'there are better things to do than to post on a thread' ironic and actually facetious, yes there are better things to do but as we are all posting on the same thread it's a pointless remark!

I find the argument 'there are better things to do than to post on a thread' ironic and actually facetious, yes there are better things to do but as we are all posting on the same thread it's a pointless remark!
:9529:

Oh - a new simile for me to use when someone annoys me. excellent;)

Princess Stevie - I agree this has all caused far too much tension and is not the reason we are on here. I was really just trying to lighten the mood a little and make it all a little less serious

On that note Zilla - Most spelling errors, whether due to fat thumbs, bad typing or learning difficulties are really not a problem, but please can you at least get my Avatar name right? Its KingLEDS not KindSLEDS. Thank you in advance

kingleds said:
Oh - a new simile for me to use when someone annoys me. excellent;)

Princess Stevie - I agree this has all caused far too much tension and is not the reason we are on here. I was really just trying to lighten the mood a little and make it all a little less serious

On that note Zilla - Most spelling errors, whether due to fat thumbs, bad typing or learning difficulties are really not a problem, but please can you at least get my Avatar name right? Its KingLEDS not KindSLEDS. Thank you in advance

Come on I can't look until 8 am tomorrow morning! All I get is 9529 argh! What is it? Should I be offended? I think I ought to be offended anyway as it's the day for it lol!

Back