Weigh not weight

sheepy19 said:
I've noticed a lot of people don't know the difference. So thought I'd just point it out :)

Weigh- is a verb, "I weigh" "To weigh in"
Weight- is a noun "what is your weight?"

To say "I weight" doesn't actually make any sense.

I think that there (their), (they're) are too (to), (two) many of these words LOL

It's so easy to mistype, though. The main one is 'lose' and 'loose' on a weight loss forum! But hey, this isn't school and we should be able to relax without worrying about the grammar police (and I speak as a Primary teacher ;))

lardylady said:
It's so easy to mistype, though. The main one is 'lose' and 'loose' on a weight loss forum! But hey, this isn't school and we should be able to relax without worrying about the grammar police (and I speak as a Primary teacher ;))

Hear here ;-)

The one that makes me want to pull my hair out is "lose" and "loose", very common on here lol.

hi my name is mandy and i can't spell !!

my spelling is atrocious i know this but as i am no longer at school i tend not to worry about it:D

if this forum was an official document i would spellcheck but its not its a leisure activity:D
strangely i find easy everyday words like their, weight and losses really hard.

i blame my education :D

Seriously, I think one of the reasons is the high usage of smartphones with predictive text, many times I write something that my phone decides is going to be something else!?!
Get some great sentences ;-)

Lol!! My problem is my fingers are too fat for my phone

I also struggle with spelling and really don't appreciate this thread. Honestly, why do you care if someone has spelled something wrong?
If it annoys you so much perhaps don't read that persons posts in the future.

hear hear clareel, whether is spoon thumbs, predictive text or dyslexia or just poor spelling its one of those things, sometimes makes for pretty interesting reading......

Spelling is not an issue reallu as long as you can read it. Im dyslexic and try really hard but sometimes i spell worda wrong and sometimes my fat thumbs do the job for me!

I think sometimes too you'll write one wrong and not even realised you've done it until after! I have a lot of patience when it comes to other peoples writing and spelling because my brother, my dad and my best friend are dyslexic and i know it really gets my bro down sometimes when people just assume he's stupid.
What does really really bugs me is stupid slang text writing.
Y do ppl feel t nd 2 writ like dis??
Grrrrrr

I find 'where' 'we're' and 'were' get misused a lot of the time too. I don't feel the need to correct people though. My spelling & grammar skills are rubbish so I'm a fine one to comment!

I don't feel the need to correct people either - yeah I see loose and lose all the time and I think mmmm, but seriously, not enough to start a thread about it. Put that annoyance you have into some boxing classes, keeps you fit and releases all that frustration lol :) xx

My pet hate is " of " and " off " and it's a typical mistake that happens on Facebook a lot .

Ohhhh- I had to double check you weren't my mum! She goes mental when she sees "of" and "off" the wrong way round....I gotta be honest, it's pretty amusing when she goes off on one :D

Me? It's "your" and "you're". :rolleyes:

I should ignore it- I'm dyslexic and my spelling and grammar can be pretty atrocious at times (depending on how tired and cranky I am) But I think it's just one of those things. I read it and puff my cheeks out as if I'm going to explode....Can't really help it...wish I was tolerant.... :mad:

But- I don't correct people....unless it's a friend of mine, then it's fair game :D

What does really really bugs me is stupid slang text writing.
Y do ppl feel t nd 2 writ like dis??
Grrrrrr

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh boy- don't even get me started on that!! I wouldn't just puff my cheeks out if someone wrote to me like that- I'd lob whatever item was closest to me at them! :8855:

But I'm guessing that if they wrote to me....they wouldn't be close enough for me to harm them....hmm....I don't tend to forget easy though.....lol

Back