Step 1 Sole Source Weightloss journey begins

Hello all,

Just wanted to share my weightless journey as I'm on Week 3 and it's already been a long road!

I was previously on Lighter Life where I lost 4 stone but I foolishly gained it back so am determined to get it off once again and this time keep it that way!

Would love some people to share this journey with so let me know if you're in the same boat! #misschewing #cantwaittillnextweighin

im on day 17. like you i lost not far off 5 stone 3 years ago & put nearly all of it back on :( i started at 16.2 at my heaviest, now 13.13. i want to get to 10.10 by xmas :) so 3 stone 3lb to go. having a slow week (scales havent moved at all since monday)

Hi HeidiC!

Wow...we are very similar on our weight and weight goals. I was also 13.13 and have now lost 6lbs in two weeks. I would ideally like to get to my original weight of 10 stones by around Christmas time too.

For some reason, I feel like the weight loss was quicker and more visibly obvious on LighterLife....or maybe I'm just super impatient! Lol

Don't worry about the scales...they will keep going down as long as you stay strong and stick to it. VLCDs take an incredible amount of strength and will power so keep praising yourself and telling yourself how fabulous you are for every day that you get through!

Hi Littlemiss teacher,

Nice to have some new peeps on board loving your positive vibe :) this is my first attempt on Vcld, but interested to know with you and LTL, how you re gained previously, did it happen suddenly or slowly over time? Any pointers to be aware of for the rest of us ;)

xxx

Hi Littlemiss teacher,

Nice to have some new peeps on board loving your positive vibe :) this is my first attempt on Vcld, but interested to know with you and LTL, how you re gained previously, did it happen suddenly or slowly over time? Any pointers to be aware of for the rest of us ;)

xxx
Hey there SummerChic!

So lovely to hear from you and happy to hear that you too are in this journey!

Well for me, I gained it back over about 2 years and that was because I got complacent and somehow thought..."well I'm thin now...I can just eat what I want"... and slowly overtime I regained bad old habits. The main problem fit me was, and still is, portion control. And carbs. Oh how I love carbs!

As for tips, I think it is very important to be overtly mindful of what you are doing on the daily whilst on this diet. It's important to think to yourself how much your body actually needs and how much of what you are eating is because it tastes good or simply greed. But we all do it. Food is great but there are other things that are great in life too. That's why I am trying not to think of food as a treat and instead treat myself to other pleasures, no matter how small. I believe that's so important and thus is what I need to remember once I maintaining my goal weight. For me that's that hard part. Maintaining and that is why I will continue to visit my Cambridge counsellor to get weighed weekly while maintaining.

I'm no expert but simply mindful of this journey and my previous mistakes. Bottom line...don't return to bad old habits but instead, make good new ones. I hope this helps x x x

the worst thing i did was see the goal weight as a finish line, i was like wooohoooo i'm done i can eat lol. this time i'll carry on getting weighed weekly

yep! I really do feel different this time, i'm not in a huge rush to be skinny, i'm trying to remember everything. like the horrendous hunger pains in week 1! i will never ever want to restart & feel like that again lol. Also last time i had a holiday to get to & this time i should be done before that so i can hopefully maintain for a few weeks before it, i never got to maintain last time, i literally finished & partied in the same day haha. i have 3 stone 2lb to goal & they say a stone a month so in theory i have a month spare to maintain. deffo going to calorie count religiously after this. the thing is i love carbs, pasta, bread, potatoes, i need to try to limit them as they make me gain weight so fast

The hunger pangs in Week 1 are awful, aren't they?! Thank goodness they only last a week! Yes I too want to lose 3 stone and 13lbs in about 4 months if possible. I'm definitely mentally on track this time and refuse to do this again to my body or mind! Carbs will have to be way more limited or even saved for soe isl occasions here on after this! But I'd rather wear my goal weight and size!

i'm nervous about finishing so close to xmas, but i guess its a good time to monitor what i eat & make sure i dont over do it. I still want to enjoy food but just not for the sake of it. The thing with this diet is if your heads not in the right place it wont work, i actually really couldnt bare to ruin what ive lost already so no part of me has wanted to eat this time. whereas before when ive tried & failed i didnt really care. this time if i put on weight by cheating id be gutted.

I couldn't agree with you more! It's actually more of a mental battle and that's why I'm constantly talking to myself about what I'm doing g and being really mindful of it. Finishing close to Christmas is a great time because you get to go out and see people at your goal weight and seeing people's reactions is always a super buzz! Who needs Christmas food when you have Christmas compliments?! Lol #cheatingisnotanoption #goalweightreactions

yeah i didnt think of it like that but its true. no one will have seen me for a few months by dec, on the 9th i have our friends 50th birthday meal & i'll be 4 stone lighter than the last time she saw me :) i'm already looking slimmer but obviously the next 3 stone are the ones people will really notice. i have a camo tracksuit that my husband bought me 2 years ago in a size 12 & i want to wear it to the airport in dec. i've been fat since he bought it so havent even tried it on lol

yeah i didnt think of it like that but its true. no one will have seen me for a few months by dec, on the 9th i have our friends 50th birthday meal & i'll be 4 stone lighter than the last time she saw me :) i'm already looking slimmer but obviously the next 3 stone are the ones people will really notice. i have a camo tracksuit that my husband bought me 2 years ago in a size 12 & i want to wear it to the airport in dec. i've been fat since he bought it so havent even tried it on lol
Oh my! You'll be the talk of the party! I'm so excited for you!! You'll look so awesome!! What an achievement it will be! Size 12 here you come!

I think I'm finally starting to feel a little lighter now after 3 weeks! It's my 3rd weigh in tomorrow so wish me luck! I've been a good girl and drunk all my water...I should have lost weight just from walking to the loo and back!

It's my niece's 10th birthday tomorrow and as I am an avid baker she has asked me to bake her cake. The problem is I become such a feeder on diets like this! So I have made a chocolate orange cake, an elderflower and lime cheesecake, jammy dodger white chocolate bloodied AND a chocolate orange cheesecake! I know, I know...it's a lot but there will be plenty of people around to eat it and it makes me feel better to feed others!

Back