Weight loss after baby

NikkiAnn

Hi all

I'm a newbie on here and want to loose weight after having a baby. My baby boy is now 3 weeks old and I'm thinking about a healthy eating plan to try.

Any advice would be great, what are your top tips for getting started?

Thanks

Hi Nikkiann! Congratulations on the birth of your little one!

My advice to you would be start slowly! I tried to start losing the weight quite early and it was just putting too much pressure on myself. I started weight watchers when LO was about 8 weeks and started walking for an hour a day once LO was 12 weeks. I've only recently started exercising with dvds now LO is nearly five months old. I've already lost what I put on while pregnant, which is amazing, but I was 2 stone overweight when I fell pregnant!

I'd recommend if you can get out to a class like Slimming world or weight watchers, then do it. It's nice to have something to do socially that isn't just about LO. I liked WW cos I could have anything as long as it was within my points, so I could have quick and easy ready meals while LO was younger. As time's gone on, it's become easier to actually cook from scratch more for the three of us as a family.

Back