Weightloss aches and pains

Safia

Gold Member
Hi everyone i am not at the lowest weight i have been in years but just over two weeks ago my left side so my left arm, chest and back were aching so much. I just assumed i did something in my sleep but now the pain has gone from everywhere apart from my mid and top left back. The area feels sore aswell. I have made an appointment for doc tomorrow for my hairloss but was wondering is anyone experianced aches and pains after losing weight as i think it might even be my boobs which havent lost a lot of weight causing the pain. Getting a bit worried now.

You're doing right going to the doc. Take a food diary with you if you have one so they can see what your intake has been and rule that out. I've had some aches and pains but nothing like what you're describing and don't necessarily think it was related to weight loss. Let us know how you get on.

Hope it went ok for you a the docs? I would be interested to know what they said as I have been getting a few aches and pains and I am not sure if it's normal or not....I haven't lost a lot of weight in total but my shape is changing quite a bit as I have been exercising properly for the first time in my adult life so I wasn't sure if it could be the reverse of growing pains, the biggest differnce for me so far has been to my boobs as they have noticably got smaller and they've been aching a bit but not painful.

Please let us know you are ok.

You are doing the right thing as if you are in pain the best thing to do is see a doctor x

Hi yea i did go to the docs and after asking me the usual questions he said he thought the hairloss was due to stress (I had a baby in feb and than my dad died in june) and the ache in my back was something muscular most likely i pulled a muscle but he still asked me to do a blood test. I had a suspicion it was going to come back low in 2 things and yesterday i had a phonecall saying i was low on vitamin d and should start taking it a 25mcg vitamin 3 for 3 months and after 10mcg for life. I thought i was also going to be low on iron but that was normal so my hairloss is down to stress.
The aches and pains are sign of vitamin d deficiancy and i suppose as there hasnt been much sun about it can explain a lot. I took my first vitamin tablet this morning and so far so good as usually vacuuming which i did this morning meant i had to take some ibuprofen or lie flat most of the day as the pain is unbearable but no pain at all, yippeee x

But if you are getting these aches and pains i would just go to the doc and ask for a blood test as you can be sure 100% what it is x

Hi yea i did go to the docs and after asking me the usual questions he said he thought the hairloss was due to stress (I had a baby in feb and than my dad died in june) and the ache in my back was something muscular most likely i pulled a muscle but he still asked me to do a blood test. I had a suspicion it was going to come back low in 2 things and yesterday i had a phonecall saying i was low on vitamin d and should start taking it a 25mcg vitamin 3 for 3 months and after 10mcg for life. I thought i was also going to be low on iron but that was normal so my hairloss is down to stress.
The aches and pains are sign of vitamin d deficiancy and i suppose as there hasnt been much sun about it can explain a lot. I took my first vitamin tablet this morning and so far so good as usually vacuuming which i did this morning meant i had to take some ibuprofen or lie flat most of the day as the pain is unbearable but no pain at all, yippeee x

But if you are getting these aches and pains i would just go to the doc and ask for a blood test as you can be sure 100% what it is x

Wow you have been through a lot of pure joy and then utter pain in a very short space of time so I can imagine you are quite stressed but congratulation on the birth of your child and I am very sorry to hear about your Dad.

I am glad they got to the bottom of your issues and it is great to hear the treatment they have given you is working. Keeping your vitamin D topped up is hard as we seem to have been in autumn/winter for the best part of two or so years :)

I will see how I go over the next couple of weeks as I am not in any pain but I will go to the doctors if I am still achey then x

Back