weight loss via a 20 minute CD once a day - is this possible?

itanhaem

I have a friend who has been a therapist for many years. He claims that the weight reduction audio-recordings he makes have been successful for a majority of his clients for nearly 30 years. Now in the evening of my life I have decided I must do something about my weight. I asked him for some help and advice. He says he can't help me because he knows me too well, in the same way that he can't help members of his own family. I think I understand this, but when I ask him simply for a copy of one of his CDs he says it won't work for me and refuses to hand one over.
I don't understand how just a 20 minute CD listened to once a day can help a person lose weight - and he says it's nothing to do with diets. Can anybody tell me if they succeeded in losing weight simply by listening to a CD?

I think it sounds too good to be true. Haven't heard about anything like that before and the fact that he says he can't help friends and family whit this CD sounds suspicious to me.

I'm sorry but it too sounds like its not true, for the fact he's not giving you the cd to at least try. If its legitimate then he would let u try and see for yourself x

This sounds fine to me if he is a hypnotherapist or something similar.

My friends mum is one, its worked for me but not for her the family.

Look o to if somewhere else, you can get some great weight loss hypno apps. Cheap too....he might also be a bit shy if you don't fully know what his work is about. Good luck.x

Emma. which CD's have you listened to/would you recommend.

Itanheam - I agree with the others - does seem a bit suss. If his 20min CD really works, it will work for anyone whether they know him or not.

It's not too good to be true but it does involve work on your part. You have to listen to them every day as it says, it works on your subconscious so you have to totally relax when you listen to them, usually before you go to bed, and it will alter your relationship with food and reset some bad habits (depending on the content of the CDs). You also have to believe it will work or your mind will not allow it. As with all hypno you have to be receptive to it.

He is right about not being able to treat friends or family, it wouldn't work as he knows you too well to be impartial in his treatment. And when you listen to the CD the familiarity you will get from his voice will interfere with the content of the CD. I have a friend who does hypnotherapy but he too says he can't treat me.

That's true but usually it's recommended that these are listened to at night and they are great for a 20 minute relaxation before bed, a 20 minute period when you wouldn't be exercising anyway. I would always say that listening to these does no harm, at the very least they will relax you and aid you into a relaxing sleep and if you aren't paying a lot for them then what's the harm? For me, I use them in place of Diazepam where I would usually have to take one to release my jaw when it clamps I can often release it by laying in a quiet dark room and listening to a 20 minute relaxation hypnosis track.

Back