Weight V dress size

Camille

Silver Member
Isn't this wierd I am now a comfy 18 & weigh 16 stone. Before I had my son, at my biggest I was 12s 10lb & a size 18! Through slimming world I got down to 10 stone & was size 12 then got pregnant! I would be very happy now to get to 12 stone (whatever dress size) but back then I hated being that size & dreaded shopping for clothes. I am so happy with where I'm at at the moment & hope this feeling stays!
Has anyone else noticed how dress sizes & weight just don't add up? or is it that as you get older your body finds little hidden pockets to store the ugly heavy fat? :confused:

Hi hun, i know where your coming from i havent a clue what size i am anymore. i started at 20.6 size 26 bottom 24top. now 17ish stone and size 18top and 20 bottom but bought a dress couple of weeks ago for a party and a size 18 was far to big so i got a 16. i think it varies alot from shop to shop. like you my goal is 12stone no matter what dress size. i would love to even be a size 16 :) xx

Hi hun, i know where your coming from i havent a clue what size i am anymore. i started at 20.6 size 26 bottom 24top. now 17ish stone and size 18top and 20 bottom but bought a dress couple of weeks ago for a party and a size 18 was far to big so i got a 16. i think it varies alot from shop to shop. like you my goal is 12stone no matter what dress size. i would love to even be a size 16 :) xx

Body twins!! exactly the same - same start weight, same sizes top and bottom...I cant wait to be a size 18 anything...then a 16...then a 14...then a 12 and there I'll stay :D

I'm sure i read somewhere that size have got bigger so an old size 12 is now a ten. But i don't care lol. I will be shouting over the crowds have you got this in a size 12 lol if i ever get that small lol

at my biggest i was a size 24 bottoms and a 26/28 top after doing CD last year i got to a size 16 amd now a comfy 18....so a 12 would be fab even settle for a comfy 14 lol

I've really noticed a difference!

2000 = 11st 5lbs and a big size 14 (it was the thought of being a size 16 that spurred me onto diet)

9st 13lbs = size 12.

13st 9lbs = size 16 (again, the thought of going up to a size 18 made me start Lighter Life). I always had a slimmish waist, so would have described myself as hourglass.

10st 7lbs = size 10/12.

13st 11lbs - size 16 is too tight again, so I'm needing a size 18 - decide to go onto CD. My top half is the same size as the bottom half but all the weight seems to have distributed itself around my stomach and waist so rather than being hourglass, I seem to be barrell shaped.

So I have really noticed a difference. I have been more unhappy at the 2008 shape, than I was at the 2007 shape as I have felt bigger through not having a waist.

I was wonderingt his yesterday.

For my wedding i was 11 stone and a size 14.

I am now 12 stone and a size 12 - doesn't make sense.

And the jeans I'm wearing I bought 2 years ago when I was 10.7 stone!

the only reason I can put to it was before my wedding I was at the gym 3 times a week and clycling to work 5 times a week. Must have been muscle.

Yeah im confused ive just lost a stone and nine pound and weigh 12 8 but cant fit in a 14 yet! my 16's are loose but the fourteen is still tight! when i weighed the same a year and a half ago i was easy in a 14! urgh so frustrating hope when i get to 12 stone they'l fit! going to up the exercise too! Bit peed off at the moment with dieting i had a 1000 cals yest low carb of course with 3 cambridge meals, because i keep feeling rough an dizzy and a body builder told me its because my body isnt getting enough energy its telling me its not happy! hence the 1000 cal day :( im that desperate to get to my target of 12 stone for 24th of dec i feel right guilty today and i dont know what to believe anymore :(

Yeah im confused ive just lost a stone and nine pound and weigh 12 8 but cant fit in a 14 yet! my 16's are loose but the fourteen is still tight! when i weighed the same a year and a half ago i was easy in a 14! (

On CD even if you weigh the same as you did last year, you are not accounting the fact of the glycogen!!! In the first week you lose fat and glycogen, so in reality even tho you weigh the same as last year, you are in fact about 4or5lbs heavier in reality should you go back to eating properly as the glycogen stores will fill up if this makes any sense????? on CD your true weight is when you have a full store of glycogen not when your stores have been depleted whilst you are still on SS in another couple of weeks you will be in your 14's :)

yes if you don't go up the plans properly.... if you don't you will gain about 4/5lbs in water glycogen straight away but with going up the plans you won't because you will still be losing a 1lb or so a week even tho in reality you will be gaining in glycogen, hope this makes sense, i think thats how it all works :)

Back