Weight loss, with severe spinal injuries.

Hi @Sassie.b thank you, I won't let it affect me, i'm used to it.

When it's played up before it's usually been food that's too fatty, like a grease laden plate with little to call a breakfast, or the usual overly hot spicy food, and, on the odd occasion, a poorly prepared Dona kebab.

I used to eat SP salads most of my life, obviously not knowing they were , they never bothered me, I grew up eating sossage and chips, egg and chips, spam and chips, on a Sunday it would always be a plate busting roast. So much that I was at least 16 St before I was 16, and, up to 18 before I started training, getting back to 16, but reasonably strong.

I stayed at 16st, eating what I liked, when I liked, even for a few years after becoming a trucker. But once I needed a prolonged rest from work due to my spinal issues, I went up to 21.

But the worst thing I did was becoming a bus driver, with worse shift patterns than trucking, and I made it up to 25, even though I was eating reasonably sensible. But I tell you all now, that is one dizzying height I shall never reach again!

I love to cook, eat, and se others enjoying a good meal that I have cooked, so instead of cooking those bad things, eating way too much of those bad things; instead I'm going to cook right, eat right (even if it kills me:stinkyfeet:).

Lots to do to today, mothers day tomorrow, daughters birthday Tuesday! Best get on:bolt:

You've certainly had a rough time of it but you're on the right road now and it's great that you enjoy cooking because it means you know exactly what's in your food.

Enjoy your weekend :)

Hi Sully, I just caught sight of the bit in your intro about spinal problems and seeing as I suffer a lot with mine too I thought I'd give you my penn'orth on the subject..altho' from a very different perspective as I am an aged old woman and have a degenerative condition called ankylosing spondylitis which causes my spine to become inflamed. Along with other complications that I wont bore you with but never-the-less I do so well understand how painful and disabling it can be and very disheartening when others really don't understand what you are going through!
I do hope you manage to lose more weight which will make things so much better for you and the fact is men always loose a lot quicker than women!! (Yah Boo!!) :p

Joking aside.. keep up the good work and I'm sure you'll soon be feeling the benefits.

Hi @Emmaline, thank you, your input is helpful, especially any encouragement is especially welcome.

I do hope I lose the weight quickly, I have a long way to go, and a short time to get there.

satb2newfont-01.jpg

:rotflmao:

I'm sure the weights going to drop off now your on SW and enjoying the food your cooking.

But I now have one little grievance, I can't get that song out of my head now lol .........

Sings to herself
East bound and down, loaded up and truckin',
a'we gonna do what they say can't be done.
We've got a long way to go, and a short time to get there,
I'm east bound just watch ol'Bandit run!

I'm sure the weights going to drop off now your on SW and enjoying the food your cooking.

But I now have one little grievance, I can't get that song out of my head now lol .........

Sings to herself
East bound and down, loaded up and truckin',
a'we gonna do what they say can't be done.
We've got a long way to go, and a short time to get there,
I'm east bound just watch ol'Bandit run!

Showing our ages there, lol

Well, I weighed in last night, night early, as one if my daughters turns 9, so meal out with family tonight. I got 2lb off, so that's a half stone award for me :winner:

Just need to figure out how to add it to signature.

I've just been looking at my favorite flavoured waters, and guess what! 6 syns per 100ml, and I've been drinking it as part of my 2ltrs a day :banghead:.

Oh well I know now.

How's everyone else doing?

Well done Sully, Great loss.
My weigh in showed a 1lb loss for me but a 3 inch loss off my waist so I'm happy with that.

I want to lose the inches, I haven't worn jeans in almost a year, and I used to live in them.....

LOL @Scooby5575, I am 46 inch waist, and I am trying to loose my moobs altogether. the current picture is me only a few years ago, when I was 42" and 19 stone.

I lost 2st and gained 7", damn water retention, hopefully it will go down soon. Consider yourself lucky :)

Hi @Jhsax I'm on water tablets, which as we are meant to drink 2ltrs plus a day, isn't very helpful, lol

How are you doing?

I'm being sent for bloodtests, they aren't quite sure if that's what's wrong with me. I really don't drink enough, I've been shouted at by my docs for that before, I force a pint down a day now without fail which is tonnes better, but not enough, drinking is hard work.

I love flavoured waters, but as per earlier post, just found out they are ott with syns, nearly better to drink full fat cola

I love strawberry volvic, yummy :) but I'm trying to drink very weak sugar free cordial

Well, Tuesday night (daughters birthday meal) went well, however Wednesday was a different story.

I had to go to Cadbury world for work!:banghead:

I take it you fell off the (diet) wagon? If so, well we've all done it lol we're only human. I'm sure if it put a dent in your diet you can even it out over the coming weeks :)

Back