Weight loss diary

Its great when the clothes start to loosen..makes it seem more real than the number on the scales! I drink plain water during the day and save the fizzy as a treat in the evening

Brilliant, Zoe, well done, its great when you see the results on the scales! I jump on the sales every morning, Day 11 for me and there as been a loss each time. I wish I could stop the scale jumping habit but it gives me a buzz to jump out of bed in the morning and see what the loss is. I really must try and stop as I know there will be some days I don't lose and have to get my head around not feeling too upset about it, after all it is normal for the body to stop and start. Hang in there, you are doing really well! :)

Thanks goldie 101, I got out of the daily weigh in as my weight could fluctuate alot when I'm on my run of night shift. I'm weighing on my first night shift and second rest day to give my weight time to settle, I do sometimes have a sneeky jump on them but at the minute like you say it gives you that bit more encouragement to carry on. I really do need to start exercise but I don't know when I will fit it in with my current shifts and the kids. I'm looking forward to my first treat after my stone loss. My mum says she will pay for a treat too!! Lots of pampering initially then think it will be new clothes.

It's great when you have a wee treat in store for your weightloss milestones. I must sit down and work out a few wee beauty treatments to get when I reach the 16st mark. Considering we are saving money on food by using our 'fatbank balance' we deserve it! It must be tricky trying to work out when to have your meals when you work night shifts to keep your energy levels up. Best of luck with the clothes shopping..much more fun when you are shopping for things you like rather than things that will cover you up!

Well done Zoe. A brilliant first week's loss. I've been treating myself with new clothes from ebay but have now banned myself as I've bought enough to open my own shop. ( I put bnwt before what I'm looking for - brand new with tags - and have got some fantastic bargains. I'll jusst resell them all when I go down a size.)

Well started with a bit of excercise today other than the normal 10-15 mins walk down the school path and back. OH dropped me off at school and went to gym so I started walking home till he passed 45 mins and 3 miles later he picked me up. Boy did I sleep when I got home (I had been on nights). If I can aim for that 3-4 times a week till I feel I can go jogging I will be happy.

Well started with a bit of excercise today other than the normal 10-15 mins walk down the school path and back. OH dropped me off at school and went to gym so I started walking home till he passed 45 mins and 3 miles later he picked me up. Boy did I sleep when I got home (I had been on nights). If I can aim for that 3-4 times a week till I feel I can go jogging I will be happy.

Well done Zoe!

Brilliant Zoe..I like swimming and need to get walking more...I admire all the joggers..never could get into it...keep going..we are all shrinking!!

Well the walking seems to have worked, 1lb off since yesterday, I've planned a few more times when I can walk over the next week so hopefully by Wednesday ill be in the 15's ?

Ahh brilliant Zoe, well done...I need to be in the 15's for the wedding that I am attending in 5 weeks so will knuckle down and at least i know that I will fit into the size 16's for the day and won't feel too bloated for all the photo opportunities. we can do this!

Yay, exactly 1stone weight loss in just 11days, I know this is going to slow down but I'm just so happy at the minute, my 100lb target by Christmas doesn't look too unrealistic now. I need to lose less than 1/2lb a day to make it. Onwards and downwards.....

Hi goldie 101, it is such a good feeling when you know you are near that next target. Good look and keep focused. I'm sure you can do it for the wedding. X

Well done Zoe. You've a fighting chance of meeting your target. Brilliant!

Hi Zoe, I am 2 weeks tomorrow of a restart and this time have not had coke zero and have less hunger pangs, just stuck to water and fizzy water in the evenings for a change.

Yes I'm pleased to say fizzy water has definitely got me through my night shifts, I have managed to drink 2ltr each night, I found it also keeps the horrible tastes lingering in my mouth, which I get both from the diet and from doing nights. I physically cannot stomach plain water all day and all night so it feels like a little treat, I sometimes drink it from a wine glass with a meal too.

I was just wondering if anyone else had had very strong cravings, mine are that bad I can physically taste the food, most of it is spicy food such as curry, chilli con carne and garlic too, but the first day was Greek chicken burgers (which I haven't had for 16 years!!!!) I'm finding it really strange, I don't feel that I want to eat them but I just get the taste which lasts a short while?

Hey Lynne just read goldie 101 diary, I see you are from north of chesterfield, it is such a small world I am chesterfield born and bred too. Hope you've had a good weekend.

Hi Zow, Do you live in Chesterfield now. I live in Dronfield.

Not far then!

Back