Weightwatchers - Changing ??

, I personally cannot wait until I get my teeth stuck into this new plan, im up for anything new and it will be like a new start which will also mean the motivation will be back and more weight loss. :)

Ditto I agree totally after 8 months being 100% a
part from 7 days though careful I need a new start , I love wwas it suits my life style but I think it needed an overhaul.

Us humans are strange change scares most of us. If it doesn't work then go back to the plan now xx

Ditto I agree totally after 8 months being 100% a
part from 7 days though careful I need a new start , I love wwas it suits my life style but I think it needed an overhaul.

Us humans are strange change scares most of us. If it doesn't work then go back to the plan now xx

Absolutely, I mean I can totally understand people where there coming from saying they are a bit scared but, as you said and I was thinking, If it doesnt work (which im sure it will anyway) then just move back to discover plan. Problem solved :)

Why are people insisting on comparing ww to sw they are not and never will be the same so if you want to lose weight with ww then ignore all that sw does and vice versa

Agreed, SW and WW are still very different, but I do think that the new ProPoints plan on WW is sounding a bit more like SW in that fruit is free and it does seem to be promoting a more balanced approach than has previously been the case and this is what the EE plan aims to achieve. I know that many WW followers knock SW and state that they didn't lose weight on it- each to their own of course, but I would like to say that I am proud of my 4 stone 2lb loss in 1 year- it may not be the fastest rate of loss in the world but I have eaten an extremely balanced diet, have never let myself go hungry and feel I have changed my habits and relationship with food permanently. Good luck to all who are trying the new ProPoints system which by all accounts sounds excellent!X

This seems to be a common misconception that WW isnt a healthy eating plan - IT IS! It has been for a long long time. The current plan totally promotes healthy choices, choosing filling foods, making sensible healthy decisions and cooking from scratch. WW isnt (as many people think) a plan based on eating convenience food and junk.

Fruit is free on both plans... SW still promote 'free foods' WW dont - the new plan is all about points too. I really honestly cant see any similarities

Many WW do knock SW but an equal number of SW knock WW, its only natural. Were all passionate about which ever diet works best for us and cant understand why other people would chose another route. I lost NINE stones the first year I did WW. And it totally changed my eating habits, completely changed the relationship I had with food and made me eat far far healthier. I didnt see WW just as a 'diet' but as a lifestyle.... oh and Ive never ever been hungry when Ive done WW

Starlight, you're absolutely spot on. I too think that WW does promote healthy eating. In fact, if you follow the rules WW has written in bold even on esource, you MUST eat at least 5 portions of fruit and veg a day, 2 portions of milk/yogurt/cheese, 1 portion of wholemeal, 2 tsp of oil and 8 glasses of water every day. Then, any other point can be used as we want to use it. Unfortunately, because they were guidelines and not rules, people just let these healthy guides come in one ear and come out of the other without stay any time in the middle. Hence, people have been there preferring not to have a banana to have a packet of crisps or a chocolate bar. The new plan focuses on this mental process and gives you a daily allowance which is actually less than you think (most food has doubled in points value. There's very little things that have stayed the same or just slighly increased. Some foods have actually gone three or four times up! hence, if you divide 29 by half, it becomes 14.5! This means that potentially, you could be just having 14 old points by having 29 propoints per day! Since 29 points is the budget for much more people than those who were on 18 points to lose weight (counting 14 compulsory points and 4 points to save every day), this means you would eat LESS rather than more, if you keep on focusing on the wrong food and you don't eat fruit. The zero point fruit will only compensate the amount of points you're losing not only with the increase in value of the food but also with the fact that no half points exist any more, so foor that once would have been counted as 14.5 for example would now be 15!

I really don't understand why people keep on comparing the PP plan with SW! Except for the free fruit, there's no other similarity with SW. Yes, you have the weekly allowance, but you had that already with the other plan, because you could save up to 4 points a day to have the reserve on a special occasion! What's the difference?

I'm getting slightly excited about the new plan now. I'm going to use the 2 week free trial to WW online coupon that was in Bella, if I haven't lost anything at the end of the 2 weeks I'll go back to the old plan or SW. If I have lost, I'll join a group. That's the advice I'd give to anyone. try it for 2 weeks for 89p or whatever it is that Bella costs these days!

I'm getting slightly excited about the new plan now. I'm going to use the 2 week free trial to WW online coupon that was in Bella, if I haven't lost anything at the end of the 2 weeks I'll go back to the old plan or SW. If I have lost, I'll join a group. That's the advice I'd give to anyone. try it for 2 weeks for 89p or whatever it is that Bella costs these days!

Where is the coupon? I can't see it in Bella.

im pretty sure that means you actually sign up for WW for good and will have to pay every month after unless you cancel, you just get the first 2 weeks free.

im pretty sure that means you actually sign up for WW for good and will have to pay every month after unless you cancel, you just get the first 2 weeks free.

I'm hoping that's what it means! I'm going to print off all the info I need for the plan then cancel a couple of days later. Having tried and failed with so many diets this past year, I just don't want to spend anymore money until I know that whatever plan I follow works for me.

It says that when you set you account up you be on the 3 month plan, but it also says you can cancel the plan before your two weeks is up. So it is free.

Thats good then, just thought people should know you cant just click and get it for free, Remember to cancel! :)

When I went to WW I had a monthly pass but when I stopped going to the class and wanted to stop the monthly pass I had to give a month's notice so ended up paying for another month.

Irene xx

I had a code ages ago for a free trial, I had to sign up and give my card details, the trial was for two weeks, I cancelled just after the first week was up and it was cancelled immediately, and didnt cost me a penny xx

No wonder I couldn't find it - I've been looking through Best magazine. Doh!

Is it just a code you have to put in?

You have to put in your card details as if you are setting up an account, it will sign you up to the 3 month plan. But you can cancel the 3 month plan and the two week trial will be free.

This seems to be a common misconception that WW isnt a healthy eating plan - IT IS! It has been for a long long time. The current plan totally promotes healthy choices, choosing filling foods, making sensible healthy decisions and cooking from scratch. WW isnt (as many people think) a plan based on eating convenience food and junk.
Fruit is free on both plans... SW still promote 'free foods' WW dont - the new plan is all about points too. I really honestly cant see any similarities

Many WW do knock SW but an equal number of SW knock WW, its only natural. Were all passionate about which ever diet works best for us and cant understand why other people would chose another route. I lost NINE stones the first year I did WW. And it totally changed my eating habits, completely changed the relationship I had with food and made me eat far far healthier. I didnt see WW just as a 'diet' but as a lifestyle.... oh and Ive never ever been hungry when Ive done WW

I was really only defending my beloved SW in response to people saying they didn't lose on it so apols if anyone thinks I was stating that WW wasn't a healthy eating plan- I wasn't saying that at all! I lost a lot of weight a few years ago on WW, ate very healthily, and it suited me at the time but for me personally (and of course it's a very personal thing) I wasn't able to maintain it, but maybe this was because my head wasn't in the right place and I hadn't sorted out my issues with food! I think that if you follow any plan properly you'll lose weight, but I can see why people find SW tricky because they don't know quite how far to take the 'free foods' and may find themselves overeating. This did take me a little while to get my head around but I think it's just a matter of eating for your appetite and not pushing it. And with regards to the healthy eating aspect, I realise that WW is already a healthy eating plan, but the peeps at both WW and SW make changes to make the plans even more healthy. For example tinned macaroni cheese and corned beef are no longer free on SW and this is because they realise they shouldn't be promoting such foods to eat freely from a health point of view. Likewise WW are now promoting the new plan that will encourage people to eat even more healthily. They might opt for some smoked mackerel that they may not have previously touched with a barge pole because it would have used too many points up when actually it would be a fantastic addition to their diet.

You have to put in your card details as if you are setting up an account, it will sign you up to the 3 month plan. But you can cancel the 3 month plan and the two week trial will be free.

Once you've cancelled, can you then sign up for the three month plan and take advantage of the money off offer ie 3 months for £28?

I dont understand why ppl are saying pp is like sw, Just because they have made fruit 0pts? Like its been said before, ww have made fruit 0pts because its included in the daily allowance (foods pts going up and no 0.5pts) and with the weekly points its always been like this. Just it was done daily but could be saved for weekly, which alot of ppl done anyway for nights out and takeaways.

Back