Weightwatchers - Changing ??

hopefully they will just do another plan alongside this so u can still do this while attending group like they did with core, i just hope if they do do that they still keep these current point values on ww foods.. i dont buy loads of them just the frozen meals for when im in work or feeling braindead while shopping!

Oh blimey!!!! Is it likely they'll officially run the Discover plan and the new plan together in group so we have a choice cos I wouldnt like to follow an out of date plan while going to meetings where they're talking about something that has no relevance to me. I like the current points plan as it is because I CAN have anything I like for my points. I really hope its not going to end up like SW cos I did that for years and swapped for the change. I gag every time I think of fruit I ate that much of it!!!!!! xxx

my leader was recently a a meeting about these new changes and all she said was she wasnt allowed to say anything about what was coming but the tests have shown fantastic results and we would love it and it starts at the begining of novemeber!! x

Woah, this all sounds interesting. I'm going to my second and last class tomorrow as I'm going back to uni next week, so I won't know about this 'new' plan :(

Unless I can convince my mum to go to classes in November! Hehe!

All sounds cool, just have to wait and see, but I love trying new things (within reason) so this will be good to try, and as others have said, if it does not work, I can always go back to the old system.

Just wondering what places like Tesco etc are going to do with all those healthy items of theirs they have put points on?

I expect theyll redo the calculations - I imagine WW will be working with them

lmao oh dear lord help us can't wait to see how long it takes the supermarkets to catch on and change their products too! :D gonna be un uproar for a while me thinks :p

Id think theyd do it pretty quickly.... it must be a huge selling feature for the supermarkets

Tesco aren't the quickest of people , my brother works there and it's hopeless lol they lose stock half the time :p but hoping asda and morrisons will be better they seem on the ball! :D hope your right though otherwise i'll get super confused hehe xx

Not sure if this info is of any relevance to you, but on the Droid app market there is new app, which is discribed for the use with the new pro points system. The app itself works out points, but it only uses Protein, carbs, fat and fibre.

Could your new points system not be using calories in the working out of points?

As I understand it the leaders have a big conference about the new system this week. I haven't been to my meeting for 2 weeks (I've cancelled my MP although I am technically still a member until 8 October) and I got a note in the post this week saying come back but warning that there will be no meeting this week, as she is at the conference.

As I understand it the leaders have a big conference about the new system this week. I haven't been to my meeting for 2 weeks (I've cancelled my MP although I am technically still a member until 8 October) and I got a note in the post this week saying come back but warning that there will be no meeting this week, as she is at the conference.

How do they expect people to stay on track without a meeting, surely they could have given you an alternative meeting to go to..

Sorry, just my meetings are really important to me, I know I could not do it without them, and so even missing one would be hard. I like to have a constant weekly weigh in.

Besides if this new scheme is not coming into effect till next year, surely they could leave meetings till say late October at the earliest.

Ah there must be loads of new stuff to plan and organise, so the leaders are probably going to need all the time they could get..

oh i hope it don't change too much as i've only just starting to understand the diet. xxx

oh i hope it don't change too much as i've only just starting to understand the diet. xxx

My hubby says if it does change to much and he does not like it, he will either just stay doing it this way with the points and go get weighed each week, or try going it alone with me, and go somewhere like boots to weigh ourselves each week..

Either way, as many people have said, if you don't like the new way, what ever it may be then just stick to what works best for you. Its not coming into effect till next year, so no use worrying about it just yet..

The new plan has already been launched in Germany, so I had a ganders at the German site, and the details of the new plan are all on there.

Basically, they are redoing the calculations. As far as I could understand from reading the German site (with the help of google translate- if we have any more fluent German speakers that would be helpful?), we will now do points based on carbs, protein, fibre and fat (presumably saturated, but i'm not too sure on that).

My leader, whilst she didn't tell me the details of the plan, was talking about how successful it has been - she loves it! She doesn't have anything to lose, but some of her leader friends have, and have been losing with great success on the new plan.

Back