Weightwatchers - Changing ??

Dont know if it has been mentioned or not but the new points system wont be just called points, it will be called ProPoints and every food will have a ProPoint value :)

But I think puggso_32 is right, when the changes start happening, there will be loads of info popping up on here, so don't feel just cause your not going to a local meeting your missing out.

Believe me we'll be indundated with people ;)

When WW changed last time, well when introduced Discover, the WW forums were directing everyone over here! So remember best behaviour, dress smart when it happens ;)

Believe me we'll be indundated with people ;)

When WW changed last time, well when introduced Discover, the WW forums were directing everyone over here! So remember best behaviour, dress smart when it happens ;)

HAHA, This made me laugh :D !

Was just thinking, am going shopping around the 16th 17th of the month and usually do a whole months worth in one go, (then by extras like bread etc if and when we run out)

If I buy loads of WW stuff or start writing points on packets, whats gona happen 2 weeks after I have gone shopping when the new system starts..

(Hope that made sense)

Whew! Looks like I joined Minimins just in time!
I must admit I'm intrigued by some of the things that have been mentioned in this thread, but to be perfectly honest, if I don't like the sound of the new plan I'll stick to the Discover Plan. The leaders can't force us to follow the new plan! I remember when Discover first came out there was a lot of hype and it was a major let down. Ah well, only time will tell :rolleyes:

To be fair, its not necessarilty changing to increase weightloss, but perhaps the change in calculation will encourage us to eat healthier foods - eg more fibre. This can only be a good thing imo.

Last edited:
Meant to add, I personally am looking forward to something new. I have full faith in ww, so believe it will be a good thing based on new research, might sound naive lol, but ww works only if you are fully committed and believe in it, so I have to stay in that mindset!!!!!

Last edited:
im looking forward to the change. i always welcome a challenge and when i start something i have never done before i have great will power. when ive done something for a while i get fed up. BRING IT ON!!! XX

In class today the Leader was talking about "the BIG CHANGE" that's happening in a few weeks and to pay attention tonight as it would be useful and then we got a comedy "nudge nudge wink wink". Wholegrain and wholewheat were the topic of the night so I am watching my fibre.

In class today the Leader was talking about "the BIG CHANGE" that's happening in a few weeks and to pay attention tonight as it would be useful and then we got a comedy "nudge nudge wink wink". Wholegrain and wholewheat were the topic of the night so I am watching my fibre.

So long as they don't go on about eating that brown rice, I have no problem with what ever changes they throw my way LMAO

Tried it and well let just say, never again ever yuck lol

On the other hand, brown whole wheat paster I have is one of my favourite things to eat :)

Sorry for digressing a little there :)

My class today as well was about fibre and food that burns calories and keep u statisfied longer too! and yip the whole grain foods brown rice bread etc was mentioned the new point system seam to be going to be based on these things! so i gather anyway from how she presented it x

So long as they don't go on about eating that brown rice, I have no problem with what ever changes they throw my way LMAO

Tried it and well let just say, never again ever yuck lol

On the other hand, brown whole wheat paster I have is one of my favourite things to eat :)

Sorry for digressing a little there :)
Have you tried the brown basmati? Tis gorgeous. I think Uncle bens and tilda do a boil in the bag one!
x

I notice the next mag is out in meetings 10th Nov and in shops 11th Nov so I guess it will have the new system in!! I think it makes sense to change the plan in November cause then everything is set up and ready for the January surge!!
One thing I'm thinking... I'll often have a few packs of crisps a day as they're only 1.5 points... not the best option I know so I'm assuming the new points system will make things like this higher?? Just speculating :0) xx

Have you tried the brown basmati? Tis gorgeous. I think Uncle bens and tilda do a boil in the bag one!
x

Yep, and sad to say I'm not a lover, cause it would be nice with it sustaining you for longer if I was...

I notice the next mag is out in meetings 10th Nov and in shops 11th Nov so I guess it will have the new system in!! I think it makes sense to change the plan in November cause then everything is set up and ready for the January surge!!
One thing I'm thinking... I'll often have a few packs of crisps a day as they're only 1.5 points... not the best option I know so I'm assuming the new points system will make things like this higher?? Just speculating :0) xx

I'm in two minds about this, would be good cause I like to eat as much as I can now for my points so the more points a treat or crisps take out of my daily allowance the less likely I am to have them, though saying that at 1.5p for crisps at least I could have them and still have loads of points for other stuff I wanted.

We shall see in November, I don't think there is any point in speculating to much before then....

I'm going to wait and see what the "big changes" are. I've been a WW since 1982, got to goal then and stayed there for 9 yrs, then had kids and never quite made it back to goal (even when it was changed to a higher goal!)
I've seen a few programs come and go (usually every 2 yrs) and the only ones I've ever really enjoyed and had success with were the very first one I used in 1982 and the no count/core program.
I've even defected to SW but I don't seem to have much success with that even though it is like the core program.......perhaps my heart isn't really in it.

Soooooooo, I'll turn up at a class to see what the new program is all about. It's got to be worth a try. Let's hope it's not the damp squib the discovery plan turned out to be.............all those weeks of leaders teasing us with "big changes" and all it was was points re-hashed and core disappearing into oblivion (although it is available as the simply filling option you aren't encouraged to use it)

Anyway.......enough of my rambling. Give it a go, if you don't like it go back to the old system.

Good luck everyone

I was wondering if the system they have now is working so well for people, why do they keep changing it. Is it a marketing thing, do they think with each new plan they are making WW even better, or what?

Do they really need to keep revamping it every 2years or so?

I told my leader about this forum at this mornings weigh in, there was just the 2 of us there and she admitted that change was coming, based on carbs and using the American system. Minimins is wonderful, works better than any other spy network :D

I'm a little nervous of the new system as I've only ever done points based on calories and saturated fats and as I lost weight this way 10 years ago, and then again now, I'm a bit whimsical about it... but we shall see!! xx

Back