Weight loss tips

oasis6918

Gold Member
Been on a website with some good weight loss tips so thought I'd share....

1. Eat half a grapefruit everyday to speed up.
2. Take your time eating your meals, give your body time to register your food to avoid you overeating.
3. Cut out pork, contains cholesterol and saturated fat.
4. 50% of your meals should be veg
5. Eat pineapple, pineapple is good for protecting against cellulite.
6. Spicy foods speed up your metabolism so spice it up a bit.
7. Brush your teeth after each meal to stop you snacking.
8. Get enough sleep, not getting enough sleep increases levels of the major hunger messenger in the brain.
9. Honey, the body needs 80% glucose to set off a chain reaction of hormones, including those responsible for fat breakdown while you sleep. We lose upto 10g of glucose an hour between our last meal and bed, so have 2 desert spoons of honey before bed to speed up weight loss.
10. Walk on tip toes, even if it's just to the kitchen. It works calves and tones your bum.
11. Drink iced water to burn upto an extra 100 cals with each glass.
12. Skipping! Get your self a skipping rope, this burns upto 700 cals an hour.
13. Blueberries slash upto 73% of fat cells.

I'm starting it again tonight, in the past I've had bigger losses while doing it, but could be coincidental but we'll see. I keep the jar and a spoon by my bed so I don't forget lol x

Most sound good but I'm not sure about the pork thing. Pork fillet is very lean and healthy and ham is brill.

Yeah. Worried about the pork thing.
I'm not good with meats so only manage chicken breast fillets and Tesco Finest Pork Medallions.
They are only 155 calories for three so they can't be that bad for me surely.

Pretty sure that the honey thing is a myth! It's a lot of sugar and calories to have just before bed and I doubt it makes any difference.

Pork is perfectly fine to eat. If you get lean cuts of meat it's as healthy as any other meat, far healthier than beef or lamb in fact.

Aiming to have at least a certain amount of your meal as veg is a good rule to live by, I aim for at least one third.

Don't think the blueberries thing is true either. They're great for you but they don't specifically burn fat cells.

Why does iced water burn extra calories?

I never said any of these were true, I got the information off a website and I thought they might be helpful as its stuff that I've heard many times before

Patchninja said:
Most sound good but I'm not sure about the pork thing. Pork fillet is very lean and healthy and ham is brill.

I'm still eating pork whether its meant to be true or not :) I love my pork loins grilled with no fat on

caroline g said:
Why does iced water burn extra calories?

The water itself doesnt burn extra calories but the temperature of it makes your body work harder to maintain the temperature it should be therefor burns calories. Ice cold water is a massive shock to your system, its also could to help bowell movement.

Zoesastar said:
The water itself doesnt burn extra calories but the temperature of it makes your body work harder to maintain the temperature it should be therefor burns calories. Ice cold water is a massive shock to your system, its also could to help bowell movement.

Ahh ok I wondered if that might be the reasoning behind it

Yeah I'd really like to get a skipping rope now, seems pretty straight forward for exercise n I know I'll work up a sweat doing it :) .

Skipping aNd hula hooping are both brilliant

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back