• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

weighing - how often?

Hi there,

Just wondering what everyone thinks on how often you should/do step on the scales?

The Dukan programme I'm on, they suggest daily, but I think that's a bit of a head wreck? Or is it necessary?

I'm thinking of trying to make it a weekly thing. Am inclined to let the scales rule my mood on a daily basis....

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
The age old debate...Dukan is the only diet where you seem to be tol to weigh yourself every day! I do that anyway, and Ive only just started Dukan today! If it doesnt work for you then dont worry about it too much!

anjuschka

Dukan Ancestor!!
Hiya,

yes in the book we're told to weigh every day, and I do / did, during attack it's very encouraging. After that I found that I would stick at some point for a few days before going down a pound or so. So I only recorded if it was a loss and ignored the rest. I don't usually share my curve but here it is:
My Weight Chart:

the big gap at the beginning is where I started on 4 days attack without using a ticker and the second big gap is when I was on holiday in the last 2 weeks. But you can see how the trend seems to be in steps.

So yes I'm still doing daily, but I'm not beating myself up when it's a small gain, as it frequently is, despite no slip ups. In the end i'll always get a good loss after 4 or 5 days. When I get to the Consolidation I'll have to switch to weekly weighing I think, for the sake of staying sane!

Maintainer

** Chief WITCH **
Anja's summed it up perfectly... I'd definitely advise weekly weighing only in Conso, the morning AFTER PP (and NEVER after a treat meal!)... in Attack, there's loss each day usually (but obviously a lot of water...). Cruise is more up and down so if likely to affect your progress, no need for daily weighing.

Vicky motivates us on a Thursday, and lines us up and weighs us on a Friday here...

LVLLM

Gold Member
I weight myself 3 times a day Im insane!
Its up to you - you can weigh daily or just wait till your official WI day!