Weight loss diary

Happy new year Lynne and Anne, determined to crack it this year. I've not started yet. The 6th will be day one for me, I've got at least a clear month or 2 without any interruptions. I want to do slimming world once I've lost the majority of my weight as I know I can follow that for a longer term solution, I've also looked at the 5:2, but don't know if it is strict enough for me. Plus side to 2014 I have reduced my hours slightly at work and will get more days off, and will not be working full night shifts. As tiredness is one of my reasons for failure I'm hoping this will help. I will be joining the local leisure centre and aim to swim minimum 2-3 times a week but hopefully more. I have two weddings later in the year and I really want to wear something special rather than whatever I can fit in to and breath. I now have approx 5stone to lose so could be posting for a while. Hope you both had a lovely Christmas and new year and we will make it once and for all in 2014. The only deadline I am setting is to get to goal!! Speak to you all very soon with our first weeks weigh ins. X

Hi Zoe. Good luck for 6th January. I've go nearly 5 stone to lose too!

Started jan 6th. Was actually quite glad I didn't have to think about food. Put on more than I expected over last 3 months. But day 1 went ok as did day 2, but day 3 I woke up after nights with a pounding headache. Nothing will get rid of it. Still have it now after 24hrs but I have been quite stressed too. Hoping after a good sleep tonight I will wake up all refreshed tomorrow. On the plus side I have lost 7lb already, hoping to lose 10lb this week to get me back on track. I need to get back down a size as I had thrown all my clothes when I last lost it :(

Only 3 more weeks then no more full night shifts and more days off to look after myself a little more. Can't wait. Just hoping I don't feel tired etc like I do with current shifts. Tiredness=eating rubbish unfortunately.

Hi Zoe, welcome back. Day 3 is usually tough isn't it but at least you know you are going into ketosis. I've just reduced my shifts too & finding it so much easier to take control of my life. Actually don't feel tired all of the time. It really does make a difference. Getting back into clothes you like is always a good incentive. Hope the headache starts to disappear soon.

Thanks Susie. I've got 3 children under 7 and work full time shifts it's rubbish. So pleased they let me change my hours. I will be working 10 hour shifts but only 4 days out of 8. Latest I will finish is 4am but that's at a weekend. Just recently I can't sleep after nights so end up with about 12 hours kip in 4 days :( think my body is giving in to them now. Just need to plod on till end of month. I feel positive about the diet again and I've refound my skinny jeans that I WILL be in by the summer. They are now hanging on the front of my wardrobe.

My favourite top is hanging on my wardrobe door lol, Shift work & long days really to wear you down eventually until you feel you are no good to anybody. not to mention the havoc it does to your sleeping pattern. I cant remember the last time I had a good nights sleep. Must be so hard with young children. My 3 are all adults now so I don't have to run around after them any where near as much as you probably have to. Roll on the end of the month.

Hi Zoe good luck. I regained 2st and and am restarting too. I still squeeze myself into my clothes, even though they cut in now and don't really fit lol. Great loss so far well done x

Feeling so much better today, headache finally gone and not felt too hungry. Went food shopping and actually enjoyed it as I didn't have to think what I wanted to eat. Feel like I have a little more energy too. Roll on this time next week to see the benefits. :)

Glad to see the headache has gone & no temptations reared their head while you was shopping.

Hi Zoe. Looking forward to hearing of great weight losses from you!

Thanks Lynn, did 7lb in first 2 days. If I can at least keep that I'd be happy. Just trying to keep off scales till Monday.

Hi Zoe, I'd be happy with 7lb too!

10lb off for week 1 couldn't have asked for a better week. Really want to eat a meal but I wouldn't say I was hungry :/ I have been feeling very light headed today, not sure if it's just tiredness or the diet too. I'll keep plodding.

Wow Zoe, that's AMAZING!

Well done Zoe, excellent loss. keep it up x

Hope your day is going well Zoe x

Hi susie58, this is my bad day (but not for much longer) it's my first night shift so I'm up for 24hrs. I hate it early on but do go past it by lunch. I try not to have my first pack until lunch so have to keep busy until then. Other than that feeling so much better today. Hope your week is going well.

Back