weighing - how often?

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by grovergirl1, 19 August 2010 Social URL.

1. grovergirl1

grovergirl1 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Hi there,

Just wondering what everyone thinks on how often you should/do step on the scales?

The Dukan programme I'm on, they suggest daily, but I think that's a bit of a head wreck? Or is it necessary?

I'm thinking of trying to make it a weekly thing. Am inclined to let the scales rule my mood on a daily basis....

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Bananarama

Bananarama Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    The age old debate...Dukan is the only diet where you seem to be tol to weigh yourself every day! I do that anyway, and Ive only just started Dukan today! If it doesnt work for you then dont worry about it too much!

4. anjuschka

anjuschka Dukan Ancestor!!

Start Weight:
    76kg
    Current Weight:
    66.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    64kg
    Lost(%):
    9.7kg(12.77%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Dukan (Stabilized)
    Hiya,

yes in the book we're told to weigh every day, and I do / did, during attack it's very encouraging. After that I found that I would stick at some point for a few days before going down a pound or so. So I only recorded if it was a loss and ignored the rest. I don't usually share my curve but here it is:
    My Weight Chart:
    [​IMG]

the big gap at the beginning is where I started on 4 days attack without using a ticker and the second big gap is when I was on holiday in the last 2 weeks. But you can see how the trend seems to be in steps.

So yes I'm still doing daily, but I'm not beating myself up when it's a small gain, as it frequently is, despite no slip ups. In the end i'll always get a good loss after 4 or 5 days. When I get to the Consolidation I'll have to switch to weekly weighing I think, for the sake of staying sane!

5. Maintainer

Maintainer ** Chief WITCH **

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    Anja's summed it up perfectly... I'd definitely advise weekly weighing only in Conso, the morning AFTER PP (and NEVER after a treat meal!)... in Attack, there's loss each day usually (but obviously a lot of water...). Cruise is more up and down so if likely to affect your progress, no need for daily weighing.

Vicky motivates us on a Thursday, and lines us up and weighs us on a Friday here...

6. LVLLM

LVLLM Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Carb Cycling
    I weight myself 3 times a day Im insane!
    Its up to you - you can weigh daily or just wait till your official WI day!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.