Weight loss, with severe spinal injuries.

My mum had an 'unknown' lump last year, we didn't know it was benign for weeks, even after several biopsys they weren't sure and despite the benigness the operation to have it removed was still worrying at her age and she struggled walking for a while, but she's fine now. My diet survived through that one wierdly enough, perhaps it was the lack of knowing....

I hope my diet continues well.

Really been a roller-coaster of a week! up, down, round and round.

Have tried to eat well, but have slipped a few times.

Was starting to get to grips, when I had to go have my hearing aid delivery tubes changed for full moulds, which is great in some ways, but in other it totally sucks,

I can hear clearer in one on one, or in a small group, and I can hear my music better too, which as a musician is great, however, try carrying on a conversation with the person next you at a party, where the music isn't that loud, your screwed!

I find myself having to sign, and as my wife is the only one here who knows sign, and then she has forgotten a lot not having used it much since uni. How can I disturb her, we could have stayed home and disturbed eachother, or watched my phantom of the Opera Dvd that came yesterday.

I know what bad hearing is like. My aunt once told me that my family is extremely stubborn when it come to our hearing, my nan and great nan slowly lost their hearing and refused to admit to it and my mother was told she needs a hearing aid but refuses to wear one and now I have to sit at the front of the lecture hall and I can't hear people unless they are looking at me but I refuse to go for a hearing test lol. I said I'd go when I can no longer hear the TV on our normal volume setting :)

I was the same, till one day I was told that the TV was extremely loud, even though I could barely hear it.

I have found that surround sound systems are no good for hearing loss, you need a good sound bar, that directs quality sound directly towards you, which TV's these days all have rear facing speakers.

I am now able to enjoy watching my musicals and opera's again on TV, which is wonderful.

Hearing aids only really work in an auditorium if there is a 'T loop' as the acoustics and other noise make it hard to differentiate the voices from the noise.

Hi I have just had a read through your thread. Just wanted to say well done. I am trying to set up a thread for people with illnesses or injuries so we can try to support each other. I am also doing slimming world. I have autoimmune diseases including Ankylosing Spondylitis which is damage to my back so know how hard it is with back pain. Well done for trying to make a change. I know how hard it is x

Well, had two week break from SW, easter holidays meaning chocolate everywhere; I had two weeks away from my normal job and took a busmans holiday and worked driving lorries for those two weeks to put some extra away for summer holidays.

My weigh in last night showed a 1lb loss in three weeks, a loss is a loss, so I'll take it, but still a little disappointed as the extra shifts I was pulling were more physical than normal, so had hoped they would help with weight loss, however I may have worked muscles I hadn't for a while and they bulked a little, who knows? But that's what I'm blaming :whistle:

However I have been relatively pain free for a while, then I run out of one of my meds, only a small top up tablet, still taking the higher dose of it twice a day, I was alright for 2 days, but woke up Sunday in pain. Got my meds from chemist and took them as normal, yesterday was a great day almost no pain at all, this morning however is a different story, I was woke early by the pain, so, I took my meds, now 2 and a half hours later I'm still in that high level of pain, even had to get my better half to help me dress thus morning, she has not needed to do that for a long time.

My legs feel week today, more so than usual, guess I'll be on my can for the day then! Can't take time to rest, as assistant manager, but I really run the place, and having taken time off to do the lorries I have so many pieces to pick up its daft.

I hope everyone else is having a better time of it.

Sorry to hear your loss wasn't what you wanted, perhaps it was the easter chocolate, I know that hurt my weight loss. Also sorry to hear about your pain, you've obviously been flexing muscles you haven't used in a while. I know my consultant always used to say that drinking water aids in muscle repair which is another good reason to drink lots while exercising?
Hope the meds catch up with you soon xxx

Congrats on SOW too. Things are going very slowly for me, but still going so can't complain.

Well, I have done it again, needed .5lb I got a full 2 so now 15.5lb lighter

:sw014:!!!!!!!!

:sw007: in 2 weeks!

Body is feeling better too. Not perfect, but getting there.

Congrats on SOW too. Things are going very slowly for me, but still going so can't complain.

I had a few stalling weeks, now got my wings for a while.

I know it can happen, I pray you can get back in to the groove!

Well. Don't know what's happened this week. Stayed the same.

I ate properly, may have had the extra one or two meals on long days, but they were usually SW sin free salads or similar.

Thinking of trying to do card free one or twice a week. Can't cut out all together as I love pasta, jacket potatoes and such.

Oh I love pasta and potato's too. Someone suggested trying the old red and green days, apparently it works better for some...

I might just do that.

How's you?

You want to chat on FB? Would that be easier?

Back