Weightwatchers - Changing ??

Think I will stick to the discovery plan, is that the 'old way' every one is talking about ??
if it aint broke dont fix it !!!
i will stay as i am its working fine for me

Sounds like the US way... they get a points allowance for 'extras' too. Theyre not going to give you that for nothing so its going to come from somewhere else.

I agree, if they are going to change the way your daily allowance is changed you may find you have less daily points than before and thats where the "extra" points will come in, if they are going the US way then points will be calculated using cals, fat and fibre at a minimum.

My WW Leader hinted to it all changing and things being different for her as early as November (not to say it will change for us so soon)

She said she went to a big meeting with like 500 leaders and one woman who had struggled a little with WW (as some can) had tried this new programme for 15 weeks, and lost over 25lbs which doesn't sound a lot but going by weight watchers theory of losing between 1-2lbs a week, that's not bad..

I actually can't wait now, cause as I said before, I love trying new things, just have to agree with some people in that, if it ain't broke don't fix it...

It will be frustrating though if they change the points values written on all the goods as you'll have to work everything out if sticking to the old plan.
I'm a bit miffed, my mum and I were thinking of joining ww soon to try something new (as we are both sw veterans). Might as well stick to sw if it's going to be more like sw anyway??

I worry if all fruit becomes free. It's far too easy to eat a truck loads of bananas as they are 'free' despite the fact they have quite alot of calories, fat and sugar in!

Been reading this thread since the start and have been telling myself not to get involved lol.... Let's all just wait and see what actually happens first before deciding whether to stick to the old way, or move to the new way, or whatever....!!!!!

Anyways,
My WW Leader hinted to it all changing and things being different for her as early as November (not to say it will change for us so soon)

Zeb, I was told by my leader-person that it would be best for us to all attend class and stay for the meeting as it was being rolled out week beginning 8th November for us. I guess that this will be nationwide, I wouldn't have thought they'd change the plan in Scotland at a different time to the rest of the UK!

My tuppence-worth - A change is as good as a rest. SW just introduced the Extra Easy days, and people have smashing results on that if they stick to it. I didn't, I didn't give it enough time to get my head round it, and now I'm on WW, at a stand still with my motivation, this might be coming along at just the right time for me :D

Good luck to everyone with the new plan/old plan/whatever you decide to do! Same aim at the end of the day...... !

Not even a hint from my leader, but at least all the supermarkets have brilliant offers on all ww products so I am stocking the freezer with plenty of goodies so I can stick with Discover while I decide whether to go for the change or not.

The only constant is Minimins, whatever would we do without it. What is anyone planning to do with the points queries? When people ask for points values on here? I guess we will have to put whether we are answering with old or new points values so people can get the answer they need according to the plan they are on.

It will be frustrating though if they change the points values written on all the goods as you'll have to work everything out if sticking to the old plan.
I'm a bit miffed, my mum and I were thinking of joining ww soon to try something new (as we are both sw veterans). Might as well stick to sw if it's going to be more like sw anyway??

I worry if all fruit becomes free. It's far too easy to eat a truck loads of bananas as they are 'free' despite the fact they have quite alot of calories, fat and sugar in!

Dont make any decisions yet... for one thing this is all speculation and secondly if you want to do the current WW plan - you can noone can force you to swap ;)

I dont think its going to be like SW, its more likely to be a variation on the current thing. WW are way too invested in the points system to discard it. They had a SW style option and scrapped it years ago so I cant see them moving back that way

I have just got back from my weight watchers meetings, I was one of the first there while the 2 leaders were setting up, I heard them talking and pointing at the current bars they sell in the meetings saying that they would be 3 points not 1 1/2 anymore, I butted in as they were talking quite quietly and said what is that you are talking about then, she said oh nothing just that they are 3 for £5. I said no your not your talking about something else, so she said what am I talking about and I said well the rumours are true then and she said whats the rumour and I said that weight watchers is changing and she just smiled and looked at the other leader and said, we can not say nothing until the first meeting in November so make sure your here so you can get your new stuff and that. I asked her if it was more complicated than the current one and she said that it is a tad more confusing but once you get used to it its brilliant, and that the results is FAR better than the current results, I said that I heard that we will have our set daily points but also a separate points for our treats through out the week, she looked at the other leader smiled and said that I have done my homework and that I am a naughty boy lol

So yeah :)

she said that it is a tad more confusing but once you get used to it its brilliant, and that the results is FAR better than the current results,

They have to big it up though dont they. I remember my class leader raving about discover plan before it started.... what a disapointment that was.

Ill believe the 'far better' results when I see it quite honestly. Its a well documented fact that on a food diet 1 - 2lbs a week is a good healthy rate to lose - are they saying its not?? On looking around t'internet at the countries doing what appears to be the new plan I cant see any indication theyre losing better.

I think sometimes leaders try just toooo hard to convince us

I'm not sure about OZ?

I might have to have a look at the lifestyle clinic. As I do it just from home. I don't attend meetings. Maybe I might see if there's one near my new home?...

As much as I can't weight, I was hoping they would not roll this out till after Christmas at least. Yopu know, start fresh with a new year and all that..

I do it from home, not a big fan of my local meetings, the leader is a bit mean!! I guess I will have to start going again if they change things!

Why?

I'm sure everyone on here will get filled in on the changes when they happen anyway :)

Have you thought (if you decide to go back) of trying other meetings?

Who is/was your leader? Only ask cause I live just outside Elm Park and go to meetings on the way to Hornchurch

Its off Southend Road, down Maybank Avenue in Carries Hall on a Wednesday at 7pm, pretty sure we don't have the same leader but we have had one or two take over a couple times while our leader was on holiday so just wondering if I have met her before..

I used to go to the one at The Railway in Hornchurch but I might start going to the one at Carrie's Hall as it's closer to where I live now.
I haven't been for about 18 months but I think her name was Lisa if I remember rightly. She was ok in fairness but she seemed to have her favourites and I felt like she looked down on me if I didn't lose enough, probably me being paranoid!!

I used to go to the one at The Railway in Hornchurch but I might start going to the one at Carrie's Hall as it's closer to where I live now.
I haven't been for about 18 months but I think her name was Lisa if I remember rightly. She was ok in fairness but she seemed to have her favourites and I felt like she looked down on me if I didn't lose enough, probably me being paranoid!!

Aw well I'm not saying our leader is the best (my hubby likes going there so that's good enough for me) but not sure she has her favourites, she sometimes picks out things about people, like if my OH or someone else has done really well she will mention it to try and motivate other people.

Main reason we go to this one is that we can walk to it, its only about 5-10minutes round the corner from us.

You can always just come for a night and see what you think or you could just come the first week in November (when everyone says its gona change) and get all the stuff and and then keep doing it the way you are, at home after that...

But I think puggso_32 is right, when the changes start happening, there will be loads of info popping up on here, so don't feel just cause your not going to a local meeting your missing out.

Back