Weight Watchers Cordials

Silvermoonbeam

I think they are new, at least I haven't seen them before AND they were a quid at Tesco so I bought a bottle but now I am not sure but they do help to get the water down your neck............

So what do you think fellow Atkinser's as I am only new and on Induction?

The one I bought is Sicilian Lemon and Elderflower............from the label on the back, hang on while I get me specs. :D

Per 100ml diluted

Calories 1
Carbs 0.3g
of which sugars 0.3g

Ingredients include: citric acid, Sweeteners: Sucralose, Acesulfame-K

I have heard Citric Acid is a no no on Atkins yet tonight I made Atkins coleslaw which is allowed on Induction and it called for lemon juice which I didn't have in stock (lemons = citric acid no?????)

confused.dot.com :sigh:

Drinks

I drink my water warm, it makes it much easier to get down!!

Also, try vanilla rooibos, its a decaffeinated south african tea, full of antioxidants, and has a sweetish flavour. Can be drunk cold or hot.

Citric acid stalls some people so you may need to experiment. I have always used a bit of lemon juice but only occasionally so who knows. The problems with the sf stuff is you tend to end up having it too often and then it causes problems!

I Would think Ao long as you didn't go made about it you'd be ok....as Katie says....everything in moderation. ;)

0.3g per diluted 100mls seems high to me. Surely that's only a couple of big gobfuls (!) ?

Berries tend to be the lowest carb fruits so I think berry squash might also be the lowest carb? I dunno. Maybe I'm waffling. But like u say it's best to get ur fluids down regardless so go for it n try it.

I've been re-reading my book as I have had a bad few days foodwise -focus on the emotional eating chapter:cry:.

Atkins has got lemon juice listed under special category foods which may slow down weight loss - along with olives, avocado & cream. He reckons if the weight loss is slow to ease back on these foods.

I've been re-reading my book as I have had a bad few days foodwise -focus on the emotional eating chapter:cry:.

Atkins has got lemon juice listed under special category foods which may slow down weight loss - along with olives, avocado & cream. He reckons if the weight loss is slow to ease back on these foods.

What edition have you got? Don't remember that chapter in mine :wave_cry:

I have the one with the orange cover - the New Diet Revolution. With an endorsement by Nigella on the front - poor soul. Published in the UK in 2003.

I'm re-reading Chapter 21 - The psychology of Weight Loss. It has some stuff on emotional eating and changing behaviour. Fits in well with my slimpod listening.

Hasn't stopped me this week - but then again, I thought I'd gone mad Monday & Tuesday eating in response to some stress but am in ketosis this morning and down in weight. More to the point this hasn't turning into going off for months of carb eating so I guess it could be a success - if you were a real optimist.

Last edited:
Ahh, mine is 'new diet new you' don't think it has that chapter in it.

Well done on ketosis, why did you think you were going mad?!!

No idea what the last sentence means....was your slim pod full of gin? ;)

Ooh, I've a terrible craving for a g&t now.

Sorry, about that last sentence - I haven't a decent nights sleep since Sunday. Got some stressful post on Monday and spend Monday & Tuesday eating. At one time this would have been my usual pattern - lose a few lbs, get stressed, eat and continue for months. Then swear to lose weight and start again.

This time on Wednesday I thought no, it isn't going to happen and ate protein all day. This morning, back on track and in ketosis.

So am not sure if I failed by eating carb or succeeded because I managed to stop before the carb cravings really kicked in.

Silver - sorry, I've wondered far away from lemon juice!

Ooh, I've a terrible craving for a g&t now.

Sorry, about that last sentence - I haven't a decent nights sleep since Sunday. Got some stressful post on Monday and spend Monday & Tuesday eating. At one time this would have been my usual pattern - lose a few lbs, get stressed, eat and continue for months. Then swear to lose weight and start again.

This time on Wednesday I thought no, it isn't going to happen and ate protein all day. This morning, back on track and in ketosis.

So am not sure if I failed by eating carb or succeeded because I managed to stop before the carb cravings really kicked in.

Silver - sorry, I've wondered far away from lemon juice!

Ah no worries Soraya and good for you getting back on track, well done!!

OK re-reading the label (and I have only been having one glass a day because you know sometimes it is SOOO hard to make it) and thanks for the tip on the Vanilla rooboos tea, I will sure to look out for it, I always drink water at room temperature so much easier to drink than ice water.

I measured how much is in my glass and it is 200ml.

I have the The Illustrated Atkins New Diet Cookbook which says on page 18:

SPECIAL CATEGORY FOODS

Each day you can also eat 10-20 olives, half a small avocado, 30ml of sour cream or 90ml of double cream, as well as two or three tablespoons of fresh lemon or lime juice. If you are losing weight slowly, adjust your intake of these foods.

I have had a few olives some days, avocado on maybe 2 days, no sour cream, double cream most days maybe in coffee and the juice in this drink at most one glass a day.

I will keep an eye out on the weight loss....

Back