Weight loss again

Been mostly off diet. In the sense of not having exantes not stopping being sensible. As a "surprise" my mum initially said she was staying until Sunday but only told me today that they were leaving only Monday. Shock to the core. "Lovely" style shes got aye? And today shes been in a mood. I had 1 meal per day for the past 3 days...not been to the loo properly in as many days as ive been stressed out of my mind and im extremely constipated. walked a bit, water at more than 3l daily but have overdone my units per week by more than a half. Also behind on work and thats killing me as Im in work crunch time. Worst time to give me these sort of surprises. Thoughts as coping mechanisms this weekend have been: reduce the damage as much as possible; enjoy the weekend out; enjoy the time with them as they dont come around often and they're leaving tomorrow; but rethinking future encounters. I restart diet after theyve gone.

Last edited:
Restart. Day 1.

Day 2 - 63.6kg. So ive pretty much maintained until now, that's good.
Yesterday was great - 3 exantes only. No hunger or difficulties.

Day 3 started, yesterday uneventful.

Today i am still at the 63.5kg. Haven't been overdoing it with anything and just having had good food choices and no alcohol. It's going well on that front. I've been maintaining for weeks now but i am not too upset about that. I am expecting a whoosh soon though.
Haven't been posting much as i am dead busy and tired on most days so im just focusing on my tasks at hand. Will continue updating now and again as I plod along but for the time being things are fairly boring and constant. Ill keep that going.

Need to remind myself constantly that things are slow because im not incorporating exercise.

you're doing so well! I know you deserve more scale-action, but even maintaining when you've just lost so much is a great achievement. You were 77+. You're now 63+. You must be loving that difference? And doing some real food stuff along the way is all great future-proofing too. Really great going girl :)

Thank you ange, what you said means a lot to me and you are indeed right. Maintenance with real food combinations is not to be taken for granted! And i do love fitting into a lot of my old clothes and how i feel atm.
Well, today my scales finally changed a bit. One of many such mornings, I hope. Need to go do some work before a house party later off i go.

Last edited:
Do you weigh daily?

I do now and I see a pattern. I gain a lot 4lbs pre period and it drops the day after my cycle starts. The same happens mid cycle I guess that’s ovulation.

I've clocked in another 100grams lower today. Not ideal but i know if i were (could) to concentrate at this stage on 1 or 2 weeks of TS id get another huge water weight down within a week just as with my first week on exante and then another steady loss. It's just about fitting it in somehow. Another long and eventful week ahead - none of my days and weeks are the same atm.

Do you weigh daily?

I do now and I see a pattern. I gain a lot 4lbs pre period and it drops the day after my cycle starts. The same happens mid cycle I guess that’s ovulation.
I tended to weight in daily when i was concentrating more. I found that helpful to keep track/monitor how my body was reacting to different foods and activity levels. My losses are tiny atm if any at all so I'm no longer doing it daily. May return to that though once I will be able to have a more focused approach again.

Hi lovely.

Just wanted to say well done and thinking about you.

I’ve stayed 13st. Will be back mid November see ya then
Hope you're good Kiwi. I'm hoping to get back on here more consistently also, as soon as possible. I'm not pushing myself too hard though atm as professional life is hectic and takes up all my brain energy. I'm in awe that I'm still maintaining though so maybe I have built some better/healthier behaviours within the 3-4months of concentrating on this fully. I'd love to be able to get back on it though to lose the remaining kilograms.

Hey all. Thought I'd check on here for a tiny bit. Things have gotten out of wack for me unfortunately. Was plodding along just fine for a long time (until about 4 weeks ago) but then a waterfall of things started to happen: first bureaucracy and faff with getting my passport sorted and my settled status as an EU citizen, a flurry of quick v important sudden deadlines at work which i couldnt have predicted and to top it all off...one of my kitties who was my best friend passed away last week having been hit by a car. He's was my love. At least i was there with him in his final moments. So I have been eating. Saw myself not eating as much as previously but i have defo put on at least 4 pounds in this whole time. I was still hanging in with the other triggers and was going for a pre-xmas push for 4kg (successfully even) until this terrible thing happened. I am trying to be even kinder to myself now and... Im still in mourning so I dont think i can handle a diet just now. Very slowly clawing my way back into feeling better in any way i can. I have been buying presents for everyone i know as a coping mechanism (ie giving back; was looking at volunteering but seeing animals or humans in distress is too much for my raw feelings atm) and kinda hittin the xmas market sausages a bit much. But i am trying still to keep it on the low with the carbs. Anyhow i will get back to feeling better soon. And to whomever lost a beloved pet before - been reading lots on that - not many people understand the pain. And that is sad in many ways.
Xmas and my bday are up soon also. I feel like i want to just enjoy...im happy i can go away for xmas as i dont feel like decorating or spending time at home atm as everything is a memory.
I'm coming back onto exante on 1st of January though. But need some time to get back to better feelings and i doing what i can to cope.
Hope anyone reading this is doing well and keeping it going in this time of the year. I am cheering for you all. Hugs x

Last edited:
I’m very sorry to hear about your loss (((HUGS))) and I feel your pain for I know how heartbroken you must be having had a very loving little Yorkie for fifteen years who passed away some years ago and I still miss her.😢

Back