Weight been same for 10 days :(

duk4nette

Hi,

I hope someone can help. I started with 14kg to lose, did attack for 3 days and lost 1kg.
For the first 9 days of Cruise I continued to lose weight, but since then my weight has been the same (for the last 10 days).

This is what I eat:
B - Dukan bread with slice of 0% fat cheese (for my 2tbs oatbran)
S - Pot of fat/sugar free yogurt
L - 1/2 can of tuna with 1/2 tsp mustard
S - 1 grilled skinless chicken breast
D - Poached egg with a 10% fat turkey sausage and a slice of fat free cheese

On PV days I add fresh baby spinach and steamed veg (cauliflower and broccoli mostly) which I snack on throughtout the day.
I have a brisk 30 min walk daily.

This is what I've tried:
Upping exercise to 60 mins
Drinking more water (and less)
Cutting out the bread only for 2 days
Cutting out dairy only for the next 2 days
Cutting out eggs only for the next 2 days
Cutting out the sausage for the next 2 days
(So only cutting out one food at a time).

It is not that time of the month and I haven't cheated at all. Please help, I'm so close to giving up :(

Last edited:
I have also stayed at the same weight fir the past 14 days. I have not cheated and I've been eating adequate amounts of protein. I'm very disheartened. I had a really successful attack phase and first week of cruise I had a 800g loss or there abouts but since then I've lost nothing and in fact I've gained a couple hundred grams on some of the days.
What annoys me is that I've got 70lb to lose and I'm not getting very far.

What yoghurts are you eating, and what is the 0% cheese you are eating as I thought it wasn't available in the UK. (Are you in the UK?) Also 10% fat sausage is too fatty.

It also doesn't look to me as if you are eating enough protein. Please will you click on your user cp and fill in your stats so we can see where you're at and how much you have to lose and whether it is realistic please.

Thanks

I eat fat free and sugar free natural yogurt from carrefour (no flavoring or sweeteners) and I have one small pot a day. The fat free cheese I eat is from Kraft:
Calories in Kraft Singles Fat Free American Cheese Slices - Nutrition Facts & Other Nutritional Information | LIVESTRONG.COM

I remember reading in the book that any meat we eat can be up to 10% fat? And you're allowed a poultry sausage as a tolerated item anyway. So why would it not be allowed?

I'll update my stats right away, but I'm pretty sure they're realistic as they were given to me by the Dukan website :(

I'm not sure why my reply isn't posting? Anyway I said that I eat sugar free and fat free natural yogurt with no sweeteners or flavoring from Carrefour. I eat one 125g pot a day (47kcal, 6g protein, 3g carb, 0g fat per pot) plus what I put in the bread. The cheese I eat is Kraft fat free cheese slices (30Kcal, 5g protein, 2g carb and 0g fat per slice) I eat 2 slices a day. I remember reading in the book that meat items are ok up to 10% fat? And you're allowed 100g poultry sausage a day as a tolerated item. My turkey sausage weighs 75g and is 10% fat so I don't know why it wouldn't be allowed? In any case I cut it out for 2 days and still stayed at the same weight :( I've updated my stats, they were given to me by the website so I'm sure they're realistic.

Last edited:
I would try cutting out the cheese (I thought you must be in France or somewhere!) and sausage and eating more unprocessed protein - 1/1 a can of tuna, an egg, a sausage and 1 chicken breast isn't a lot. Are you having your oatbran?

I too didn't think fat free cheese was allowed. I thought he specifically mentioned it in the book. The same for the sausage. Perhaps two days without non allowed foods isn't long enough?

Just a thought, it may not be the problem but, have you tried changing the batteries in your scale or trying another scale?
Is your scale digital? It's so much easier seeing progress on a set of digital scales.
Just a thought. I know a few people on here have had a hard time with weight loss until they discovered they needed a new scale or batteries.

Yes I have 2 tablespoons of oatbran in my bread.
As for the sausage... it says on the website we're allowed 100g of poultry sausage a day! The website is more up to date than the book, they add allowed foods all the time.
Anyway thanks for your suggestions. I'll cut out the sausage and cheese for a longer amount of time. What I'm eating fills me up... should I force myself to eat more protein?

I've just had a thought... I've been eating the cheese and sausage the whole time on this diet and was losing in the beginning. If they were the culprit wouldn't I have not lost anything from the start, or is it possible for them to have a 'delayed effect' like this?

You can't force yourself to eat but you do look light on protein to me.

Could eggs be making you stall if you are having 2 per day (official site says 5 yolks per week) ?

Out of interest could you post what you eat in a day? Or is there somewhere on this forum where I can see what people are eating? Thanks :)

Yes I have 2 tablespoons of oatbran in my bread.
As for the sausage... it says on the website we're allowed 100g of poultry sausage a day! The website is more up to date than the book, they add allowed foods all the time.
Anyway thanks for your suggestions. I'll cut out the sausage and cheese for a longer amount of time. What I'm eating fills me up... should I force myself to eat more protein?

To be honest I would take what the website says with a pinch of salt (just one pinch or it could cause you to retain fluid :D)

They seem to change their minds over there every time the wind changes. And if one 'tolerated' food doesn't cause weight gain for one person doesn't mean to say it won't for another.

Just to be sure I'm not making any mistakes and slowing my weight loss down I stick exactly to what the book says. If it isn't on the list, it doesn't go in my mouth. It does reduce the variety of foods available, but also reduces the fretting about whether what I am eating is stopping me from losing.

It must be really demoralising to not be losing but I'm sure you can get to the bottom of why you are not. Don't give up hope - you have had loads of good advice and I'm sure some of the changes suggested will get things moving again.

You're right it could be the eggs... I'm getting 14 a week :-/ Never thought of that! I'll have just eggwhite in my bread from now on and a poached egg only 5 times a week. Thank you!

To be honest I would take what the website says with a pinch of salt (just one pinch or it could cause you to retain fluid :D)

They seem to change their minds over there every time the wind changes. And if one 'tolerated' food doesn't cause weight gain for one person doesn't mean to say it won't for another.

Just to be sure I'm not making any mistakes and slowing my weight loss down I stick exactly to what the book says. If it isn't on the list, it doesn't go in my mouth. It does reduce the variety of foods available, but also reduces the fretting about whether what I am eating is stopping me from losing.

It must be really demoralising to not be losing but I'm sure you can get to the bottom of why you are not. Don't give up hope - you have had loads of good advice and I'm sure some of the changes suggested will get things moving again.

Thank you wheesht, everything you've said makes perfect sense. I'll make these changes and report back in a week or so :)

Back