Weightwatchers - Changing ??

I live in Ireland, and I reckon we arent getting it til January :-(

That what I was told by my friend Alan who lives in Ireland. He told me he was told they were not getting it till next year.

Seems silly really seeing as we are getting it in November over here, all people over there have to do, is go to places like this site and get all the info they want about the new plan, why did they not just roll them both out at the same time?

im assumin that it will still b ok2 do wat we r doin at the min?as to be honest i dont fancy changin xx

No one can force you to change, that's up to you.

well at class today there are signs up saying about the change taking place starting nov 7th no new info about it though but i did ask if it would mess up my online tracking with the change happening on a sunday and she said yes the online ww will change on the sunday so my points will be messed up! so not to track that day online just to write it down till she explains some more on the monday x

Is WW changing?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It's New - It's Breakthrough - It's coming 8th November...[/FONT]
space.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The biggest innovation from Weight Watchers for 15 years. Find out about it in your meeting from 8th November.[/FONT]

I read this in my weekly emails from WW

Irene xx

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It's New - It's Breakthrough - It's coming 8th November...[/FONT]
space.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The biggest innovation from Weight Watchers for 15 years. Find out about it in your meeting from 8th November.[/FONT]

I read this in my weekly emails from WW

Irene xx

Thats sort of what our leader has been saying. She said they have been going round doing almost the same things for 15 years and now this is going to be something new and innovative. We shall see.

Think the leaders have been trying this new system out for a while already, as my leader keeps mentioning that she lost 2lbs or 1.5lbs this week etc, and how the new system is really going to be good, and how it has helped her keep it off (the weight) more then usual..

our leader has been doing it for 4 weeks, and has lost 7lbs, although i am reluctant to change, might be the boost i need to start loosing again!

Just been at meeting tonight and the leader was telling everyone to stay for class in a fortnight. She said in the new plan there are no points and she thinks its fab, she has done it this week. Someone also mentioned fruit is no points, but if we arent counting points im not sure what it is, probably you can eat as much as you like of if!

I found this via the WW online site

Making Weight Loss Personal
Article By: Zoe Hellman, Bsc, RD Weight Watchers Dietitian UK

One of the reasons Weight Watchers ProPoints® Plan is so effective for lasting weight loss is that within your ProPoints budget you have your own personal, daily ProPoints allowance specifically designed to give you a regular, healthy weight loss.

The daily ProPoints allowance is based on scientific calculations that use your weight, height, gender and age to work out your basic energy needs.

Putting the ProPoints Plan into Practise
Every food has a ProPoints value so that you can easily make choices about how many you want to use from your budget each time you eat. These values are based on the number of protein, fibre, fat and carbohydrates in any portion of food.

To lose weight you need to consume fewer calories than your body needs but with the ProPoints plan, there’s no need to focus too much on this as the plan works it out for you. All you need to do is keep track of the ProPoints values you’re using during the day and stay within your budget.

Finding the ProPoints Values in Everything You Eat and Drink
We put the relevant number of protein, fat, fibre and carbohydrates and its portion size through a special calculation which produces its ProPoints value. You never see this calculation as we’ve done it all for you but there are lots of ways you can access ProPoints value information:

· Use the online ProPoints Calculator to the left of your screen, to quickly and easily work out ProPoints values at a glance.

· Shop lists the ProPoints values of thousands of branded foods and is available to buy online or at your meeting

· Work out the ProPoints values yourself from the information on nutrition labels using the electronic, pocket ProPoints Calculator, which you can buy online or at your meeting.
Label Logic
If you’re working out the ProPoints values yourself, you’ll need five pieces of information that can be found on a food’s nutrition label: protein, fibre, fat and carbohydrates. If fibre isn't shown on the label, just enter 0.

Label Law
In the UK nutrition information is not required by law on labels, unless a claim is made about the nutritional content of the food. That is why you may pick up a packet of sweets for example that has no nutrition label on the packaging. However, many food manufacturers put nutrition labels on packages voluntarily to help consumers make informed choices about the food they eat.

If a claim is made about the nutritional content of the food or if nutritional information is displayed voluntarily, then the format of this information is prescribed by law. This law states that nutritional information must be provided as grams per 100g, but displaying the nutritional information per serving is voluntary.

Good Health Guidelines
Weight Watchers is committed to healthy, practical and sustainable weight loss. That’s why we recommend you follow our Good Health Guidelines alongside the ProPoints plan. In addition we have the Filling & Healthy foods that clearly show you which are the most effective choices for your healthy weight loss.

I think i'll have to go and join up otherwise i'll have no clue :( i do it and home and just bought the books and stuff off ebay!!

I've heard that its based on fat carbs, protein and fiber and you will have a daily points allowance that cannot be carried over and also a weekly allowance that can be used at any time in the week on top. Also all fruits are free. I'm on hol this week but am tempted to rejoin when I'm home :)

I've heard that its based on fat carbs, protein and fiber and you will have a daily points allowance that cannot be carried over and also a weekly allowance that can be used at any time in the week on top. Also all fruits are free. I'm on hol this week but am tempted to rejoin when I'm home :)

Yep thats it, we get 2 different allowances, im looking forward to giving it ago now :D :D

I was a little dubious at first and have followed this thread with interest. However now I am really looking forward to giving the new plan a good bash. When following a plan I think its all too easy to get into a rut then boredom sets in, so its good to freshen it all up!

Not looking forward to paying out for a new points calculator mind you but as its a tool I use every day I shall take it as an investment!

x

Well if you are right I hope fruit is the only thing that is free, or else I will NOT be doing the new plan.

Pasta and rice are my downfall, and if they go free, god help me, cause I know I will start gaining weight again.

Fingers crossed there not...

Back