Weight gain "diet" - slightly OT i suppose :)

blue_grapefruit

Gold Member
My skinny OH is desperate to put on weight, anyone got any clues? He's got an immensly fast metabolism, has a BMI of 17 and although is quite muscular has NO fat on him at all.

I breathe and put on weight! Having spent a while looking for healthy ways to gain weight i'm getting desperate. Anyone got any thoughts for my poor skinny baby?

Thanks xxx

Hi hun

I think you can get stuff, similar to Cambridge that is used to help build people up - could this be an option?

Gxx

Tried it...
He put on 4lbs in a month and promptly lost it all in about 3 days :)

At least our kids will have a fighting chance of being thin eh?

Now this is confusing, holding two conversations with you at once, like a parallel universe!

If it's any consolation Steve was always really skinny, 10.7 when we got married but over the years has filled out, he is not overweight but at the top of the healthy range and looks better for it. The joys of being tall aye!

Gx

Now this is confusing, holding two conversations with you at once, like a parallel universe!
Gx

I could scare you and say "i'm not on MSN" but that would be a lie. Olis dad is average height, 60, and is mega healthy and slim.....Genetics eh?

All the internet tells me is that snacking is the key - suppose thats what got me fat in the first place!

SNAP, Steve's dad is so thin he is almost concave!

Steve snacks on chewy sweets and biscuits but his general diet is healthy. Are there any snacks Oli likes?

Gx

ME! lol xxx

Perfect, he can snack on you, you'll get thinner, he'll get fatter - I think you should go on Dragon's Den!

Gx

HAHAHA! ok, stick to MSN cos this is hurting my brain.

Anyone SENSIBLE with any thought, give me a nudge! Georgie is banned from this thread for FITTING INTO A SIZE 8 SKIRT AND NOT TELLING ANYONE ABOUT IT!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Anyone SENSIBLE with any thought, give me a nudge!

Nudge...nudge. Increase carbs (maybe in the evening?) and protein like nuts which are high in healthy fats, and protein but also high in calories.
Between meal snacks (though I guess he does that).

Best of all, get him to do some weight lifting. That'll help

No doubt he will fill out in time. My brother was like a twig until he hit 35, then he started growing outwards!

Thanks KD! Will pass on the advice.

Glad someone sensible stepped in then, twas a bit touch-and-go back there xxxx

Sensible, did someone say sensible.....nope I'm not understanding

Gx

Weights are useful - my fiance does weights 3/4 times a week. There's not an ounce of fat on him (makes me sick) but at 6foot is considered overweight as he weighs 13.5 - 14stone. Afterall, they tell us muscle weighs more than fat. He is generally very active too; goes swimming & running with me, plus going climbing at least once a week, all building muscle.

He eats A LOT! What he eats is very healthy but it's the quantities that astound me. He thinks nothing of eating massive amounts of carbs - potatoes/pasta/rice. If he's hungry he'll have a tin of tuna or snack on some nuts.

It's just so sickening how he loves being active and has to eat a lot to compensate, whereas i'm the other way around! Grrrrrr!

Oh you do make me chuckle BG.

That is my aim in life :)

GEORGIE GET OFF THIS THREAD!

Thanks pony, not only have you given me good tips there but made me insanely jealous of your OH. Is he ill? This "exercise" you mentioned sounds like an awful disease, he should see someone before it gets too bad. Does it present with a rash?

xxxx

The only way to gain weight is to eat more. Whether or not he exercises, and what exercise he does, will determine whether he gains muscle or fat.

Has he seen his doctor, or a nutritionist?

Doctor says he's natrually thin, and nutritionist is totally unrealistic!

She says that he has to eat 10 small high fat meals a day - who the hell has time for that? He's a full time student with a full time job. Also, we dont exactly have money to burn.

Just read something about adding powdered milk to everything to add calories, and eating avocados in salads along with sunflower seeds just to add some good fats.

Poor little thing he is! I think he feels worse about being skinny than i do about being fat. Personally i think he's perfect :)

The nutritionist is right - but as you say, who has time? That's why things like protein shakes exist - it's a lot easier than trying to eat ten times a day (I would usually say six, which is difficult enough to manage). You can make your own protein shakes really cheaply, though, and he could just swig them as and when. The suggestions you made in your last post are good, too, with the powdered milk, avocado and seeds.

oooh, you're good! Shall get him to read this when he gets home. Thanks!!

Thanks pony, not only have you given me good tips there but made me insanely jealous of your OH. Is he ill? This "exercise" you mentioned sounds like an awful disease, he should see someone before it gets too bad. Does it present with a rash?

xxxx

LoL, yes it's very odd isn't it!!

He wasn't like this when I met him, it's happened gradually over the last 5 or so years. I hope I've not driven him to it? :rolleyes:

It does come in handy though. Last night he carried me into the bedroom (oooer missus!;)) saying he was practising for our big day, and carrying me 'over the threshold'. teeeeeeheeeeeeee!

Back