Weight Loss Club with a difference....

fatandfedupmum

Hi there,
Was just wondering if anyone else is doing what my friends and I are planning to do? We are setting up our own weight loss group. We will weigh in once a week at my house and pay £5 per week as normal. We will set our self a target and heres the best bit ... when we reach our target.. we get our money back :D to go spend as we wish:D We will not be giving out advice as in normal clubs as personally I think most people have their favourite weight loss plan and tend to know most of the rules anyway. It started of as 2 of us and now we have 7 people lined up to start. Am hoping that our first meeting will be next week so watch this space :)
Julie

I think it is a great idea - BUT. Where will the money be kept? Who is responsible for it? Do you have an agreement in writing about what happens to the money in any forseeable circumstance?

I don't want to sound gloomy, but it is a good idea to sort all this out now, and not when there is an argument!

I think it is a great idea - BUT. Where will the money be kept? Who is responsible for it? Do you have an agreement in writing about what happens to the money in any forseeable circumstance?

I don't want to sound gloomy, but it is a good idea to sort all this out now, and not when there is an argument!

Sound advice

Hi there,
Was just wondering if anyone else is doing what my friends and I are planning to do? We are setting up our own weight loss group. We will weigh in once a week at my house and pay £5 per week as normal. We will set our self a target and heres the best bit ... when we reach our target.. we get our money back :D to go spend as we wish:D We will not be giving out advice as in normal clubs as personally I think most people have their favourite weight loss plan and tend to know most of the rules anyway. It started of as 2 of us and now we have 7 people lined up to start. Am hoping that our first meeting will be next week so watch this space :)
Julie

Which diet will you all be doing or are you just all doing your own thing?

I think its a great idea if people do have their own diet plans which they know inside out, but I didn't know how to loose weight when I joined slimming world, I'd been trying tonnes of exercise mixed with the cereal diet and didn't loose a lb (granted now I realise my evening meal was ridiculous and I snacked too much on an evening, which I thought the exercise would make up for) but my point is I couldn't loose weight on my own. I needed someone to talk through the plan with me ect. But its a great idea for those who have already followed a plan in the past and know what works.

Although I wouldn't swap my group for the world. My consultant does a great job and she deserves to be paid for that. Even though I know the plan now and could follow it myself I do think people (including myself) sometimes have blips where they do need help and advice. I stopped loosing close to target and I would have never have guessed it was because I wasn't having enough syns, I needed my consultant to suggest that one to me as I would have never dreamt that was the problem.

In theory I think it's a great idea but agree with the poster who said you all need to decide what's happening with the money etc.

My only other concern and I don't mean to sound negative as I think what you're doing is really positive but what happens if someone doesn't lose weight? Where does their money go?

1. I am responsible for the money. Have known the people in my group for years now. We will have a record card. And when money is paid in and back the other person and I will sign it to confirm for the records and one of the others will sign my card. We will look into opening an account in at least 2 of the members.

2. Personally I will be doing SW as I think most of the others are. The support will come from each other.

3. We will be providing the support of a group but without the cost at the moment . It's one thing paying out £5 but this is like saving £5.

4. Anyone will be able to get their money back if they want it. We hope that it will be when we reach a target but if they need it they can have it.

Sounds like a really good idea =] good luck!!

It'll be good as long as it works.

Its a support group, yes, but if you are the only one doing SW (for example) how can you all share hints and tips.

Good luck though, I'm not sure it's a good idea, but if it's about the money saving then it's a good thing. I really don't mind spending £5 a week - I see my friends at group and as we are all following the same diet plan, we get the mutual support we need.

Back