Weightwatchers - Changing ??

Well if you are right I hope fruit is the only thing that is free, or else I will NOT be doing the new plan.

Pasta and rice are my downfall, and if they go free, god help me, cause I know I will start gaining weight again.

Fingers crossed there not...

I suspect that pasta/rice/bread etc will be much higher in points, especially white (or low fibre) items. Something has to increase in points to compensate for fruit going free and lean protein is supposed to be lower points now, so that leaves carbs...

I'm looking forward to the change and seeing how they manage it. I wonder if the next issue of the magazine will have points and ProPoints for each recipe? I'd love a couple of weeks worth of menus just to get me started.

We are definitely not getting it here (ireland) til January. No mention of it, but I do remember the leader saying back in September that she wouldnt have calculators til January, so theres the proof. Im stopping going to meeting now, and will go again when the new plan comes in. Dont see why Im paying €10 a week to be treated as a second class ww member, IYKWIM!!!

Clarri, that just doesnt seem fair does it?! I could maybe understand the USA having a different start date, but Ireland?!?! Seems crazy to me. well we will all post what we can on the new rules if that helps?

Loopy

I suspect that pasta/rice/bread etc will be much higher in points, especially white (or low fibre) items. Something has to increase in points to compensate for fruit going free and lean protein is supposed to be lower points now, so that leaves carbs...

I'm looking forward to the change and seeing how they manage it. I wonder if the next issue of the magazine will have points and ProPoints for each recipe? I'd love a couple of weeks worth of menus just to get me started.

I certainly hope what you are saying is true, but still worried about the fruit being free too, as my hubby could easily eat 10 bananas a day and I'm sure even when something is classed as free you could still over eat that item? Anyway we shall see, it will be here before we know it, so no use worrying about spilt milk (as they say)

I have never bought any of the magazines before (the ones in the shops) only got the ones they handed out in meetings, the little 15 page things, might have to give one a try, are they really worth it, I don't want to be paying just to read a load of success stories each month, surely there is more to the magazine then that? (not that they aren't good to read, but in a magazine on there own, not something I'd buy every month)

I certainly hope what you are saying is true, but still worried about the fruit being free too, as my hubby could easily eat 10 bananas a day and I'm sure even when something is classed as free you could still over eat that item? Anyway we shall see, it will be here before we know it, so no use worrying about spilt milk (as they say)

I have never bought any of the magazines before (the ones in the shops) only got the ones they handed out in meetings, the little 15 page things, might have to give one a try, are they really worth it, I don't want to be paying just to read a load of success stories each month, surely there is more to the magazine then that? (not that they aren't good to read, but in a magazine on there own, not something I'd buy every month)

I'd say that they're worth it. About a third is success stories, another third recipes and the rest is split between fitness and beauty. I've cooked loads of recipes from the magazines over the last few months, much more than the latest cookbook. Love the pork lasagne from last month!!

We are definitely not getting it here (ireland) til January. No mention of it, but I do remember the leader saying back in September that she wouldnt have calculators til January, so theres the proof. Im stopping going to meeting now, and will go again when the new plan comes in. Dont see why Im paying €10 a week to be treated as a second class ww member, IYKWIM!!!

Clarri hun i'd just see what goss we can get from members going to the actual meetings here and get the gist of it and follow! It will be to strange i feel you following the old plan and most members on here doing the new one etc! May as well start with everyone else, will be difficult because of not getting the books etc but sure some lovely members on here will give us the low down on what it's all about and how to work everything out on the points front :) xxx

The trouble for me with fruit being free would be that I'd relearn "picking", which I am thankfully losing the habit of. I'd keep grabbing a couple of grapes as I walk past. With my CC diet, I have to weigh grapes, so they get planned for like everything else.

We dont even get the free magazines at class, and for €10 a week, that piffes me off too!!

Clarri hun i'd just see what goss we can get from members going to the actual meetings here and get the gist of it and follow! It will be to strange i feel you following the old plan and most members on here doing the new one etc! May as well start with everyone else, will be difficult because of not getting the books etc but sure some lovely members on here will give us the low down on what it's all about and how to work everything out on the points front :) xxx
Will do Smirky. I do want to try the new plan, but as I said, not going to be here til Jan, so hoping to get the gist of it all on here.
xx

New Plan

My class is on Thursday nights and as a clerk have been asked to try out the "new" diet. We will be given all the new info tommorrow.

I am both excited and anxious, not sure what to expect. I'm just hoping that it might help me get out of the rut that I am currently in!!!

I am sure that there will be good and bad "points" with the new diet and I will let you know how I go on.

Wish me luck! (I need it)
:);):);):);):);):);):);):);):);):);):);):);):);):);):);):);):);):);)

Hey Clarri, I was just at my WI, I'm in offaly..& our leader was saying that the new plan isn't here till jan(your right). But from what i could gather we'll be able to get all the info on line before hand and with everyone on here talking about it and being able to see peoples results i think we'll be at an advantage...we'll have all the inside info from here before we even start the new plan!! and hopefully there will be loads of tips from everyone!!:innocent0001:

To make myself clear!!!

Just to make my earlier post clear - I will let you know how I get on from a personal level but unfortunately will not be able to discuss any details due to it being confidential until official release.

Just to make my earlier post clear - I will let you know how I get on from a personal level but unfortunately will not be able to discuss any details due to it being confidential until official release.
Oh yeah, I understand that you'll be keeping it all confidential..but the release date in ireland is later so lots of people will be started the new plan before we get it...so at least we'll know what to expect from the changes!

I really want to try the new diet so hoping that the magazine has lots of info as I don't go to meetings! I suppose from a business point of view it will get people going to meetings as I think everyone knows how to do WW points on their own by now!

Damn! :D hehe good luck hun ! i really do hope this new change it worth all the fuss :p i'll be moving over from CC to WW for a week to see what the 'new' way of pointing is like! i'll treat it like the wendi plan to kick start me off :eek::D

hello!

hi there, I'm new here. I was at my meeting on Sunday and was told that the proPoints plan will be introduced on the week commencing the 7th of November. WW starts the week on Sunday, so my meeting is going to be one of the first ones to show the new plan officially. I'm a helper and my leader told me she's going to explain to us the new plan on the 31st, so we can try it for a week and be able to answer questions from the members when they have a problem.

The new plan from the info I gathered on the French website is very good. points are calculated in a completely different way, so it's no use of thinking about the points we have now because they'll be completely different in 2 weeks time! Your daily target will increase (now the minimum will be 29 points rather than 16) and you will also have extra 35 points to use during the week in case you have a naughty day or you go to the restaurant or such. This is to allow flexibility, because you MUST eat ALL of your daily target, you CANNOT save anything! And yes, all fruit is free, including bananas, and almost all vegetables!

There's no possibility to convert the points, so it's useless to try to do it. Ex, a big mac is 9 points in this plan but it's 12 points for the new plan, but other things that could be 9 points with this plan won't be 12 with the new one! I'm looking forward to Sunday. Seems that the reason why fruit is free is because they incorporated it in the daily target, so the 29 points take into account a normal eating habit of fruit.

The new plan sounds more modern than the old one, similar to Sparkpeople and other resources and more balanced. I am looking forward to the change! :)

I'm in two minds about this. Ive found WW good for me because it limits what I eat and makes me be more sensible with my portions. I worry that more points will make me go out of control, or paranoid that I am eating too much, even if the new points have no correlation with the current ones. However, I have been trying to make sensible food choices since I started anyway, eating good healthy food instead of 20 points worth of meringue nests, so if the new plan encourages this kind of outlook I would be all for it. I hate feeling guilty about eating a banana!

The magazine is great :D It's the thing that got me into WW in the first place. There are a few success stories which are fun to read if you are into that sort of thing, but the recipes are delicious! It also has decent articles on wellbeing, exercise and stuff, and the usual women's magazine fluff of fashion and beauty. I think it's a decent buy. But I gather that many recipes also appear in the Irresistable magazine, which is quarterly or something? So that would be good for people who aren't interested in the other stuff.

I'm interested in seeing how the mag will change, I hope my collection of recipe cuttings won't be redundant with the new plan

I'm in two minds about this. Ive found WW good for me because it limits what I eat and makes me be more sensible with my portions. I worry that more points will make me go out of control, or paranoid that I am eating too much, even if the new points have no correlation with the current ones. However, I have been trying to make sensible food choices since I started anyway, eating good healthy food instead of 20 points worth of meringue nests, so if the new plan encourages this kind of outlook I would be all for it. I hate feeling guilty about eating a banana!

don't worry sucette, I have a feeling that you won't be eating MORE on the new plan, only smarter probably, and better. The whole point of it I think seems to be to correct some bad behaviours people have been having, like not eating enough points, or eat only rubbish as points and then a lot of vegetables to fill up and things like that. yes, the old plan was allowing it but I guess this new plan will make your life much more difficult if you tried to. Besides, yes you have more points but food have got very different points now and things that might have been 1 points before now would be maybe 3, as I said a 9 points bigmac would be 12 and things like that. In the end, probably the free fruit will just fill you up :D

Back